+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin, TX F1 USGP?!?!

asshat Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankf00 View Post
    Ferrari Challenge, Porsche SuperCup, Formula Atlantic, Star Mazda, Formula Ford, historics. There are a variety of races on any given race weekend.
    All those races are on the same track and weekend as the F1 race??? I was under the impression from watching the Qualifying and Race on Speed or Fox, that no other cars ran on the track except for maybe GP2. That is why when they run their warmup lap, they try to lay down rubber for the line.

asshat Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00's Avatar
    same track, same weekend

Schedule of events for the 2010 Grand Prix du Canada

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_det...timetable.html

asshat Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Leander Horn's Avatar
    same track, same weekend

Schedule of events for the 2010 Grand Prix du Canada

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_det...timetable.html
    cool, good to know. Thanks

asshat Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00 slams and goes hard. Ankf00's Avatar
    Lewis and Jenson put together their car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zf40...layer_embedded

Some more info has leaked. Looks like 180 mil build cost and an estimated 300 mil in annual economic impact to the Austin area. Not too shabby.

Aside from quoting the cost of building the track, the documents contend that the project will require 1500 construction workers, and that 1200 people will be employed over the Grand Prix weekend. There will also be 40 full time employees at the venue.
    Other activities expected to keep the track busy for up to 250 days a year include testing, alternative fuel research (as previously outlined here), driving schools, police training, music concerts and “high-end auctions.” There is also mention of NASCAR and drag racing events.
    http://adamcooperf1.com/

Thursday, August 5, 2010, 11:07am CDT | Modified: Thursday, August 5, 2010, 12:39pm
    City of Austin OKs millions to improve proposed F1 site
    AUSTIN BUSINESS JOURNAL - BY Jacob Dirr STAFF WRITER

City Council passed a resolution this morning that will free up millions of public money to fund the water lines at the Wandering Creek site proposed to house a Formula One track and mixed-use development. The move follows an April resolution, also passed with no debate, that said the city will pay the $5.8 million needed to fund sewers at the site.

The agreements are for the 1,800-home Wandering Creek residential development, which was to consume about 648 acres south and west of Elroy Road and east of McAngus Road outside the full-purpose city limits. Council approved it when it for housing, not a racetrack. The $40 million housing project southeast of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport was repeatedly stalled by planning setbacks.

Last month, Formula One race organizers said the site, which is located in the Del Valle Independent School District, is the primary choice for a race track and master planned development to host a U.S. Grand Prix for the next decade.

The developer of the site is Wandering Creek Investments LP. The entity was formed in 2006, as Wandering Creek LLC, according to state records. The general partner listed is Robert Epstein, whose company, Prophet Capital Management, has been publicly announced as a Formula One investor.

Two separate site maps provided by the city and Full Throttle Productions, the F1 race organizer, match almost exactly. Maps are available here (http://assets.bizjournals.com/cms_me...20water%20.pdf) and here (http://assets.bizjournals.com/cms_me...ap_7-27-10.pdf).

Today’s vote will extend a 2008 agreement between the Austin Water Utility and Wandering Creek Investments LP that said the city will pay for a 36-inch and 24-inch water line, kicking in at least $3.9 million, and possibly more. Formula One was not included in today’s agenda backup, but Council Member Randi Shade said some council members knew the site was connected to the proposed race.

The Water Utility requested information from the company about Formula One, but no records have been provided, said Seyed Miri, a city employee listed as the contact for the agreement. The attorney representing Wandering Creek Investments said he does not have any information about Formula One. “We read about it in the papers,” said John Joseph, a lawyer at Coats Rose Yale Ryman & Lee PC. Joseph said he represents the business entity and had no information about its principals.

Race officials said a university-centric research park and commercial developments will be built around the race track. Officials said a cost estimate or plan to finance the surrounding development has not been completed. The surrounding area could be sold to developers or done as ground leases.

F1 investor Red McCombs, flanked by Austin F1 chief Tavo Hellmund, said during a press conference last month that the Elroy location is the primary choice, but other sites are still being considered. Last month, ESPN quoted Hellmund as saying the track was going northeast of Austin. The Elroy site is southeast of downtown within the city of Austin’s extra-territorial jurisdiction, which means Austin has limited control over the land unless it’s annexed.

Last month, Del Valle Independent School District President Richard Vasquez said he did not know the exact location. He said the school district is not offering economic incentives, but officials are excited about the potential windfall of property tax revenue and job creation.
    http://austin.bizjournals.com/austin...2/daily38.html

asshat random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn's Avatar
    wood

asshat pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo's Avatar
    Lewis and Jenson put together their car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zf40...layer_embedded
    That was allsome

Here's another one with Lewis and Jenson visiting the holy grail of F1 history.

yea that's my fav one

"also, how many cars got 1 or 2" "yea we gotta catch up with that"

"he would drive with one hand" "it's beautiful, this is what if you were a kid, this is what you would've drawn." yes, yes I did.

download the BBC torrent for Catalunya or Istanbul, I believe it's Catalunya, in the pre-race coverage they show a taped segment where Lewis gets to take the MP4-4 out on track.
    Last edited by Ankf00; 08-05-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pescado_rojo View Post
    That was allsome
    Imagine doing one of those spots w/ Seb & Webber

Imagine doing one of those spots w/ Seb & Webber
    They'd just fight over who got the front wing

asshat pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vicerous View Post
    They'd just fight over who got the front wing
    Bravo

Then Seb would walk into the wall with it

it was Top Gear after Montreal

thanks obama jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt Probably Shaggy Upper Class jt's Avatar
    i haven't kept up w/ the tech advancements - no idea that the old cars were so much more powerful. amazing how sleek and elegant we thought they were back then and they are nothing compared to today's f1 rides.

watched a couple of the senna highlights on youtube. i loved that black john player special car. when i was a little kid, my dad's favorite hat was one he picked up at the germany grand prix - a black cap w/ JOHN PLAYER SPECIAL TEAM LOTUS on it. i loved that hat.

that trip to the grand prix sucked for me though. i was like 5 yrs old and i only remember 2 things from that day: getting lost coming back from the bathroom (what kind of parents send a 5 yr old to the pisser by himself at a place like that? 1977 parents, that's who.) i remember thinking the way i could find my dad was walk under the grandstands and look at feet - my dad was wearing stan smith adidas and i would find those shoes and know where he was. problem w/ my thinking: it's 1977 in germany - every other person at hochenheim was wearing $#@!ing stan smiths. oh, and our tr7 broke down on the way home. bye bye miss america pie was playing so i thought about that breakdown for years every time i heard it.

Mario drove the john players special lotus back then. WDC in '79 I think. slick car.

F1 course designer Tilke ready to start work on Austin track
    By Andreas Grosse Halbuer
    AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
    Updated: 12:21 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 7, 2010
    Published: 12:11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 7, 2010

The German firm designing the Formula One racetrack in Austin is about to open a local office and already has geologists testing the site in eastern Travis County.

"There is land, there is money, there is a Formula One contract. We are now ready to enter the final stage of the ambitious project," said Christian Epp, a Tilke GmbH executive in charge of the Austin project.

The track and related structures are destined for about 900 acres near Elroy and bordered by FM 812 and McAngus and Elroy roads, about a mile east of Texas 130.

Although the course layout is about 95 percent determined, Epp said questions remain about the type and design of auxiliary buildings.

A preliminary plan shown two months ago to city officials indicated that the project would include a welcome center as well as permanent and temporary grandstands for an event that could attract 100,000 or more fans.

"We have to figure how many buildings and access roads are needed, how in detail to manage the water supply, drainage and power," Epp said. "It's like planning and building a complete new city."

Epp said a Tilke delegation including architects, engineers, geologists and environmental experts will be in Austin for a few days starting Aug. 16 to work on a detailed plan for the track complex that could cost upward of $200 million.

Epp said as many as 20 Tilke employees will be in Austin over the next two years to design and oversee construction of the first U.S. track that is being built specifically for Formula One. Past F1 U.S. races have used NASCAR tracks or other facilities.

F1 organizers have yet to submit requests for permits to the city and Travis County, which will jointly review the plans. But Tilke hopes to begin grading the site in December.

The first race is scheduled to occur in 2012, although the date has not been set.

"The engineers and the contractors tell me it can be built by summer 2012," said Richard Suttle Jr., the attorney for the Austin project, adding that F1 sets the actual race schedule.

Given problems with heat in past U.S. F1 races, the assumption is that the Austin event would occur in cooler months.

Epp said the track complex will be designed with energy efficiency, water conservation and other environmental factors in mind. He said the company is also considering adding renewable energy sources, such as solar panels, if feasible.

The Tilke manager is optimistic that the track could encourage economic development and construction in Elroy and greater Austin.

"A lot of people will come to the city and spend their money in Austin," said Epp, who is based in Cancún, Quintana Roo, to oversee Tilke operations in Mexico and South America.

Tilke already has hired some subcontractors, Epp said, although he declined to identify them. His firm will be in charge of the bidding process for contractors, although local promoter Tavo Hellmund is in charge of the project and will make the decisions. Epp said preference will be given to companies based locally or elsewhere in Texas.

During construction, as many as 2,000 workers will be involved in building the track complex, Epp said.

Hellmund's Full Throttle Productions estimates another 1,200 temporary workers would be hired for Formula One race weekends, according to documents presented to the city and obtained by the American-Statesman under the Texas Public Information Act.

According to Full Throttle's estimates, an F1 weekend in Texas would have a $300 million impact on the area every year, although some economists question that estimate.

Epp said there are many ideas on the table about additional uses for the track site.

"We could use the area for typical Austin live music festivals to reflect the spirit of the town," Epp said.

Organizers also have said the site could be used for vehicle research and testing.

Epp said an F1 race will raise Austin's international profile.

"Austin can be spoken of in the same breath as (other F1 host cities) Istanbul, Melbourne or Shanghai," he said.

ahalbuer@statesman.com; 445-6766

Grosse Halbuer is a correspondent with Capital, a leading German business magazine, who is in Austin through the Arthur F. Burns Fellowship, an exchange program for U.S. and German journalists.
    http://www.statesman.com/sports/form...rk-846462.html

weird

Dennis visits Indy NASCAR, slams US F1

Jump to Comments
    Ron Dennis is paying his first ever visit to a NASCAR race this weekend at the Brickyard 400, where his old pal Juan Pablo Montoya starts from pole on Sunday.
    Dennis had a dinner with Jeff Gordon and told my colleagues at AutoWeek that the former champ was “Massively impressive. If other drivers here have his approach then you have an amazing group of drivers. I didn’t expect someone to be so grounded and so knowledgeable about what it takes to be successful.”
    He also took a blast at US F1: “They were given opportunity after opportunity, and they didn’t tell the truth. They never had the depth, they never had the understanding, they never had the resources.”
    More intriguingly when asked about the US GP he indicated that Austin might not get there first, saying there were “Two or three separate projects. That’s not for me to share.”

lends serious weight to the rumors that Bernie's still working with Monticello

weird

lends serious weight to the rumors that Bernie's still working with Monticello
    I'm pretty sure Cooper wrote in a later post that any other venue like Monticello would be later and in addition to a gp in Austin. I guess Bernie wants two usgps?

Bernie wants cash money. If the circuit is built, there's no reason for him not to hold the race so long as he's still receiving his sanctioning fee.

Who knows what the deal is w/ Monticello, but NY or LV has always been his main goal, and 2 GP's makes no sense when arabs and asians with no tobacco advertising restrictions will pay out the ass (Singapore, Sepang, Shanghai, Korea, Istanbul, Abu Dabhi, Bahrain, India). Germany and Italy don't have a 2nd GP anymore, there's only the 2nd event at Valencia b/c they're leveraging Alonso's success to build the brand in Spain, where MotoGP's always been far and away the most popular.
    Last edited by Ankf00; 08-09-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Bernie wants cash money. If the circuit is built, there's no reason for him not to hold the race so long as he's still receiving his sanctioning fee.
    Not sure I buy into that, Ank. He had his facility in Indy, and took his ball and went home. Dude has said on more than one occasion that F1 does not need the U.S. Now, I'm sure if a race on the strip in Vegas came calling, he'd change his tune. I know that is a race he wants, and he wants it bad. Will it ever happen? I doubt it.

Tavo is supposed to be on Wind Tunnel on the 22nd. Hopefully he'll divluge some new info on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner2483 View Post
    Not sure I buy into that, Ank. He had his facility in Indy, and took his ball and went home.
    he had a joke of a facility in Indy run by the someone w/ the business intellect of a sooner who did more to damage F1's brand in the US in one single weekend w/ his diamond grinding the track in '06 than 20 years of of absence from the US market and the $#@! shows in phoenix, dallas, detroit, etc.

but that's neither here nor there, the USGP contract was already on a year-by-year basis, the USGP sanctioning fee was at a far more ridiculous discount than what Hellmund has contracted for, and the contract was simply not renewed after the '07 USGP. If it's financially advantageous for him to cancel Austin's USGP to make room for Monticello or LV he will. If it's financially advantageous for him to have 2 USGP's, pocket the Austin cash while building a more long-term USGP home at Monticello or LV he will. If it's 2 USGP's, possible, but not really. He always does 1 thing, whatever's going to bring him the most in sanctioning fees.

Austin's sanctioning fee w/ the annual increase averages out to 40M/yr over the 10 years. He's not walking away from that w/o a damn profitable option. Plus any penalties from the promoter not being able to deliver either now or in the future.

Monticello, seems like leverage to extract more from Montreal. He's already shown his willingness to axe them from the schedule, and it's a stone's throw away, relatively...
    Last edited by Ankf00; 08-10-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Austin, TX F1 USGP?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ankf00
    he had a joke of a facility in Indy run by the someone w/ the business intellect of a sooner who did more to damage F1's brand in the US in one single weekend w/ his diamond grinding the track in '06 than 20 years of of absence from the US market and the $#@! shows in phoenix, dallas, detroit, etc.

but that's neither here nor there, the USGP contract was already on a year-by-year basis, the USGP sanctioning fee was at a far more ridiculous discount than what Hellmund has contracted for, and the contract was simply not renewed after the '07 USGP. If it's financially advantageous for him to cancel Austin's USGP to make room for Monticello or LV he will. If it's financially advantageous for him to have 2 USGP's, pocket the Austin cash while building a more long-term USGP home at Monticello or LV he will. If it's 2 USGP's, possible, but not really. He always does 1 thing, whatever's going to bring him the most in sanctioning fees.

Austin's sanctioning fee w/ the annual increase averages out to 40M/yr over the 10 years. He's not walking away from that w/o a damn profitable option. Plus any penalties from the promoter not being able to deliver either now or in the future.

Monticello, seems like leverage to extract more from Montreal. He's already shown his willingness to axe them from the schedule, and it's a stone's throw away, relatively...
    I hear the strip clubs are $#@!ing awesome in Montreal.

verdad.

anyone watch wind tunnel last night?

nothing was. historic tracks neutered w/ Tilke chicanes everywhere. Imola is a trainwreck now. Hockenheim, etc. No such thing as a high speed sweeper for years. Banned ground effects & active suspension, new engine rules, smaller track chassis w/ smaller, grooved tires.

some of the most memorable moments covered in the youtube links above: suzuka part 1 & 2 running into Prost then the next year both of them on the same team and first corner incident again. monaco: keeping nige behind him for laps for the win in a much slower car on completely worn tires, nige w/ brand new tires and much faster trim
    This just about covers it. The changes they made to the corners the season he died were very knee jerk...a chicane right before Eau Rouge, one bad one at Catalunya. Speaking of Cataluyna, they killed the one corner that made that track somewhat interesting. The fast sweeper that leads onto the start finsh straight.

my earlier post was wrong in mentioning full ground effects, that was a mid 80's thing, but they did something major w/ aero for "safety" that made the cars more unstable in the corners and faster in a striaght line as they did with the skinnier, shorter, grooved tires & narrower track...

neutered catalunya ruining the one passing opportunity on that $#@!e track.

Historic, allsome, Imola.

Neutered, Okie-douche-sister-$#@!ing, Imola

they even named the damn $#@!ty chicane at Jerez after him
    Last edited by Ankf00; 08-11-2010 at 06:32 PM.

I've grown to know that the only thing Ankf hates more than Deadmau5 are chicanes haha. At least we still have Radillon at Spa.

wimmins = liars
    chicanery = trickery
    trickery ~ lying
    chicane = lie
    lie = the doing of liars
    chicane = the doing of wimmins

and who's deadmau5?
    Last edited by Ankf00; 08-12-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Not Frogstyle froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717 slams and goes hard. froghorn717's Avatar
    picking up pennies in front of steamrollers
    good news everybody...

Found out last night when (if) this is completed, we are getting a Suite. Our friend is very excited, and very optimistic.

I cant freaking wait!!!
    Last edited by froghorn717; 08-20-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: by "we" i mean my firm

asshat Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert

and who's deadmau5?

and who's deadmau5?
    I got you confused with TxArch. Damn As...

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt GORN tx 3 putt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by froghorn717 View Post
    good news everybody...

Found out last night when (if) this is completed, we are getting a Suite. Our friend is very excited, and very optimistic.

I cant freaking wait!!!

im free if you have an extra ticket, thnaks

asshat naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo's Avatar
    More details of track announced: 20+ turns, 3.2+ miles, 130-140 feet in elevation change.

Prelim plans out as early as this week.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...ns_finish.html

the banner pic is Lewis' MP4-25

Tilke officials said they hope to begin grading the site — bordered by FM 812 and McAngus and Elroy roads, about a mile east of Texas 130 — in December.
    very important
    Last edited by Ankf00; 08-23-2010 at 03:03 PM.

asshat G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. G4's Avatar

Austin, TX F1 USGP?!?!

I watched the interview last night. It sounds like the relationship between Bernie and Tavo is what got this done. The track sounds like a throwback and will be pushed as an R&D facility.

asshat Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death's Avatar
    oh boy, this is gonna be great!

asshat ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand's Avatar
    anyone watch wind tunnel last night?
    Here is the interview with Tavo on Wind Tunnel on the Speed Channel.

http://www.speedtv.com/video/popup/5...6001/595125382

Where'd the velociraptor go?

asshat ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? ravenhand's Avatar
    Utility Construction at the F1 site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/friends..._austin_texas/

asshat VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d's Avatar
    http://www.statesman.com/sports/form...-a-877694.html

A few more tidbits about the track...

The proposed Formula One track that will be the site of the U.S. Grand Prix in Austin could hold 130,000 to 140,000 fans, race promoter Tavo Hellmund said Tuesday.

"It will be the biggest thing Austin has ever had," Hellmund said, adding that 50,000 of those fans could be seated in grandstands while the rest could sit on the grounds, stand or stroll around the track .
    Hellmund added that he wanted to stage an exciting race and said there would be "four real passing zones" on the track, which will be about 3.2 miles long and located southeast of Austin on about 900 acres.

asshat Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death GORN Duck of Death's Avatar
    that grandstand could make an interesting sxsw venue

Finally a glimpse of the track!

I personally like it. I like the fast sweeper section, the long sweeping straight like Hockenheim and the multi-apex turn near the finish.

Austin F1 track design has been released.

The 3.4-mile track has 20 turns, a maximum elevation change of 133 feet, a back straightaway that is three-quarters of a mile long and a width that will vary between 39 and 52 feet.

Austin's Formula One track will have a maximum elevation change of 133 feet. Drivers should be able to reach speeds of 200 mph, promoter Tavo Hellmund said.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/form...Trk=RTR_781143

Beat me by a minute...

The climb to turn 1 reminds be a little bit of the old A1 ring. The S's look a bit like Suzuka as well. The more I look at it the more I like it. Could be a good one.
    Last edited by vicerous; 09-01-2010 at 10:33 AM.

It's design has taken ques from three different tracks; Silverstone (GB) Hockenheim (Germany) and Istanbul Park. I guess Tilk took the best of those three tracks and put them here in Austin.
    Turns 3 through 6 look not dissimilar to Silverstone’s high-speed Maggotts/Becketts; Turns 12 through 15 give a nod to Hockenheim's stadium section; and Turns 16 through 18 will mirror the infamous, multi-apex Turn 8 at Istanbul Park.

“The area has natural elevation differences, which promises a fast track with difficult corners,” Hellmund told Formula1.com recently. “But the most essential thing is that has to be a masterpiece in its suitability for fans. Spectators have to be able to see large parts of the track from wherever they are.”
    Last edited by ravenhand; 09-01-2010 at 12:35 PM.

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast