+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dead Squirrels in Yard

I like turtles... GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8's Avatar

Dead Squirrels in Yard

Over the past two weeks I've found two dead squirrels in the front yard and one in the back yard. I've been here 4 years and never seen any carcasses before. I guess I'm mostly concerned about my dog eating one if they're infected with something or have been poisoned. Any ideas on what might be causing this, or course of action?

I'll give animal control a call tomorrow and see what they say I guess.

asshat Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Luke Duke's Avatar
    Do you live next door to rage?

asshat BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White GORN BurntOrange&White's Avatar
    Sounds like you have some $#@!ed up neighbors.

asshat Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang's Avatar
    squirrel aids?

Quote Originally Posted by Gil Bang View Post
    squirrel aids?
    THIS.

Squirrels don't transmit it, so your dog is cool. The problem is that squirrels can only get it from nearby humans. Sorry.

I like turtles... GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GeorgeXPD8's Avatar
    $#@!in' aids!

I doubt it's the neighbors...one side is vacant, the others would probably tell me if they were hunting, and the old lady behind me is barely able to get around.

The neighbors do drink beer out side at 8am, so i wouldn't put it past em i guess...but when i asked him about it today, he seemed surprised...ive never seen em outside w/ anything lethal and i doubt he'd lie about it. we're on cool terms.

asshat Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang Shaggy Gold Club Gil Bang's Avatar

more like

asshat CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname's Avatar
    one was dead in the pool the day I closed on my house. I plucked it out with a shovel and gave it a shallow grave. The next day it was gone. I never told my wife our house is built upon an old pet cemetery, but the facts speak for themselves.

asshat baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso grows his own roses baboso's Avatar
    Likely some of your neighbors put some rat poison outside. Keep your dogs away from the dead squirrels or they could ingest some of the poison along with the tasty squirrel carrion.

Squirrel zombies are next. Burn them now.

Last edited by EuroHorn; 05-03-2010 at 09:44 PM.

asshat miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito Shaggy Gold Club miguelito's Avatar
    First you'll have to pump the stomachs to see if they ate something bad within 18 hours of their demise. WEAR GLOVES. Gently massage the belly area and work your way up the esophagus until the stomach contents work themselves out. Sort through the findings and look for any poisonous berries or leaves, or illegal drugs or razor blades.

If that doesn't identify a cause of death, clip off part of a toenail/claw and hold it up to the light. If it's mostly clear, the animal was otherwise healthy. If there's a yellow tint to it, the squirrel probably had vitamin deficiency, or he was a smoker, possibly both.

Otherwise, check for any broken bones or large gashes.

If nothing yet, maybe it was just getting old. Sometimes squirrels just die.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeXPD8 View Post
    more like
    I'd be more worried about your patchy grass.

asshat Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky slams and goes hard. Sparky's Avatar
    Do you have a sign in your yard that says "Dead Squirrel Storage"?

asshat Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    Sounds like lead poisoning to me.

asshat Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks Shaggy Gold Club Texas_Rocks's Avatar
    Yeah, it sounds like one of your neighbors is about to experience a terrible tragedy in the family.

asshat hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? hayden_horn's Avatar
    i'd bet someone put out some rat poison with birdseed to kill the rodents. definitely keep the dogs away.

asshat beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer Shaggy Gold Club beer's Avatar
    Greater than 300 yards from an elementary school
    I blame Obama

asshat pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard. pacman slams and goes hard.
    My neighbors cat $#@!ed one up pretty good on my back porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Sounds like lead poisoning to me.

Does Governor Goodhair jog through your 'hood?

+ Reply to Thread