+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swollen Uvula

bunghole kung_fu_longhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?

Swollen Uvula

I realize I'm opening myself up for a countless number of jokes but goddammit this thing is annoying.

For those not in the know, uvula = the dangly thing in the back of your throat
    Mine is about 4x its normal size and can be found resting either inside my throat or on the back of my tongue. I woke up with it like this, had a few glasses of water and its not going away.

What the $#@! do I do about this? It's really messing with my gag reflex. Any ENTs out there?

Do you still have your tonsils?

asshat CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd grows his own roses CaptainEd's Avatar
    you must have received a serious deep $#@!ing. walking funny too?

bunghole kung_fu_longhorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarman
    yup.

you must have received a serious deep $#@!ing. walking funny too?
    nope on both accounts.

asshat Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kung_fu_longhorn
    yup.
    might need to see about taking them out.

asshat HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn grows his own roses HoustonHorn's Avatar
    I've had this happen after a huge night of drinking. It usually goes away late that day or by the following morning.

I don't know if that's what caused it in your case, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    yup.
    might need to see about taking them out.
    I'll take tonsillectomy for 1000, Alex.

asshat Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper's Avatar
    from wiki
    Swollen uvula - uvulitis

At times, the mucous membrane around the uvula may swell, causing the uvula to expand 3-5 times its normal size. When the uvula touches the throat or tongue, it can cause sensations like gagging or choking, even though there is no foreign matter present. This can cause problems breathing, talking, and eating.

There are many theories about what causes the uvula to swell, including: 1) dehydration (from arid weather); 2) excessive smoking or other inhaled irritants; 3) snoring; 4) allergic reaction; or 5) a viral or bacterial infection.

If the swelling is caused by dehydration, drink plenty of fluids. If the cause is a bacterial infection, gargling salt water may help. A swollen uvula is normally not life-threatening and subsides in a short time, typically within a day. However, it can also be a sign of other problems. Some patients with a history or recurring uvulitis have to carry an EpiPen containing Adrenaline (Epinephrine) to inject themselves whenever the uvulitis begins. If the swelling has not subsided within 8-12 hours, or if it is accompanied by other symptoms (such as fever or pain), it is best to see your health care provider.

asshat j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S.'s Avatar
    Yeah I get that sometimes if I drank/smoked a lot the night before. I think it is because I was snoring my ass off on those heavy drinkin/smokin nights.

asshat texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006's Avatar
    drink some benadryl you $#@!sucker :D

overachieving asshat idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas slams and goes hard. idigTexas's Avatar
    I get this occasionally. Mine is an allergic reaction, most often to mold. It typically goes away the same day, though it can linger for a day or two. If you tend to breathe through your mouth, you are more susceptible.

asshat texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texashooch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texdude2006
    drink some benadryl you $#@!sucker :D
    This is actually exactly what you should do (the benadryl part, not the sucking $#@! part). Make sure you're hydrated as well and it should go away.

gracias all. Hydrating and taking benadryl. I got a bachelor party this weekend to go to, so this $#@! better get cleared up before that or I'm just going to have to power through it.

asshat spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes Shaggy Gold Club spankytoes's Avatar
    Texas Turncoat in Manhattan & Humblebragging Travel Douche
    I am dyslexic. I seriously thought this said vulva.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    gracias all. Hydrating and taking benadryl. I got a bachelor party this weekend to go to, so this $#@! better get cleared up before that or I'm just going to have to power through it.

Pick up your game.

Oh, I'll be fine. The bachelor on the other hand, is the one who needs to step it up. The soon to be wifey is actually trying to make this a combo bachelor/bachelorette party. Maybe this is best man territory. Either way, it might very well be the worst bachelor party ever. Or maybe they'll be hot and naked.

bunghole AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AKHornFan is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?

asshat texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006's Avatar
    Oh, I'll be fine. The bachelor on the other hand, is the one who needs to step it up. The soon to be wifey is actually trying to make this a combo bachelor/bachelorette party. Maybe this is best man territory. Either way, it might very well be the worst bachelor party ever. Or maybe they'll be hot and naked.
    I call bull$#@! on the naked part. You better not let this be a joint party. I will hold down the fort, while yall party it up this weekend. Glad your uvula is doing better you $#@! licker.

I had that happen in college. (No comments.) We hosted a huge party, and I got completely wasted. I woke up at noon the next day, and it looked like I had a golf ball suspended by a rubber band at the back of my throat. When it continued to swell, my girlfriend insisted that I needed to make a trip to the ER. (It was a Sunday.)

Nobody there took me very seriously, but eventually, a doc came in and lectured me as to how I MIGHT have uvulitis, but it's normally a kid's condition. Eventually, he said "let me take a look", followed by a startled backwards push of his little rolling chair and (no kidding) a very loud

"GOD DAMN THAT'S THE BIGGEST UVULA I HAVE EVER SEEN".

He called every nurse in the ER over to take a look. After that, he gave me a Rx for some antibiotic, and I lived.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjazz
    "GOD DAMN THAT'S THE BIGGEST UVULA I HAVE EVER SEEN".
    That's some funny $#@!.

asshat TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TEXAS1026's Avatar
    It could be tonsillitis.

Doesn't necessarily mean a tonsillectomy unless you get it often.

asshat Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps's Avatar
    I had this happen in January when I ended up with a sore throat and hacking up green and yellow mucus. The swelling went down after like 1 day but it sucks balls to have that thing resting on your tongue.

asshat The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude Shaggy Gold Club The Dude's Avatar
    you probably caught teh gay

Burnt Orange Weenie BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BigOrange's Avatar
    are all of you $#@!s sure that you just didnt make out with each other and pass it off on each other?

asshat Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Scraps's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange
    are all of you $#@!s sure that you just didnt make out with each other and pass it off on each other?
    Oh sorry on second thought yeah this is what happened I had forgot about that

why? are you the "entertainment"?

I've seen better at the dentist.

bunghole Henador Titzoff is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Henador Titzoff is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Henador Titzoff is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Henador Titzoff is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Henador Titzoff is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Henador Titzoff is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    I used to get this from sleep apnea from mouth breathing to not die.

got a cpap machine wallah!!! no more swolen uvula.

[ open on National Uvula association flash card ]

Announcer: And now, a public service dramatization from the National Uvula Association.

[ dissolve to Babs and her sister sitting in their living room ]

Sister: Gee, Babs, you look like something the cat just dragged in.

Babs: I know. I feel crummy. But I just can't seem to put my finger on what's wrong.

Sister: That's too bad, Babs. Has it ever dawned on you that it just may be your uvula?

Babs: Gee, no, Sis.. I must have stupidly glossed right over my uvula.

Sister: I had a hunch you might've. That's why I made an appointment for you with a top uvula specialist. [ doorbell rings ] Who makes house calls! Right now!

[ Doctor enters the living room ]

Doctor: Hello, I'm the doctor.

Sister: Hi.

Babs: That must be him! [ coughs ]

[ Doctor sits next to Babs on the couch ]

Doctor: I won't beat around the bush, Babs.

Babs: Is it bad?

Doctor: In a nutshell, your uvula is on the fritz. Which reminds me of a little joke. Knock knock!

Babs: Who's there?

Doctor: Babs' uvula.

Babs: Babs' uvula who?

Doctor: I don't know, Babs. But I do know this - you've really let your uvula go to the dogs.

Babs: Yes.. I have..

Sister: I'd like to share this with you, Sis. [ opens a greeting card ] "To Babs: It'll behoove ya', to care for your uvula! Love, Sis."

Babs: Boy, do I hear ya', Sis! From now on, it's strictly good, clean fun. For me and my uvula!

Doctor: That reminds me of a little joke. Knock knock!

Announcer: Who's there?

[ Doctor, Babs and her sister laugh at the surprise interruption ]

Announcer: The preceding dramatization was brought to you by the National Uvula Association.

bunghole KTTFB64 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? KTTFB64 is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    One time when I had a cold, I went a little overboard with hocking stuff up, and it stretched out my uvula. Tough to talk with that thing on your tongue.

asshat irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan Shaggy Gold Club irishtexan's Avatar
    just down some benadryl and you'll be back to sucking $#@! in no time.

bunghole PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont slams and goes hard. PigBellmont's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irishtexan
    just down some benadryl and you'll be back to sucking $#@! in no time.

now that kind of reply is why i love this place.

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    i had mine removed in 2000, along with my tonsils... i was snoring loud as $#@! before and was waking up with my uvula down my throat every a.m.

allergies significantly decreased with removal, too... apparently, my $#@! was all $#@!ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHorn
    i had mine removed in 2000, along with my tonsils... i was snoring loud as $#@! before and was waking up with my uvula down my throat every a.m.

allergies significantly decreased with removal, too... apparently, my $#@! was all $#@!ed up.
    Yeah, but has it improved your deep throating skills at all?

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blutarsky
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHorn

Yeah, but has it improved your deep throating skills at all?
    No deep throating at all.

Seleccion Suprema No. 1 Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo Shaggy Gold Club Macanudo's Avatar
    I had my uvula taken out as well. I had a deviate septum that had gotten progressively worse after breaking my nose a couple of times. I snore less. Or at least my wife thinks so.

Re: Swollen Uvula

I realize I'm opening myself up for a countless number of jokes but goddammit this thing is annoying.

For those not in the know, uvula = the dangly thing in the back of your throat
    Mine is about 4x its normal size and can be found resting either inside my throat or on the back of my tongue. I woke up with it like this, had a few glasses of water and its not going away.

What the $#@! do I do about this? It's really messing with my gag reflex. Any ENTs out there?
    Every time I see this post, I have to take a second look to make sure I am not reading "Swollen Vulva"

Is it any better now? The uvula, I mean.

asshat flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco's Avatar
    I think it is because I was snoring my ass off on those heavy drinkin/smokin nights.
    Everytime it has happened to me was when I was daruuunk.

Quote Originally Posted by spankytoes
    I am dyslexic. I seriously thought this said vulva.
    Same here.

asshat Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22's Avatar
    Talk about necroposting...

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange
    they might've helped NAUI have the best sex ever.

Quote Originally Posted by j.e.s.-U.S.
    Yeah I get that sometimes if I drank/smoked a lot the night before. I think it is because I was snoring my ass off on those heavy drinkin/smokin nights.

Yeah, same thing happens to me.

+ Reply to Thread