+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bike Rider's Thread

NAACP National Champ Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks's Avatar

The Bike Rider's Thread

because everybody rides a bike... even Thujone.

BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain, Roadie, Track(Tarck), Single, Fixie, Townie, Hybrid, Dutch, whatever...

Post'em if you got'em...

My road rig:
    2012 Kestrel Talon Road 105

Me and some of the fellas being racists...

(small pic, no wenis viewing, bikefags)

My oldest son's rigs... the mongoose is now gone... stolen. the orange bike is a big box Aero... not an old school Aero.

So, who is hosting teh shaggy MS150 tailgate this year?

NAACP National Champ Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks Probably Shaggy Upper Class Snacks's Avatar
    I also have one of these:
    Diamondback Outlook from the late 90s. I was doing a lot of road riding on it, so I put on some thinner tires. I'll go back to something for the dirt now that I have multiple road type bikes. I know MTB snob thinks I should just give it away and get a real MTB. I might.

asshat Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face has a gigantic e-peen. Basil Your Face's Avatar
    Oh, and Snacks is the guy in the turquoise time trial rig for anyone who has never seen him.
    Last edited by Basil Your Face; 01-09-2014 at 01:26 PM.

nice bike. where's you steal it?

i keed i keed.

Lastly, I have one of these:
    Schwinn Tourist Hybrid... it's a Target bike. It was my 'road' bike before I got a road bike. I've considered making it a SS, but the dropouts probably won't cooperate.

asshat red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red Shaggy Gold Club red's Avatar
    You'll be lucky to make it around the block without getting pulled over in that group

Quote Originally Posted by crash_davis View Post
    nice bike. where's you steal it?

i keed i keed.
    random white guys...

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    You'll be lucky to make it around the block without getting pulled over in that group
    3 of the 4 of us did on another ride...

ftp.

Bernard.

asshat phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class phdhorn's Avatar
    So after that shot you all got back in the car and went and had pizza and beer, right?

asshat MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan's Avatar

I have newer wheels on it, but the "newer" ones are still about six years old. Funny how I stopped upgrading it once my kid was born.

Quote Originally Posted by phdhorn View Post
    So after that shot you all got back in the car and went and had pizza and beer, right?
    yeah, because that was the end of 43 miles...

Quote Originally Posted by MilkmanDan View Post

I have newer wheels on it, but the "newer" ones are still about six years old. Funny how I stopped upgrading it once my kid was born.
    Titanium Litespeeds always looks so clean to me. (I assume that's a Ti bike with a carbon fork)

asshat Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey's Avatar
    Flip that stem!

Also props on riding a real road bike.... looks like you're at Terry Hershey?

I'll post pics of my '08 Tarmac when I get a chance.

Roadie at heart here...Did some racing last fall but haven't been on the bike since September.

asshat MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MilkmanDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacks View Post
    Titanium Litespeeds always looks so clean to me. (I assume that's a Ti bike with a carbon fork)
    Yes, it is. I love that the frame will outlast me.

I replaced the "factory" fork with an Ouzo Pro and found out that the rake on the Litespeed branded one was wrong. The guy I bought it from had swapped everything from a frame one size smaller and didn't pay attention to that detail. Handling got a lot better after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Flip that stem!

Also props on riding a real road bike.... looks like you're at Terry Hershey?

I'll post pics of my '08 Tarmac when I get a chance.

Roadie at heart here...Did some racing last fall but haven't been on the bike since September.
    It's been flipped since that pic.

Yeah that was a Hershey ride. I usually ride White Oak to Memorial. Sometimes Katy. Sometimes Hershey.

And i don't race. I'm old fat and slow. I haven't ridden since October. I'm going to try to get a quick 12 in tomorrow and 25 or 30 on Saturday. Gotta get my seat time before April.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    My first thought too.

Then I thought the spandex and helmets should save them from getting a CWB.

You think you're a good roadbike handler? Watch this:

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/HhabgvIIXik?rel=0

asshat Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand Shaggy Gold Club Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hornius Emeritus View Post
    You think you're a good roadbike handler? Watch this:

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/HhabgvIIXik?rel=0
    I saw it on fb a couple weeks ago. Radiculous.

asshat Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Fightin' Buck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand View Post
    I like it.

Also - I ride the Saturday morning group ride with Lifetime fitness in Katy or the Bicycle world group ride.

I'm training for the MS150 again. Any shagsters doing any of the training rides or t-shirt rides, let's meet up.

asshat That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy's Avatar
    Carry on, oh soldiers of the ill-gotten snatch.

I like bikes.

thanks obama jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt's Avatar

Rep-A Ponzi Scheme MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5 GORN MP5's Avatar
    Looks like I walked into the fegh thread

Quote Originally Posted by goofyboy View Post

Also - I ride the Saturday morning group ride with Lifetime fitness in Katy or the Bicycle world group ride.

I'm training for the MS150 again. Any shagsters doing any of the training rides or t-shirt rides, let's meet up.
    Nice. Is that an F5?

I'll be riding in Katy this weekend. Slowly. I'm getting ready for the 150, also. I'll do a group ride or recommended ride or three as we get closer. I'll shoot you a pm with my info and maybe we can ride some.

It's a 2012 AR5. I've only changed the saddle and added Look Keo classics.

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post

Flip and slam, old man.. ;)

I was looking at the Altimira when I bought my Kestrel. Advanced Sports / Fuji was at my LBS. I rode the Altimira and the new Kestrel - same Oval components. They didn't have the 2013 Kestrel in 56 (to sell) after i tested and bought one. So,I ended up dealing for the previous model with full 105. The older model costs more otherwise.

My neighbor has the 12 or 13 Aloha as his starter.

asshat Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze Probably Shaggy Upper Class Patrick Swayze's Avatar
    Nice rides y'all. Here are mine:

Soul Cycles Hooligan, aluminum frame, I call it the root beer float...

Wabi Classic (single speed, not fixed gear), steel frame...

Leanin' ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53's Avatar
    Giant Roam
    Got it for Xmas. Have barely used it yet.

This is one of my bikes. I F-ing love bikes.

asshat texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket Shaggy Gold Club texasjacket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

I like bikes.
    You just don't like organization

asshat Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Jeffrey's Avatar
    `08 Tarmac Pro

`04 Gary Fisher HKEK

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Nice rides y'all. Here are mine:

Soul Cycles Hooligan, aluminum frame, I call it the root beer float...

Wabi Classic (single speed, not fixed gear), steel frame...

That Wabi is clean. I put together a bike with that look when i was at UT and living on S Riverside (so you know how this ends). It was made of parts from two abandoned and unridable bike rack bikes that sat in front of the PCL for two years. I kicked the lock off one, and the other wasnt even on a lock. It just sat there. I took'em home, parted them out. Scrubbed rust, painted the black frame black, greased headset and bb, oiled cables (suprisingly the cables lived). I bought a new chain, and Viola (i know, nazis) i had a lockup beater that was fresh... except I kept it on my patio on the first floor, so... i had it for three months before it got ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by ldogg53 View Post
    Giant Roam
    Got it for Xmas. Have barely used it yet.

You know how to find me. Hit TC Jester and White Oak. You might even run in to Mack Tripper.

Leanin' ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53 GORN ldogg53's Avatar
    You know how to find me. Hit TC Jester and White Oak. You might even run in to Mack Tripper.
    Oh wait, you think I'm allowed out of the house now or something?

My bad. I have a bike trailer you can use for you ride around the block with the little in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by texasjacket View Post
    You just don't like organization
    Looks organized to me. Big wheel, helmets, stack of bikes, 2x4 shelve (homemade). I resemble this garage.
    Last edited by Snacks; 01-10-2014 at 08:38 AM.

`08 Tarmac Pro

`04 Gary Fisher HKEK

Mavic Ksyriums on the Tarmac? Do want. After MS150 i will consider am upgrade from the Oval527s I'm on.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkdave View Post
    This is one of my bikes. I F-ing love bikes.
    The original 70s lowrider, minus the fork bend. I tried to turn a Huffy Pro Thunder into something similar... but i lived in Spring Branch. Stolen.

I'm starting to see a pattern with me and bikes.

asshat loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? loco's Avatar
    These are the my current rides (although these are not my photos)

Mavic Ksyriums on the Tarmac? Do want. After MS150 i will consider am upgrade from the Oval527s I'm on.
    Yep, Ksyrium Elites came on it. Very happy with them. Bombproof. And light enough not to care when racing.

Yep, Ksyrium Elites came on it. Very happy with them. Bombproof. And light enough not to care when racing.
    I just don't look forward to 500+ for wheels.... 99%

asshat That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy Shaggy Gold Club That Guy's Avatar
    Carry on, oh soldiers of the ill-gotten snatch.
    Looks organized to me. Big wheel, helmets, stack of bikes, 2x4 shelve (homemade). I resemble this garage.
    I keep thinking that ill fun a way to hang them all on the wall. I'm open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I keep thinking that ill fun a way to hang them all on the wall. I'm open to suggestions.
    Mine are hanging from the ceiling on bike hooks. You could do the sane on the wall

asshat chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? chuychanga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chuychanga View Post

I need a training station! (all I'm missing is a trainer and 'want to')

2002 Merckx Team SC. Upgraded fork. Cranks. Easton magnesium stem. Deda Newton bars. Campy headset. Mavic open pro rims on world class hubs. Dura ace drive train.

asshat ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax Shaggy Gold Club ajax's Avatar
    I know y'all are paying 4 figures for your bikes, which is ridiculous. The price of bikes is out of control.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast