+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long would one smoke a 3lb pork roast?

asshat Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger's Avatar

How long would one smoke a 3lb pork roast?

@ 200? Experienced smoker, it's just been so long since I've smoked a pork roast... memory fuzzy and I can't find my old smoking meats forum. How long? I think I remember it being around 4 hours?

Itismecaptainsaveaho ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind Shaggy Gold Club ChampKind's Avatar
    Where there's smoke there's fire. So look for the smoke
    13 views and no liquid smoke, brine it, or metal turkey comments?

Is the roast bone in? If no, should take 3-4 hours.

asshat Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger Shaggy Gold Club Dewey Oxburger's Avatar
    Boneless, I just went by my buddy's house and picked it up... I think 3 hours is where it's at. It's hard to gage when you can't see it and all you know is that it's 3lbs. Probably a little salt, some pepper and rub it down with some fresh rosemary/ minced garlic/olive oil.

asshat RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard. RayDog slams and goes hard.
    I like to put Chorizo in my smoked pork loin, Cuban style. Freeze the chorizo as that makes it easier to insert.

Since Pork can dry out I like to smoke it for 2 hours uncovered then wrap in in foil to finish. Total cooking time about an hour a pound at 225. If you catch some of the juice in the foil or a pan you can use it to dip the meat into. This is ten times better than an ordinary smoked pork loin.

+ Reply to Thread