+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: advice for craps first-timer?

asshat tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak's Avatar

advice for craps first-timer?

Going to Shreveport tonight, and I intend to try craps for the first time. It's a little daunting for a beginner, but I figure I have to start at some point.

My strategy is to play mostly Pass/Don't Pass and take/lay the odds. Gonna keep it real simple this first time out. Probably most nervous about shooting, but whatthefuckever, if people get uppity they can EABOD.

Any general advice for a first-timer?

asshat Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke Shaggy Gold Club Luke Duke's Avatar

asshat tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak is a rep whore. tokamak's Avatar
    yeah, I'm targeting about 180 rolls. If that lady can do it, so can I.

asshat CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname's Avatar
    You can pass the dice if you aren't feeling lucky. Actually, male first timers (virgins) are considered unlucky (whereas women first timers are).

asshat KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN's Avatar
    its a wonderful system posted by our esteemed HG:

i copied it and will repost it anyone someone asks.

Just to make sure I am giving proper credit, HG wrote this, not me.

ok, here it is.

i'm going fast, so if there are any questions, or i leave something out, please reply.

don't play the pass line. wait for a point to be established.

once it is, bet the other three inside numbers. e.g. if the point is 5, bet on the 6-8-9, and so forth. if the point is a 4 or 10, take the 3 inside numbers closest to the point. "hug" the point.

this bet will be "16 or 17 inside" depending on what the point is.

so you're on 3 numbers. collect your first two hits, no matter what number they come on. that'll get you back $14, and essentially even.

then, with each hit of a number, you press THAT number, as shown below:

5/9 - 5-15-35 (full collect) - 85-100-150 - 350 (full) - 500 and so on.
    6/8 - 6-12-30 (full collect) - 60 (full) - 120 - 300 (full) - 600 and so on.

once you get your first full collect, get on the 4 & 10 (or whatever the two you're not on).

4/10 - 5-15-40 (full) - 100-200-400

when the point resets, always move the bigger bet away from the point.

which means, if you have $30 on the 6, and $12 on the 8 and the point resets to the 6, then switch the 2 bets.

if you're on a $10 table, then:

5/9 - $10-$25 (full) -$50-$100 and catch up
    6/8 - $12-$30 (full) and you're caught up.

if the numbers keep coming, eventually get on all 6 numbers. if you get scared and wanna be conservative, you can do a full collect more often, or a smaller press lever but the system works because of the power pressing.

bottom line is that you'll lose no more than $17 on any given roller, and you'll have $40-$50 on the table in no time, so get rated.

asshat MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX's Avatar
    The Gandorf system is pretty much money, my only advice is that if the point is 4 or 10, don't say "____ inside" unless you say 22. "16 in" or "17 in" will get you a funny look...say "6-8-9" or "5-8-9" when you bet the inside, unless you want the 5-6-8-9, of course.

Well, I pretty much got killed. The Horseshoe has 100x odds but I was only comfortable betting 4x with my measly bankroll. I've heard craps is a game of runs, well I must've caught the table on a bad run, because several shooters in a row sevened out before hitting the point. That pretty much killed my entire bankroll. I $#@!ing crushed the blackjack tables all weekend, though, so it made up for it.

I noticed that most people around the table were playing the pass+odds, place bets, and a few bucks on the hardways. The dealers would set place bets on different corners of the box - does that mean anything, or is that just so that they can keep track of who's bet is who's? Also saw lots of white chips changing hands, almost looked like it costs an ante or something to make a place bet, Is that the case?

KC, I only understand like 50% of that, but thanks for posting. I'll study it for next time.

asshat CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname's Avatar
    white chips might be 1s, for tips

asshat MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? MrX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tokamak
    I noticed that most people around the table were playing the pass+odds, place bets, and a few bucks on the hardways. The dealers would set place bets on different corners of the box - does that mean anything, or is that just so that they can keep track of who's bet is who's? Also saw lots of white chips changing hands, almost looked like it costs an ante or something to make a place bet, Is that the case?
    On place bets, when people press, sometimes the dealers will ask you for singles (in addition) as to make the odds pay an even amount. The dealers will make sure the math is right and will just ask you for "two dollars" or "one dollar" depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX
    On place bets, when people press, sometimes the dealers will ask you for singles (in addition) as to make the odds pay an even amount. The dealers will make sure the math is right and will just ask you for "two dollars" or "one dollar" depending on the situation.
    So, for example, since the 6 & 8 pay 7 to 6, they prefer that people bet in increments of $6? makes sense...

still trying to figure out this system...

Quote Originally Posted by KC-97HORN
    then, with each hit of a number, you press THAT number, as shown below:

5/9 - 5-15-35 (full collect) - 85-100-150 - 350 (full) - 500 and so on.
    6/8 - 6-12-30 (full collect) - 60 (full) - 120 - 300 (full) - 600 and so on.

once you get your first full collect, get on the 4 & 10 (or whatever the two you're not on).

4/10 - 5-15-40 (full) - 100-200-400
    I'm pretty sure that I understand everything up to this point, but this is where it gets cloudy. So lets say that the point is 6. That means I've got $5 each on 5/9 and $6 on 8 -- "16 inside". If an 8 is rolled, I get paid $7 and put $6 of that right back on the 8. So I now have $12 on the 8 and still $5 on the 5/9. Once I get to $30 on the 6/8 or $35 on the 5/9 and win, I collect that $35 or $42 winnings and put it in my pocket ("full collect"). After that I start betting the 4/10 as well.

If the shooter hits the point, do I pull all my bets off the table until a new point is established, since I'm not betting the pass line? Or do the place bets work the same way on come out rolls?

When the shooter sevens out, I assume you start over at the very beginning (16 or 17 inside) for the new shooter?

Do I have all that right?

still trying to figure out this system...

I'm pretty sure that I understand everything up to this point, but this is where it gets cloudy. So lets say that the point is 6. That means I've got $5 each on 5/9 and $6 on 8 -- "16 inside". If an 8 is rolled, I get paid $7 and put $6 of that right back on the 8. So I now have $12 on the 8 and still $5 on the 5/9. Once I get to $30 on the 6/8 or $35 on the 5/9 and win, I collect that $35 or $42 winnings and put it in my pocket ("full collect"). After that I start betting the 4/10 as well.

If the shooter hits the point, do I pull all my bets off the table until a new point is established, since I'm not betting the pass line? Or do the place bets work the same way on come out rolls?

When the shooter sevens out, I assume you start over at the very beginning (16 or 17 inside) for the new shooter?

Do I have all that right?
    You have the system down, basically. Make sure you collect twice before you start pressing, thus only being down a couple of bucks while the rest of the money on the table is "house money."

When a point is made, the place bets are "off" when a shooter is coming out (So a 2, 3, or 12 doesn't affect the place bets). If you are on all the numbers but six (Because six was the point) and now the shooter's point is an 8, you just move the money from the 8 to the now-vacant 6. The dealers will again anticipate that you want to do this and will adjust the value accordingly if you're going from like an 8 to a 10.

asshat j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S.'s Avatar
    I have played with a very similar system but sometimes use the pass line because I feel like it can make it fun. Also, when you get a good number you can make more money by backing up the pass line bet with odds I believe. What exactly does the "16 or 17 inside" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by j.e.s.-U.S.
    What exactly does the "16 or 17 inside" mean?
    Not sure, but I interpreted that to mean that you have $16 or $17 total on the "inside" (5-6-8-9) numbers. I think the original post is written with a $5 table in mind. Assuming one of the inside numbers is the point, you'd have $5+$5+$6=$16 or $5+$6+$6=$17 on the other three. Since the 6-8 pay 7 to 6, you'd be asked to bet $6 on those numbers, per MrX's answer to one of my earlier questions on this thread.

asshat j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S. is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? j.e.s.-U.S.'s Avatar
    That makes sense now, thanks. Also, it is pretty $#@!ing fun to yell "Dollar Yo" when you feel a whoomp coming on, a whoomp as in you want to waste a dollar and sound cool. I have hit the yo bet a few times and it is fun. Also, you should throw a yo bet for the dealers every now and then, they will appreciate it.

asshat KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN is a rep whore. KC-97HORN's Avatar
    about 10 years ago one of my co-workers threw a $5 chip on the yo and hit it. Big deal. Except he told the dealer to press it and hit it again on the next roll. (he won something like $1250 on that)

he was telling us this story on a company outing to one of the boats in KC, we dared him to do it again.

First time he threw the $5 on the yo it didnt hit. We played a few more rolls and about his 3rd or 4th try the yo hit, and he told them to press it again. Ill be $#@!ing damned if it didnt hit again right in front of us.... lucky bastard.

What am I not getting about HG's strategy? I been tinkering around with it on WizardofOdds and lose my shirt. Sure you're only exposed at $16/$17, but unless you hit a bunch of numbers, you aren't going to make any money.

I'll hit 2-3 numbers, keep pressing and then seven out.

yeah, I'm having trouble with it as well. I think the whole idea is to basically just stay alive, minimizing your losses ($17 per shooter max) until you get lucky and hit a big payday. You've got to remember to do a full collect if you get to the right level. I guess you could tinker around with where you take them if your risk tolerance isn't that high.

yeah, I'm having trouble with it as well. I think the whole idea is to basically just stay alive, minimizing your losses ($17 per shooter max) until you get lucky and hit a big payday. You've got to remember to do a full collect if you get to the right level. I guess you could tinker around with where you take them if your risk tolerance isn't that high.
    This. when I'm playing craps for real, I play a VERY different system, but the goal is the same - get the most amount of money on the table when the table gets hot, and then don't get killed when it isn't.

asshat Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Real_Texas's Avatar
    Vegas... dispatching the Cooler to your table.
    I noticed that most people around the table were playing the pass+odds, place bets, and a few bucks on the hardways. The dealers would set place bets on different corners of the box - does that mean anything, or is that just so that they can keep track of who's bet is who's?
    I hate hard bets, I rarely bet them unless I'm really bored or really drunk. The bets are placed in the corner of the box or on the sideline of a box based upon rack the player is standing at in relation to the stickman.

asshat mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin grows his own roses mycoxaphlopin's Avatar
    You need a big bankroll when playing craps. You need at least $200 on a $5 table for one session. Don't be scared to leave if you are down $100...wait for another session and go in with another $200.

the godfather HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf's Avatar
    my buy in for a session is always $300, on a $5 or $10 table. i don't think about bouncing unless i'm under $100, or unless the first few rolls went out immediately and i'm pissy.

i just discovered this thread, so if anyone has questions on the system, i can help.

asshat slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bedeviledegg
    What am I not getting about HG's strategy? I been tinkering around with it on WizardofOdds and lose my shirt. Sure you're only exposed at $16/$17, but unless you hit a bunch of numbers, you aren't going to make any money.

the thing about "systems" is that NONE of them have stronger mathematics than the house. The "Odds" bet behind the "Pass Line/ Don't Pass" bets or the "Come/ Don't Come" bets is the only bet in the entire casino that is paid with proper odds, that is no juice is taken off the top.

That "Yo" bet that sounds so sexy when played, should pay 18-1, since there are 2 combinations out of 36 that will yield the desired Eleven. The house pays 15-1. What would you tell your bank if they charged you 16.7% interest on your CHECKING account?

Now making place bets(far less "juice") is still one of the best bets in the casino, but the more different bets you have on the table, the more exposure you have, which will annihilate a weak bankroll that most players start out with.

I realize most players are there just to have fun, and betting simple Pass line or Don't Pass bets can seem boring. I have found the best way to leave the craps table as a winner is by varying my odds bets as I get ahead or fall behind. I just have to laugh when people start touting certain systems. There's only one system guaranteed to win.

That being said, craps is by far my favorite game in the casino.

asshat Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis Shaggy Gold Club Anastasis's Avatar

I think the point of the HG system is to spin your wheels as long as possible waiting for that monster roll that we have all seen or participated in. You run that system on a monster roll with a shooter that repeats a good series and you are going to leave the table with a stack of chips. In the meantime your losses are minimized by collecting the first two hits and pressing aggressively when the thrower gets on a roll.

I primarily run HG's pressing system when I roll craps now. You get some interesting looks when you press a $5 bet up to $150. I haven't had a chance to break past the 2nd full collect on 5/9 or the 3rd on 6/8, but have done fairly well with it. Have also dropped a few full bankrolls along the way.

Now making place bets(far less "juice") is still one of the best bets in the casino, but the more different bets you have on the table, the more exposure you have, which will annihilate a weak bankroll that most players start out with.
    Actually this is also wrong, and a common misconception since line odds are fair.

Placing 6/8 gives the house 2 or 3% advantage
    Placing 5/9 gives the house 6.66%
    Placing 4/10 gives the house 10%

The best odds at a craps table is always in the special table details, 100x odds, the fee set for buying/laying. But assuming all things are normal Placing 6/8 and betting the line with the min/maxodds will hemorrhage less in the long run. Learn how to place the dice and the odds might even shift slightly on your side.

asshat slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? slorch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linux

Actually this is also wrong, and a common misconception since line odds are fair.

Placing 6/8 gives the house 2 or 3% advantage
    Placing 5/9 gives the house 6.66%
    Placing 4/10 gives the house 10%

The best odds at a craps table is always in the special table details, 100x odds, the fee set for buying/laying. But assuming all things are normal Placing 6/8 and betting the line with the min/maxodds will hemorrhage less in the long run. Learn how to place the dice and the odds might even shift slightly on your side.
    What i stated is mathmatically correct. It is no misconception. The more place bets you make, the further diluted your pass/ no pass bet with odds becomes. The place bets are still very good, with a lower house advantage than many other bets in the casino.

I repeat, the only bet in the casino that pays off correctly ( no juice)is the odds bet at the craps table. Any bet other than that increases the house advantage.

The place bets are still very good, with a lower house advantage than many other bets in the casino.
    Again it depends... Place 6/8 is very good, 5/9 ok, 4/10 is bad. So much so that Roulette gives you better odds/rewards, for example a straight up bet, red, black, odd, even, etc. gives the house ~6% advantage.

I repeat, the only bet in the casino that pays off correctly ( no juice)is the odds bet at the craps table. Any bet other than that increases the house advantage.
    True, and that is why there is usually a 3x4x5 limit. When this limit is removed and a min/maxing "strategy" is employed the house odds drop to almost nothing.

Let me elaborate on the last point a little bit, all crap table bets are net losers in the long run all of them, the thing is that it is confusing on the surface since the line bet is a compound of two bets that give you the advantage (the come out roll) and later is fair odds and payout. The house trick is that the line bet is held hostage with a 1:1 payout after the come out roll. If you could remove the line bet immediately after setting the point you would bankrupt all of Las Vegas given enough time (7 & Yo= 8 Combinations vs Craps= 4 Combinations with 1:1 payout). Always bet the table minimum here.

Since the line bet is already held hostage you might as well even the reward a little bit by wagering the maximum with much better payout. If 10 is the point a 2:1 payout on the surface is in reality 1.75:1 for 2:1 odds (line bet included). That is why with 100x odds you can turn an otherwise dull 1.75:1 into a 1.9??:1 payout for 2:1 odds. I can make a HTML table showing all the true payouts and odds if you min/max on a 3x4x5 table... if anyone is interested.

Come bets are essentially line bets so play the same way, if fun is a goal (and with craps it is the only rational goal) then line betting + come bets both min/maxed should last you a very long time.

I agree with Linux in that those casinos that run 2X, 3X, and 5X odds severely limit the ability of the player to reduce the house advantage on the pass/ no pass bet.

Lake Charles has 20X odds and Shreveport offers 100X odds, so when making a trip purely for playing craps, Vegas seldom enters the equation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by linux
    ...Come bets are essentially line bets so play the same way, if fun is a goal (and with craps it is the only rational goal) then line betting + come bets both min/maxed should last you a very long time.
    Only if you have a very large bankroll. You could wait a long time for the odds to catch up to reality.

Lake Charles has 20X odds and Shreveport offers 100X odds, so when making a trip purely for playing craps, Vegas seldom enters the equation for me.
    You can find it you just have to hunt it

http://www.nextshooter.com/vegas

Casino Royale seems to be the only great place on the strip.

Casino Royale seems to be the only great place on the strip.
    stop telling people!

asshat Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er's Avatar
    all I can say is thanks

I can never get enough of this thread.

The strategy is simple. Play conservative when it's your money (the initial $16-$17), and aggressive when it's the house money (after you've broken even with the two collects).

You don't really have to follow the progression after the two initial collects. Collect as often as you like - just make sure your bet keeps increasing if you keep winning. Remember, at this point, you are playing with house money (for this roll at least).

bunghole MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen slams and goes hard. MitchCumsteen's Avatar
    I'm an amateur craps player, so I've been fooling around with HG's strategy at crapsage.com. Great strategy for the enjoyment and stretching your bankroll at a table.

However, I really feel like any free table game site (be it cards, dice, whatever), adjusts the AI to the player's favor. I've noticed this for any free Hold 'em sites as well, especially when those free sites have links to the standard pay casino websites. I'm sure they get you thinking that you have it "all figured out" then wait for you to blow junior's college fund in three hours tying to outwit Sergei and Boris on the other end of the interweb.

asshat fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard. fluff slams and goes hard.
    I just want to say, a couple months ago I was in Vegas and wanted to play some craps. I have played before, but didnt have much of a clue. I remembered this thread and decided to try to find it using my iphone. I found it and studied it one night...Next day went to the table with $100....Cashed out $600 after 2 hours and 2 significant rolls that made me money. Next day I did it again and won another $200. This was playing very conservative and just waiting patiently as I won and lost here and there. Again, you are just trying to break even until you get that one roll that cant lose...Great strategy

asshat bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpclLadyFriend
    Hi Real!
    I always bet hard 8.
    It works for me.
    Please send me a PM if hard 4 also works.

asshat bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau's Avatar
    Going to Vegas next week. Can't wait to hit the craps tables at O'Sheas and Casino Royale.

asshat omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk slams and goes hard. omahawk's Avatar
    i played for the first time in omaha about three years ago. all i did was play blackjack and visit the craps table while all my friends were having a party. my boy, nimesh, pulled me in and showed me what to do.

just looking at the table made my eyes bleed blood, but as he was showing me what to do and why to do it, i realized it was the easiest $#@!ing game ever..

ian's $#@!ing hand. crap!

#winning Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12's Avatar
    I want to add my appreciation for HG's method. I played craps for the first time this weekend in LV. Played at Encore - they did not have $5 tables, but usually had a $15 table and an occasional $10.

The greatest thing about this system is minimal exposure. Additionally, the dealers know what you are doing, so they are happy to help you keep track. I made two variations to this system while I played:

1) I wanted to collect more often, so I usually did a full collect after each press. It was also easier for me to keep track of that than HG's sequence.
    2) Whenever the table seemed like it was grooving, I made sure to get in on the pass line and pass line odds. It was rare that a shooter would not make the point at least one time. That got me using house money for any subsequent points they made. I did not heighten my risk by playing the Come for additional points.

I usually bought in for between $300 and $500 when I played. I only once got down early. Not once did I walk away down. I won something like $2900 off of craps this weekend, and I had a blast.

One more note - don't forget to tip those dealers if things are going well - they are working for you. Place a six and 8 for the boys once in a while, and give a little back when you cash out.

Quote Originally Posted by Macallan12
    I want to add my appreciation for HG's method. I played craps for the first time this weekend in LV. Played at Encore - they did not have $5 tables, but usually had a $15 table and an occasional $10.

The greatest thing about this system is minimal exposure. Additionally, the dealers know what you are doing, so they are happy to help you keep track. I made two variations to this system while I played:

1) I wanted to collect more often, so I usually did a full collect after each press. It was also easier for me to keep track of that than HG's sequence.
    2) Whenever the table seemed like it was grooving, I made sure to get in on the pass line and pass line odds. It was rare that a shooter would not make the point at least one time. That got me using house money for any subsequent points they made. I did not heighten my risk by playing the Come for additional points.

I usually bought in for between $300 and $500 when I played. I only once got down early. Not once did I walk away down. I won something like $2900 off of craps this weekend, and I had a blast.

One more note - don't forget to tip those dealers if things are going well - they are working for you. Place a six and 8 for the boys once in a while, and give a little back when you cash out.
    So that's where all my money went. I played about six hours worth of craps this past week, and lost $600 doing it. $#@! this system (:)).

The system works. All you need is a decent shooter to come around from time to time. Be patient. And it doesn't hurt to practice your throw. Look up the Flying V.
    http://casinogambling.about.com/od/craps/a/diceset.htm
    If you can affect the roll just a bit you can get an edge on the house.
    Had I stuck to craps last time in Vegas, I would've made money. My problem was making money on the craps table then dropping it other games I didn't know that well.

Quote Originally Posted by capnamerca

So that's where all my money went. I played about six hours worth of craps this past week, and lost $600 doing it. $#@! this system (:)).
    there is no math( or system) stronger than the house. That is irrefutable in any game of chance, which craps most definitely is.

Do people make money in craps? yes

Are there systems, that under the correct circumstances, make money? of course.

There is no system stronger than the house's math, though.

Some expert sports bettors and a Blackjack player that can count and play PERFECT basic strategy can encounter times when they have an advantage over the house. Otherwise, it is just straight up gambling, or a tax on people that suck at math...

Quote Originally Posted by slorch

there is no math( or system) stronger than the house. That is irrefutable in any game of chance, which craps most definitely is.

Some expert sports bettors and a Blackjack player that can count and play PERFECT basic strategy can encounter times when they have an advantage over the house. Otherwise, it is just straight up gambling, or a tax on people that suck at math...

#winning Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12 Shaggy Gold Club Macallan12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slorch

Well no $#@!. Thanks for the incredible insight. The house has the edge on every bet. Huh, never would have known that. I feel enlightened. Wait a minute, I have an idea, maybe that's how they build all those multi-billion dollar hotel/casinos! Holy cow!

The point here, slorch, is that you can use this system to minimize your losses while you wait for a good run. You get to play for a long time and that helps you get comps too. When I go to the tables, I want to win, but I know I have a better chance of losing. I call it entertainment expense. If you can play long enough, you can also garner comps that offset your expense. Case in point - my play at Encore last weekend turned into my first two nights at their hotel being comp'd and the third one dropped to the casino rate of $119. Even if I had dropped a thousand bucks, it would have been a wash.

the godfather HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf is a rep whore. HenryGandorf's Avatar
    you're also boozing for free and having fun with your friends, presumably.

Well no $#@!. Thanks for the incredible insight. The house has the edge on every bet. Huh, never would have known that. I feel enlightened. Wait a minute, I have an idea, maybe that's how they build all those multi-billion dollar hotel/casinos! Holy cow!

The point here, slorch, is that you can use this system to minimize your losses while you wait for a good run. You get to play for a long time and that helps you get comps too. When I go to the tables, I want to win, but I know I have a better chance of losing. I call it entertainment expense. If you can play long enough, you can also garner comps that offset your expense. Case in point - my play at Encore last weekend turned into my first two nights at their hotel being comp'd and the third one dropped to the casino rate of $119. Even if I had dropped a thousand bucks, it would have been a wash.
    the casinos are nice and big and bright because people $#@!ing lose, system or not. Every different bet that you place on the table that does not have the words" free odds" attached to it, strengthens the casino's advantage. I don't care what $#@!ing system you're using.

If that's the money you set aside for entertainment, then great. I absolutely have no issue with it. If you get the comps and maintain your bankroll, then that's awesome too. the casinos aren't huge because they break even though, and nobody would be in business very long if they handed out free drinks, fancy meals, and luxurious rooms for "free." Fact is most players cannot maintain discipline or "luck" to be "even" after factoring in all of that "free" stuff. My comment was directed more at the thought of, "I used this system, and I still lost my ass."

There is NO SYSTEM that will beat the house in craps in the long run. I've seen people walk up to the table and have a bet schedule in their hands, I've seen guys "counting dice"- literally writing down each roll. The casinos aren't going to say $#@! about it either because they know the $#@!er's more than likely going to lose. Are there short term runs where you kick the casino's ass? of course. You could put a grand on "double six" as some $#@!ers call it, and walk away with $30k, but you're giving the house a whopping 16.6 % edge on that bet and the payoff.

Making simple pass/ don't pass bets with varying odds bets is the best system there is for craps. When you increase your odds bet, it is the only bet in the house that decreases the house advantage, in any game. That is with the exception of the previously mentioned perfectly played BJ while counting.

Bring your systems to the casinos, they love it.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGandorf
    Agreed, but I don't count the free drinks into the equation for two reasons:

1) I tip for the drinks, and I'm a decent tipper
    2) When you are losing, those are the most expensive free drinks you have ever had.

I have to admit though, it was pretty sweet that Friday night, playing craps in XS, surrounded by eye candy, drinking "free" double shots of Macallan 12.

slorch, you don't have to keep repeating yourself. We get your point, and it's not something we didn't already know. You are missing our poiint - we gamble for the entertainment - it's $#@!ing fun. If you gamble with the sole intention/goal of winning money, then you should not be gambling. If you can't write off the loss and you take no pleasure unless you win, then you should not be placing the bet.

I play in a poker game every week with friends. When we win, we are taking money FROM OUR FRIENDS. It doesn't matter, because we are all having a good time. If we could not afford it, we would not be there. We all look forward to the next game.

asshat bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns's Avatar
    am i reading this correctly, someone came onto the gambling board to tell gamblers that the system they might choose to use in las vegas while gambling is indeed gambling? okay, just checking. maybe he'll hit up the other boards with similar tact . . .

bunghole austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc slams and goes hard. austinyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryGandorf
    Agreed, but I don't count the free drinks into the equation for two reasons:

1) I tip for the drinks, and I'm a decent tipper.
    I count them as free drinks when I walk away even or up and still tipped though.

But I digress, I have a question for the famed system above. I've been playing around with it on Wizard of Odds, but I just realized I think I'm playing wrong. I've been collecting twice on each number before pressing. I take it two collects total is all I need before pressing? That would possibly explain why I'm not really winning anything?

This thread is awesome BTW.

+ Reply to Thread