+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filing a formal complaint with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage

Filing a formal complaint with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage

After our horrendous refinance experience, I'd like to bring the unacceptable behavior of our mortgage consultant to the attention of someone that will give a $#@!/can do something about it. Has anyone filed this type of complaint with a large bank before? If so, what's the best medium or strategy for getting a response? Am I wasting my time and energy doing this?

I'm betting on "waste of time and energy" but...

http://www.sml.state.tx.us/ConsumerI...omplaints.html

good luck

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    I'm willing to bet with Wells Fargo it's going to be a waste of time and energy, and in the grand scheme of things, not really affect them at all. The problem with a lot of the big banks is that they are vastly overwhelmed and thus don't really give a crap about one particular client. What I don't think that they are realizing is that those "one particular clients" are becoming a LOT of people. I've heard of many friends, and now clients of ours who have had horror stories, most particularly about Wells Fargo and moreso Bank of America. In conclusion, stick with smaller Mortgage Companies--easier to get ahold of, will get you what you want instead of what they want, and they actually give a crap about you. Just my .02 from inside the industry.

Thanks for the responses. I would like to think that something could be done about the mortgage consultant blatantly lying and misleading the borrower but I am not sure what. Her lies cost us over $1500 in interest during our refinance so we did experience a loss, not just a bunch of annoyance. Is it permissable to tell the borrower not to make a loan payment during a refinance when not making that payment would cause delinquency?

asshat baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso's Avatar
    The parent bank, Wells Fargo, is a nationally chartered bank regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Here's a link to the OCC's consumer complaint website:

http://www.occ.treas.gov/customer.htm

If you make the complaint with the OCC, they will force the bank to follow up on the complaint. If you complain to the bank, you will likely be ignored. Work this phrase into your complaint to the OCC "unfair and deceptive practice." Good luck.

asshat UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD grows his own roses UTinBigD's Avatar
    posting your story on the consumerist(.com) is also a way to give them some more bad press and even occasionally some restitution.

Immediately after I checked this thread I received an email from Wells Fargo with a customer satisfaction survey. I enjoyed myself with that.

asshat UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006 Shaggy Gold Club UTPhil2006's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTinBigD
    posting your story on the consumerist(.com) is also a way to give them some more bad press and even occasionally some restitution.
    This. Bad press is going to hurt them more than what will likely in the long term equate to a slap on the hand somewhere along the line of management.

asshat Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses Bookman grows his own roses
    On Montague Street in a basement down the stairs.
    $#@! it. Sue 'em in small claims court.

But if you do that don't ever be late on a payment.

asshat Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky's Avatar
    Filing a complaint about a mortgage company now is a waste, everybody facing foreclosure is doing the same thing and there are quite a few of those people. I work for one of the big banks/mortgage providers and the only way those get our attention is when they call the media or their congressmen, and your case doesn't seem to warrant that unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by whosehouse
    Her lies cost us over $1500 in interest during our refinance so we did experience a loss, not just a bunch of annoyance.
    did she say something that differed from the mortgage contracts you signed?

asshat William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon slams and goes hard. William Cannon's Avatar
    the first place we could see, servin' cold beer in the shade
    Quote Originally Posted by whosehouse
    Her lies cost us over $1500 in interest during our refinance so we did experience a loss, not just a bunch of annoyance.
    elaborate for further assistance

asshat MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by William Cannon
    elaborate for further assistance
    http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/vie...030994#1030994

+ Reply to Thread