+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burning smell coming from ac vents

asshat BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan's Avatar

Burning smell coming from ac vents

Started smelling a burnt smell coming from my ac vents today. Cold air is still coming out but now there is an odor. Any ideas?
    Already checked the filter and its ok. It was replaced 3 weeks ago and are changed on a monthly basis. It's not coming from the closet where the unit is, just from the vents.

asshat tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies grows his own roses tigolbiddies's Avatar
    Is this the first time you fired up the A/C in a while? Tends to happen to me after an absence and it goes away. If it is blowing cold I think you are ok. $#@!, I dunno.

asshat mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost's Avatar
    I'm having a similar problem with my AC but it more smells like moldy water. I cleaned out the return vents and sprayed some deodorizer down there and it went away. Check your return vents.

asshat BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan grows his own roses BigDHornFan's Avatar
    Checked the return vents and did a little google research. I think its the motor windings on the blower motor going out. Took the panel off the unit and could smell the odor. $100 part and hopefully I can replace it myself to save some labor $$$.

+ Reply to Thread