+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Pressure at kitchen faucet (Price Pfister)

asshat William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon's Avatar
    the first place we could see, servin' cold beer in the shade

Low Pressure at kitchen faucet (Price Pfister)

The pressure at my kitchen faucet is horrible, but the rest of the house is fine. The pressure coming out of the wall is good so it seems like there is a clog somewhere in the faucet. It's a chronic problem and cleaning the cartridge and diverter tee doesn't seem to help much if any. I have also checked the aerator and there's never anything in there.

Here is the model in case it makes a difference.
    http://www.pricepfister.com/kitchen/.../026-4NEE.aspx

any ideas? it's less than 2 years old.

Thanks in advance,
    WC

asshat simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn's Avatar
    since it's new, I'd guess it has a flow restrictor on it.

it's a usually white disc with a little hole in it. used to be at the aerator side, but i wonder if they moved it somewhere else to keep us from yanking it out.

I love that they do it this way b/c disabling it is so easy. Just yank out the disk and you're good to go.

asshat Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simihorn

it's a usually white disc with a little hole in it. used to be at the aerator side, but i wonder if they moved it somewhere else to keep us from yanking it out.

I love that they do it this way b/c disabling it is so easy. Just yank out the disk and you're good to go.
    Agree. Except that it may be a brass disk. Also could be clogged with a bit of mineral, etc. Unscrew the aerator and run the faucet. You should see a substantial difference.

asshat simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? simihorn's Avatar
    In doing a little quick research, it appears manufacturers have gotten better at hiding the flow restrictor or making it part of the actual assembly which makes it difficult to impossible to disable.

Pretty soon we'll all be buying black market faucets out of the trunks of cars.

asshat William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon's Avatar

Nope, unless it's in the diverter tee, I don't have any sort of governor on this faucet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Bang
    Agree. Except that it may be a brass disk. Also could be clogged with a bit of mineral, etc. Unscrew the aerator and run the faucet. You should see a substantial difference.
    negative as stated aerator is clean. Also pressure sucks still with aerator off - flow rate is identical.

looking at price pfister's website at the docs available

all docs

it doesn't seem you have a removable flow restrictor. I couldn't find anything that listed the expected flow in gpm.

Did it ever flow well?

bunghole libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? libertytxn is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    How long has it been since you drained your water heater? If you don't drain it every year or two tiny pieces of metal can flow down the line and clog faucets. The kitchen sink is usually the first one to be affected.

Did it ever flow well?
    when it was brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by libertytxn
    How long has it been since you drained your water heater? If you don't drain it every year or two tiny pieces of metal can flow down the line and clog faucets. The kitchen sink is usually the first one to be affected.
    I replaced it 2 years ago. The diptube of the last waterheater dissolved in the pipes. However, the line should be clear by now.

asshat G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4's Avatar
    I've had terrible experiences with Price Pfister. We have had to return 3 of their shower heads because they have broken. I would have tried another brand by now but I lost the receipt after the first purchase and they will only let me exchange it for the same model.

$#@!ing Home Depot. Michael Vick and now this.

+ Reply to Thread