+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shore fishing in Galveston this weekend

Shore fishing in Galveston this weekend

Heading to Galveston this weekend with 20 of my friend's closest friends to enjoy a weekend on the beach. I'm bringing a couple rods to go shore fishing. I'm not expecting much but wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions that could help me catch more than catfish/croakers.

What kind of bait should I use? Any recommended techniques or general suggestions regarding shore fishing?

Size fishing rod and reel? Seawall or west end? 1st gut or running baits out past 3rd sand bar?

BTW- surf fishing not shore fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingCoastal
    Size fishing rod and reel? Seawall or west end? 1st gut or running baits out past 3rd sand bar?

BTW- surf fishing not shore fishing.
    Surf fishing. Right. My bad.

Medium sized rod and real. Nothing serious.

We will be here

I'm not sure what 1st gut means but I assume it pertains to distance off the shore I will be fishing. I'm about 6' 3'' and I will probably go cast when the water is up to my chest.

Jerkass next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club next2naus Shaggy Gold Club
    I'm from the, uh, Confidential Committee on Moral Abuses
    do you know the weight classification for your rods and reels?

6'6" Medium Heavy, 1pcs
    8-20lb Line Rating
    1/4-3/4 Lure Weight
    5 Guides + Tip

Jamaica Beach is the West end(anything past the seawall is WE). First gut is the gut between the first and second sand bar. I'm guessing you're not using a surf rod and reel and need to stick with the first gut. Throw a bone super spook or get some fresh cut mullet. Try some Gulp too.

Reel is spinning and has a "40" on it, if that means anything.

Thanks, Coastal. What can I expect to catch?

asshat Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Schulz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopspat
    Thanks, Coastal. What can I expect to catch?
    Probably a $#@! ton of hardheads.

asshat texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. texdude2006's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulz
    Probably a $#@! ton of hardheads.
    Yeah I hate those $#@!ers.

I use shrimp a lot of the time and do alright down there. Seen some people pull some baby hammerheads and bull sharks though, so be wary.

If you're in past your knees, you're part of the food chain. I'm just sayin ...

Tips.

Greenish water then fish. If it's the color of yoohoo then hang up the rod.
    Flat surf throw top waters. Or else use paddle tail or jerk baits in soft plastics. Gulps work but regardless work the lures fast.
    Or throw 1/2 Oz spoons. Again work fast with twitches.
    Fish the first cut.

Tips.

Flat surf throw top waters. Or else use paddle tail or jerk baits in soft plastics. Gulps work but regardless work the lures fast.
    Fish the first cut.

asshat smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? smax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crash_davis
    Tips.

Fish the first cut.

who is that in avatar and do you have larger pics :)

If the water is the color of yoohoo then switch to large black top waters as the fish can't see much and dark outlines show up better or paddle tails as the fish are just responding to vibrations.

Connor_Macleod
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lives!
    You'll probably catch one of these:

http://galvestondailynews.com/story....4305ba6865d724
    What a $#@!face.

asshat crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smax
    who is that in avatar and do you have larger pics :)
    http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/vie...=465534#465534

+ Reply to Thread