+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fire at Thanksgiving Tower (Downtown Dallas)

dead from aggy misery od Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL's Avatar
    They Tried to Make Me Go to Aggy Misery Rehab . . .

Fire at Thanksgiving Tower (Downtown Dallas)

No detail yet, but it's across the street from my office and it's at least three alarms. They are pulling out the hoses and hooking them up to the hydrants now.

The tower is being evacuated, which means that the line at Starbucks in my office is going to be ridiculous.

First.

Four alarms now. I don't see any smoke.
    Last edited by DDD Dad; 12-11-2014 at 11:35 AM.

dead from aggy misery od Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL GORN Ghost of LL's Avatar
    Photos:

asshat Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Soul Glo's Avatar
    It ain't cool being no shaggybevo username this close to Thanksgiving.

asshat MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer's Avatar
    ^^ Yeah.

Big discussion

All the toys are coming out for this one.

asshat ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho's Avatar
    Why did the build a whole tower just for Thanksgiving?

2 big hook & ladder trucks, 6 smaller ones, 14 pumper trucks, one urban search and rescue, nearly a dozen ambulances in sight. Backed up two blocks from the site getting into position.

asshat Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme has a gigantic e-peen. Beef Supreme's Avatar
    Aren't you guys supposed to be working the crowd for representation agreements?

Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of LL View Post
    Where are you?

Right there.

asshat HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames GORN HenryJames's Avatar
    Never forget.

I'm a cowboys fan so this hits close to home.

asshat js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN js GORN
    The tower is being evacuated, which means that the line at Starbucks in my office is going to be ridiculous.
    T&P man...

asshat TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR's Avatar
    Big discussion

If Rescue Me taught me anything, it's that they probably aren't talking about the building fire. Probably some kind of betting pool or contest going on there.

asshat BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? BearSchlong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOR View Post
    If Rescue Me taught me anything, it's that they probably aren't talking about the building fire. Probably some kind of betting pool or contest going on there.
    I'm sure there's all sorts of bitchassedness going on.

asshat miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito's Avatar
    Put up a big sign in your window that says "DON'T JUMP" and see what kind of reaction you get from the people below.

asshat T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall's Avatar
    Crazy. Had my weekly meeting at the Tower Club there this morning. I was out by 9:15.

So it didn't go as you planed?

Now they're bringing in what looks for all the world like an airboat. It's a trailer on the back of a pickup that holds a giant fan--probably six or seven feet in diameter.

asshat bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812 grows his own roses bigbend1812's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearSchlong View Post

That rhino can't carry a hose. Lol

asshat 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore.
    electrical fire
    had to wait for the power to the building to be cut before sending firefighters in
    hope they have a good sprinkler system

asshat TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR's Avatar
    I'm going with Zombie Plague breakout, it's the only thing that makes sense.

asshat mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost has a gigantic e-peen. mdmost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4th_and_18 View Post
    electrical fire
    had to wait for the power to the building to be cut before sending firefighters in
    hope they have a good sprinkler system
    Playing right into Han Gruber's hands.

2,800 evacuated according to Fox. Some said smoke rose from parking b-2 up to 40 floor.

asshat MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer grows his own roses MrsLonghornLawyer's Avatar
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the F. B. I.

asshat red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red is a rep whore. red's Avatar
    Wait, you have a Starbucks in your office?

And they are going all the way up your building to access said Starbucks?

R.T.B SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII Probably Shaggy Upper Class SPII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BearSchlong View Post

fivehead

Looks like the fire's out. Nothing to see here, folks--move along.

Praise Fitlump!

asshat fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen Shaggy Gold Club fawnknutsen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLonghornLawyer View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the F. B. I.
    Goddammit, Mrs. LL. You beat me.

asshat Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76's Avatar
    Where are you?

Awesome.

asshat ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho GORN ihateowho's Avatar
    So did the Frisco police show up and shoot everyone or what?

asshat T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall grows his own roses T'Boo Ted Marshall's Avatar
    3 missing workers.
    B2 is where i normally park too.
    Is it too early to que Bon Jovi?

asshat TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT grows his own roses TheGOAT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateowho View Post
    So did the Frisco police show up and shoot everyone or what?

only the bleks, of course.

cornin' the duckhole markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? markstanco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip76 View Post
    Awesome.
    Most didnt know what he was talking about I dont think.

Damn - confirmed fatalities.

So the Frisco police were there.

asshat Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76 is a rep whore. Rip76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markstanco View Post
    Most didnt know what he was talking about I dont think.
    It was too awesome.

thanks obama jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt's Avatar
    from a friend who works in the building:
    My office, Thanksgiving tower, just got evacuated bc of fire. Never seen so many Fire trucks in Downtown Dallas.
    No fire alarm went off! Nice to know we are in good hands.
    kind of odd no fire alarm went off

asshat spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes's Avatar
    Texas Turncoat in Manhattan; Humblebragging Travel Douche; Dirty Liberal
    Gardere wants to watch the world burn

Three workers found dead in the garage.

asshat 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore. 4th_and_18 is a rep whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    from a friend who works in the building:

kind of odd no fire alarm went off
    fire prob happened in the area under construction. sprinklers/alarm system prob not active at time. Then smoke spread through building and the sprinklers/alarms are only heat activated. We had the same issue here on campus (UT Austin) about a year ago. Luckily it was after hours. Only a few old faculty were in the building at the time.

asshat Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN Blank GORN
    Is that Pilgrim's Pride HQ?

asshat RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RDCanecutter's Avatar
    Ghost, kinda funny how you always happen to be nearby, watching, when these office fires break out every 11th December 2014.

asshat RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? RPM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T'Boo Ted Marshall View Post
    3 missing workers.
    B2 is where i normally park too.
    Is it too early to que Bon Jovi?
    3 workers are dead. Working inside a tank in the basement and couldn't be reached.

Dam. Had to have passed them on my way out.

Quote Originally Posted by T'Boo Ted Marshall View Post
    Dam. Had to have passed them on my way out.
    The Arson Investigations Unit would like to have a word with you.

Me and the 50 other people at my meeting. Some of them had to get out through the stairs. Mind you, we were on the 48th floor.
    Some of those that attempted to leave after me couldn't get their cars out until late yesterday afternoon.
    Has it been mentioned what caused he fire?

No--DFR initially thought it was electrical, but it seems they are going back and rethinking that.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast