+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 103 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Car Fanatic Thread

asshat Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange's Avatar

The Car Fanatic Thread

Since there exists no forum or thread, I'll start...

My current toy:

1.1 bar flash, cross flow exhaust. Super fun and fast enough.

Do want...

asshat bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club bluto Shaggy Gold Club
    /Brag

Ya know, theres this shaggy chat room that has carchat around 10pm each night. And nice job, you just got RB riled up to full attention. Preemptive ford sucks for him.

bunghole Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung's Avatar
    Sucker for these.

asshat ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses ChiTownDoc grows his own roses
    Pos Rep for starting this!

bunghole Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Vin Chung's Avatar

asshat ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow's Avatar
    I set my sights a little more realistic. I want one of these:

Cares not for beans Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles's Avatar
    Example of my current ride

Naturally I want a V2....not so much for the performance but the interior upgrades

driving this right now, but I'd prefer something more expensive:

asshat BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck grows his own roses BuckeyesSuck's Avatar
    ^ Shaggy middle class

asshat handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser is a rep whore. handcruser's Avatar
    For me, Koenigsegg is where it's at:

Work:

Weekend:

Twisties (I know, tech not "cars"):

Note: All images are illustrative, not actual pics.

My wife's new ride:

It's a little emasculating to be seen driving it, but I don't care. It's fun to drive.

My wife's new ride:
    Are you Sheen?

Fiat
    F.I.A.T.

Fix It Again Tony or
    Fix It Again Tomorrow

Cute looking cars but will they hold up...... if you are even able to get parts?
    I'll take the babe instead! That is the best part of the marketing.

Your acronym is a few decades out of date. It's not really a Fiat. It's a Chrysler w/ a Fiat label. I kind of doubt parts will be much of an issue with it. They aren't Italian parts. If we were talking about a 50's model Fiat, I'd agree. Unless we park it in the garage and keep it as some sort of collector's item (highly unlikely), I seriously doubt we have it past the warranty. Not sure they'll really ever be anything close to collectors cars, but the Gucci's were limited run so I guess we'll see.

asshat balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris's Avatar
    Finally, a proper car thread. My weekend ride: 2012 Boxster Spyder, 1 of about 140 in north america for this model year. 2011 had about 800.

VIR Track Day

Daily:
    2012 Golf TDI

Daily driver.

asshat VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghow View Post

Love these. Definitely on my reasonable want list for the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lives! View Post
    My wife's new ride:

It's a little emasculating to be seen driving it, but I don't care. It's fun to drive.
    Not a big fan of the drop top or Gucci edition, but I'd definitely drive an Abarth.

asshat balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris slams and goes hard. balakris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooChi|d View Post
    Love these. Definitely on my reasonable want list for the near future.
    I have a buddy that has one of these (no homo) and it sounds mean.

bunghole JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo's Avatar
    They are supposed to come out with a turbo version of the BRZ that makes 280 hp. I would love to drive one.

My current ride:

I am going to mod it eventually. It's all stock right now, and a hoot.

asshat Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange is a rep whore. Bert Orange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
    They are supposed to come out with a turbo version of the BRZ that makes 280 hp. I would love to drive one.

My current ride:

Not a fan of the '08+ styling, but hard to argue with the raw performance and value/performance ratio (although the WRX was tested by MT and others as being faster than the STI - so maybe the WRX has the better ratio, and still can't believe the SPT tuned version delivers nearly the same performance as the regular offering). I know a stage 1 only adds around 20 AWHP, but it does smooth out the band and gives better responsiveness at less than WOT. I've also seen that range anywhere from 15-50 AWHP depending on the tune (but I think the latter is a bit unrealistic - probably includes other mods like a high-flow exhaust, lighter flywheel, high-flow intake, etc).

Me and my wife drive Lexus but currently driving a 07 John Cooper Works with the stage 3 euro tune. i'm 6' 1" 230 lbs and have legroom to spare. Its a blast to drive, 0 to 60 is $#@!ty but 60 to 100 plus is instantaneous

bunghole JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo slams and goes hard. JohnnyChimpo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Orange View Post
    Not a fan of the '08+ styling, but hard to argue with the raw performance and value/performance ratio (although the WRX was tested by MT and others as being faster than the STI - so maybe the WRX has the better ratio, and still can't believe the SPT tuned version delivers nearly the same performance as the regular offering). I know a stage 1 only adds around 20 AWHP, but it does smooth out the band and gives better responsiveness at less than WOT. I've also seen that range anywhere from 15-50 AWHP depending on the tune (but I think the latter is a bit unrealistic - probably includes other mods like a high-flow exhaust, lighter flywheel, high-flow intake, etc).
    I wasn't a big fan of the 08+ hatchback until I started test driving some cars. The interior of the 04-07 is garish and way too ricer, in my opinion.

The blue suede on the seats and floor and door panels was too much for me.

A new tune is definitely on my wish list but right now I am still under warranty and I don't want to burn it just yet. I am planning on going full turboback exhaust, new TMIC, and blouch ball bearing turbo in april of 2013 when the warranty runs out. Also, I just got a job offer in California and if I move out there I am going to have to do their damn sniffer emissions tests, so that is something to think about.

I also saw that the WRX's have faster 0-60 time stock as tested by MT when I was doing my initial research. I considered a WRX but I wanted the 6 speed and the 5 speed in the WRX is known to grenade when modified heavily, while the 6 speed in the STi was designed from the ground up for rallying and is pretty bulletproof.

asshat Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses Jersey Man10 grows his own roses
    My sweet baby...

What I'd like to have:

Last edited by Jersey Man10; 07-31-2012 at 02:13 PM.

asshat JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB slams and goes hard. JSB's Avatar
    Daily driver for me:

Daily driver for wife:

Once we finish the new house with a bigger garage, I will acquire one of these:

And one of these:

My current ride:

Are you getting gas at the Riverside Chevron on Congress right now?

bunghole Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed's Avatar
    Now that this has come down a little, Ill play. My current toy.

Shaggy lowclass
    Ill get a turbo motor for it one of these days.

I wasn't a big fan of the 08+ hatchback until I started test driving some cars. The interior of the 04-07 is garish and way too ricer, in my opinion.

The blue suede on the seats and floor and door panels was too much for me.

A new tune is definitely on my wish list but right now I am still under warranty and I don't want to burn it just yet. I am planning on going full turboback exhaust, new TMIC, and blouch ball bearing turbo in april of 2013 when the warranty runs out. Also, I just got a job offer in California and if I move out there I am going to have to do their damn sniffer emissions tests, so that is something to think about.

I also saw that the WRX's have faster 0-60 time stock as tested by MT when I was doing my initial research. I considered a WRX but I wanted the 6 speed and the 5 speed in the WRX is known to grenade when modified heavily, while the 6 speed in the STi was designed from the ground up for rallying and is pretty bulletproof.
    Sounds like you have a plan. I've modded the hell out of my 996 turbo and can't stop....the sickness... Will say though, that I have three programs (including stock) that I can swap out effortlessly (I'm out of warranty now - but was handy when under warranty). You can't trace them. I also have my flash set to trick the O2 sensor so I pass emissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed View Post
    Now that this has come down a little, Ill play. My current toy.

Shaggy lowclass
    Ill get a turbo motor for it one of these days.
    Maybe a '78 ?

Seriously, don't leave this ride outside at night if you don't have to. These old Datsuns are highly coveted and I have know several individuals who have had theirs stolen......Yours looks to be in extremely good shape. The above is a sad commentary, but it is the truth.

The Bratmobile - my longest ride (13 years) and my last:

My someday car:

America's finest mid-engine car produced, well aside from the Fiero.

bunghole Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed slams and goes hard. Doomed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaDelta6 View Post
    Maybe a '78 ?

Seriously, don't leave this ride outside at night if you don't have to. These old Datsuns are highly coveted and I have know several individuals who have had theirs stolen......Yours looks to be in extremely good shape. The above is a sad commentary, but it is the truth.
    75, originally it was blue one of the previous owners painted it. I could see how the black paint throws the year off though. I have heard about a lot of them being stolen, and it lives in the garage.

Bob Lives, I am in DFW so it wasn't me you saw getting gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Orange View Post
    Sounds like you have a plan. I've modded the hell out of my 996 turbo and can't stop....the sickness... Will say though, that I have three programs (including stock) that I can swap out effortlessly (I'm out of warranty now - but was handy when under warranty). You can't trace them. I also have my flash set to trick the O2 sensor so I pass emissions.
    Yea, I have alot of thinking and research to do. I have seen the O2 sensor reset trick before, it's definitely handy to pass inspection. I would love to get behind the wheel of a turbo Porsche someday.

asshat BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan is a rep whore. BSU-UTfan's Avatar

The death of automotive icon Carroll Shelby has created increased demand for anything with the Texan’s name on it, especially cars. While a Shelby American car signed by Carroll Shelby is valuable, a car actually owned by him is quite a bit more valuable.

Up for grabs at the upcoming Vicari Biloxi Auction is a 2009 Shelby GT500KR, originally titled to Carroll Shelby himself and delivered to his ranch for personal use. It’s not clear how long Shelby owned the car, or how many miles he racked up, since it was sold to its current owner shortly thereafter.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...#ixzz22UWBBKT4

The super snakes are pretty sick looking IMO.

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    This is what I'm working toward for my mid-life crisis:
    1997 Acura NSX-T in blue. I've always wanted one. Coming soon.

my (actual) current "grown up" car (i don't drive daily, but if i did):
    2007 Infiniti M35

My truck / daily driver (soccer dad, style):
    2004 Chevy Avalanche z66... of course, mine has 20s on it... (100)
    Last edited by Snacks; 08-03-2012 at 09:44 AM.

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    I forgot my current weekend ride:
    2008 Yamaha Raider XV1900

Great thread. I currently have no additional toys in the garage but I am working towards getting one of these in the future, of course one of these is a massive stretch. Want to take care of things like kids college etc first. Audi R8 GT. Although I would be more than happy for the base model R8 instead of the GT of course. But man that car is $#@!ing tight.

Last edited by Dillo Pad; 08-03-2012 at 10:59 AM.

asshat ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow is a rep whore. ghow's Avatar
    I would think a man pulling in 20G's a day could get any car he wants.

Saw the first one of those in the wild this morning. Nice looking cars. Seems like a lot of car for the money.

I would think a man pulling in 20G's a day could get any car he wants.
    That's not an everyday occurrence, and it's 30G's. If you are going to be a smartass get it right.

$#@! yeah Don Lapre. Or was it Carlton sheets?

Quote Originally Posted by Dillo Pad View Post
    That's not an everyday occurrence, and it's 30G's. If you are going to be a smartass get it right.

asshat RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillo Pad View Post
    Great thread. I currently have no additional toys in the garage but I am working towards getting one of these in the future, of course one of these is a massive stretch. Want to take care of things like kids college etc first. Audi R8 GT. Although I would be more than happy for the base model R8 instead of the GT of course. But man that car is $#@!ing tight.

I like the Volkswagen group and their autos, but these are just a cheap Gallardo.

asshat RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas's Avatar
    I suppose I'll submit my picks for the most beautiful cars of all time.

Not in any particular order here:

$#@! the haters, RWB Porsches are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by RottenBananas View Post
    I like the Volkswagen group and their autos, but these are just a cheap Gallardo.
    I don't know how accurate your comment is, but regardless, isn't a gallardo pretty bad ass? how is that an indictment of the R8?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lives! View Post
    I don't know how accurate your comment is, but regardless, isn't a gallardo pretty bad ass? how is that an indictment of the R8?
    Yeah they are both great cars, for whatever reason I have just never been a huge fan of the R8.

My current daily, named JINO (Jeep In Name Only):

I love this car, but after this one I have to get back into a manual RWD car.

asshat SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? SniveliusMaximus's Avatar
    I am just posting here so this thread is easier to find in the future. When I get home maybe I'll add some pics.

+ Reply to Thread