+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,300 of 4516

Thread: Austin, TX F1 USGP?!?!

asshat mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    but from just above was this

which implies that they have the motogp rights because they apparently have the f1 rights.
    Those aren't in conflict. They never followed through with the buyout, but they did withhold the sanctioning fee payment to Bernie, voiding Hellmund's F1 race rights. They later admitted to the world that they had had the money to pay before the deadline. Then they had to deal with Bernie to secure the F1 rights in a new deal.

That was independent of the Moto GP deal, which is with Dorna. Hellmund and Schwantz own those rights. As much as they'd like prospective PSL buyers to believe otherwise, COTA has not secured them.
    Last edited by mandingo; 03-08-2012 at 01:41 AM.

asshat mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo's Avatar
    Kevin Schwantz weighs in on the MotoGP rights situation. It's worse than I thought:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/form...ce=twitterfeed

Motorcycling legend Kevin Schwantz, who figured to be the public face of that race, has been mum on the subject for months. But in February, Schwantz sent a letter to Steve Sexton, the president of Circuit of the Americas, saying, "I urge you one final time to contact Mr. (Tavo) Hellmund about obtaining the rights to host a MotoGP race in Texas, after which I would be glad to open discussions with you as the new promoter. If you have not obtained such rights from Full Throttle, then unfortunately Circuit of the Americas will not be included as a round of the FIM Grand Prix Road Racing World Championship."
    In his letter, Schwantz claimed, "For the benefit of the Austin facility and our Texas fans we entered into the most promoter-friendly contract in MotoGP with Full Throttle, the creator and an owner of the Circuit of the Americas project ... It is my understanding that Circuit of the Americas had the opportunity to obtain these rights on several occasions between late 2010 and the fall of 2011 but that Circuit of the Americas did not follow through."
    Full Throttle is Hellmund's promotional company. In a lawsuit filed last week, Hellmund claimed there was an $18 million deal for the Circuit of the Americas to buy his share of the company and the rights to the Formula One and MotoGP races, but that the deal wasn't consummated as planned in an Oct. 25 meeting last year in the London office of Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone.

In December, the track was able to renegotiate a contract for the Formula One race with Ecclestone after Hellmund's original contract was determined to be in breach.

No such deal has been reached regarding the rights to MotoGP.

Schwantz, a long-time friend of Hellmund's, wrote Sexton, "In the past others at the Circuit of the Americas have indicated that their group has attempted to obtain these rights from Mr. Hellmund for amounts ranging from $4 million to $17 million but that Mr. Hellmund declined."

Schwantz claimed he knew such offers hadn't been made and requested documentation of any such offers.

Sexton said in an email, "We are in discussions with several major race series who have reached out to us, and our confidence is high that three to five major world-class events, including a two-wheel championship, will be on the 2013 schedule — and that these races will take place under terms favorable to the Circuit and the series owners."
    Hello WSBK.

This $#@! is worse than the drama between my 8 year old girl and her friends.

New photos just released by COTA:

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/arti...track-progress

asshat random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn's Avatar
    better hurry that $#@! up. first race of the season is next weekend.

asshat Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic is a rep whore. Traffic's Avatar
    I'm not happy to hear that MotoGP may be in jeopardy.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    startin to come together pepper. startin to come together.

asshat 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT slams and goes hard. 4UT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mandingo View Post
    Hello WSBK.

GD, they had MotoGP rights on the table. If these $#@!s $#@! this up...

Kevin Schwantz weighs in on the MotoGP rights situation. It's worse than I thought:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/form...ce=twitterfeed

Motorcycling legend Kevin Schwantz, who figured to be the public face of that race, has been mum on the subject for months. But in February, Schwantz sent a letter to Steve Sexton, the president of Circuit of the Americas, saying, "I urge you one final time to contact Mr. (Tavo) Hellmund about obtaining the rights to host a MotoGP race in Texas, after which I would be glad to open discussions with you as the new promoter. If you have not obtained such rights from Full Throttle, then unfortunately Circuit of the Americas will not be included as a round of the FIM Grand Prix Road Racing World Championship."
    In his letter, Schwantz claimed, "For the benefit of the Austin facility and our Texas fans we entered into the most promoter-friendly contract in MotoGP with Full Throttle, the creator and an owner of the Circuit of the Americas project ... It is my understanding that Circuit of the Americas had the opportunity to obtain these rights on several occasions between late 2010 and the fall of 2011 but that Circuit of the Americas did not follow through."
    Full Throttle is Hellmund's promotional company. In a lawsuit filed last week, Hellmund claimed there was an $18 million deal for the Circuit of the Americas to buy his share of the company and the rights to the Formula One and MotoGP races, but that the deal wasn't consummated as planned in an Oct. 25 meeting last year in the London office of Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone.

In December, the track was able to renegotiate a contract for the Formula One race with Ecclestone after Hellmund's original contract was determined to be in breach.

No such deal has been reached regarding the rights to MotoGP.

Schwantz, a long-time friend of Hellmund's, wrote Sexton, "In the past others at the Circuit of the Americas have indicated that their group has attempted to obtain these rights from Mr. Hellmund for amounts ranging from $4 million to $17 million but that Mr. Hellmund declined."

Schwantz claimed he knew such offers hadn't been made and requested documentation of any such offers.
    Here's another good writeup on Schwantz & the letter to COTA re: MotoGP rights...

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/raci...n-rights-wbsk/

AMA?

Oy.

Hey, I know. Instead of F1, how 'bout the Star Mazda Series?

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    IROC racing

Sent using my telekinesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    IROC racing

Sent using my telekinesis.
    Nicely done, sir.

The deeper we dig into this story, the worse it looks for the COTA boys:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120310/F1/120319997

AutoWeek's Steven Cole Smith knocks another one out of the park.

Looks like COTA was trying an end-around on an already great contract in an attempt to sidestep Hellmund. Sound familiar? It gets better. It seems Epstein even went so far as to lie directly to Schwantz, claiming that he had offered Hellmund $10M for the MotoGP rights. Schwantz directly refutes that claim.

[quote]So, as for MotoGP in Austin: An Autoweek request for an update from Schwantz was answered by a copy of a letter that Schwantz's personal assistant says was sent to COTA president Steve Sexton on Feb. 17.

In the letter, Schwantz said he spoke to Carmelo Ezpeleta, who is essentially the Bernie Ecclestone of MotoGP. The letter said Ezpeleta told Schwantz that Sexton had contacted the MotoGP promoter about “obtaining rights to a MotoGP race at Circuit of the Americas.” Schwantz points out in writing that the rights have already been granted—to Hellmund, Schwantz and Full Throttle—and therefore, such inquiries should be made to them, not Ezpeleta.

Perhaps even more notable, though, is that Schwantz claims Sexton indicated to Ezpeleta that COTA has attempted to buy the rights from Hellmund and Schwantz, and that they declined the offer, in an attempt to “overcharge Circuit of the Americas in exchange for transferring these rights,” Schwantz said in the letter. Schwantz wrote that COTA executives have variously said that COTA offered Full Throttle from $4 million to $17 million for the rights, “but that Mr. Hellmund declined. Bobby Epstein,” the chief financier of the project, “repeated these claims himself, directly telling me that he offered $10 million to Mr. Hellmund for these rights. You, I and Mr. Ezpeleta all know that such offers have not been made to Mr. Hellmund,” Schwantz wrote in the letter.

Schwantz also wrote that the “actions and misrepresentations made by Circuit of the Americas appear to be an attempt to interfere with the contractual relationships that currently exist between us and Full Throttle,” and that “any further attempts to interfere with the contractual relationships between the parties will be referred to my legal counsel.”

Bottom line, then: Schwantz and presumably Hellmund are claiming that COTA is trying an end run to get MotoGP rights, rather than honor the existing contract, which Schwantz wrote was “the most promoter-friendly contract in MotoGP racing,” and which, at the April 2011 announcement, seemed to please everyone within the organization.

Here you go: 41 fresh photos from just this afternoon:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4...4878&type=1

Samples:

asshat Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom's Avatar

Send me a PM for the details on the private mini-league I created...

Getting pretty heavy on horse-racing & hockey execs. Motorsport types? Not so much.

Austin Formula One track hires former Churchill VP Sweazy:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisvill...+Louisville%29

"State of the States" (and Circuit of the Americas)...Thompson Phillips pulls no punches here:

http://www.pitpass.com/45716-State-of-the-States

With the arrival yesterday of "the mother of all cranes" as one observer put it, Main Grandstand construction begins in earnest:

Watching my first F1 race right now. Man, I really hope this $#@! gets done. I've lasted about 5 laps in any NASCAR race I've ever watched. This is awesome.

bunghole 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. 4th_and_18 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.

Only 1 room left at the Inn in Wimberley. You can stay at the Howard Johnson in Austin for $600/night.

Anybody want to pool money and build a hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by skipperj View Post
    Watching my first F1 race right now. Man, I really hope this $#@! gets done. I've lasted about 5 laps in any NASCAR race I've ever watched. This is awesome.
    So you likey the F1?

Get used to that. It doesn't go away. It just gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by skipperj View Post
    Don't know if you've seen MotoGP at all, but its on that same scale of awesomeness. Really hope they can get that deal done.

COTA brass went to Melbourne & will go to other GPs in an effort to gather the best ideas to handle crowds on race day. Anyone besides me think it's a little late for something like this? Shouldn't this have been going on last season?

http://www.kvue.com/news/Circuit-of-...medium=twitter

asshat bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau's Avatar
    COTA brass went to Melbourne & will go to other GPs in an effort to gather the best ideas to handle crowds on race day. Anyone besides me think it's a little late for something like this? Shouldn't this have been going on last season?

http://www.kvue.com/news/Circuit-of-...medium=twitter
    As long as they do it before November, I figure they're good. And anyhow, I thought I remembered the gang taking Combs to some race last year.

Would you prefer that they not go?

PS - The FFA F1 thread needs you. I think it's under a dozen posts

Quote Originally Posted by bentleybrau View Post
    As long as they do it before November, I figure they're good. And anyhow, I thought I remembered the gang taking Combs to some race last year.

Would you prefer that they not go?

PS - The FFA F1 thread needs you. I think it's under a dozen posts
    I just think it's funny/sad that they cut out of the project the guy who conceived it and knows F1 & promoting backward & forward and they continue to load the staff with horse racing & hockey people. Then they make a big show, during the same season as their first race, of trying to learn how to put on a GP?

Ah well...at this point I'm just hoping they don't embarrass us with the whole world watching...

I go to the FFA when I'm bored. Been too busy to be bored lately.

BTW, Austin Police will implement same strategy as that used for South by Southwest:

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...ty-plan-for-f1

Anyone heard anything about the Fire/EMS strategy?
    Last edited by mandingo; 03-20-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Here are some new photos I shot today at COTA:

There are 8 more here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7614878&type=1

asshat updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses
    That grandstand seems to be going up quick. Didn't they just start a couple of days ago

asshat bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. bentleybrau's Avatar
    This may have been covered before, but I was talking with my friend in construction who said that Korea(?) had a similar thing going with their GP where the race facilities were pretty much the only thing done by the first race. What's the story with that? Is that what we're looking at doing here?

asshat pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? pescado_rojo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by updawg View Post
    That grandstand seems to be going up quick. Didn't they just start a couple of days ago
    U of H engineers.

yeah, Korea was pretty badin 2010. The track surface wasn't the usual pristine F1 surface. Especially at the edges of the track and different curbings. Can't remember the condition of the stands though. But they barely finished with lots of complaining.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ko...ady-25265.html

This is probably what you can expect.

Quote Originally Posted by bentleybrau View Post
    This may have been covered before, but I was talking with my friend in construction who said that Korea(?) had a similar thing going with their GP where the race facilities were pretty much the only thing done by the first race. What's the story with that? Is that what we're looking at doing here?
    Looks like it. The plans have been gutted.

Malaysia GP 3-Day ticket prices:

Main GS/Mall Area: $180 to $574
    Other GS: $144 to $216
    Hillside: $20 to $40 (covered)

Last minute flight to Kuala Lumpur: $1971 .... Hmmm.

Very tempting...

Check out this amazing Canadian GP package Hellmund & his wife Aryn just donated to the Austin Children's Shelter's fundraising auction. Very cool.

http://www.austinchildrenshelter.org...ction_Formula1

The Austin Children’s Shelter is pleased to announce the “Ultimate” Formula One™ Grand Prix Package available through live auction this Friday, March 23rd at the Austin Fashion for Compassion Event. This exclusive VIP access package includes:

Driver Meet and Greet with 2012 favorites Michael Schumacher (Mercedes/AMG F1 team) and Mark Webber (Red Bull F1 team)
    2 Exclusive Paddock Passes,
    F1 VIP Hospitality with 2 reserved seats,
    Round-trip airfare for two, and
    3 nights luxury hotel accommodations for two for the Grand Prix Du Canada race, June 8-10, 2012 in Montréal, QC, Canada

Package Details
    The driver "meet and greet" will include a rare private meeting and photo opportunity with Michael Schumacher and Mark Webber, as well as a quick tour of their race cars. Michael Schumacher (Germany), driver for the Mercedes/AMG F1 team, is a seven-time Formula One World Champion, and is widely regarded as one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time. He holds many of the Formula's driver records including the most championships, race victories, fastest laps, pole positions, points scored and most races won in a single season – 13 in 2004. According to the official Formula One website, he is "statistically the greatest driver the sport has ever seen.” Mark Webber (Australia), driver for the Red Bull F1 team, is a reigning F1 championship team driver, 7-time Formula One race winner (including the 2010 Monaco Grand Prix), and a 2012 World Championship favorite.

The luxury hotel is ideally located so guests may enjoy the best of Montréal, and will also host top Formula One personnel. The surrounding neighborhood of Old Montreal abounds with magnificent architecture, art galleries, cafés, boutiques and some of the city’s finest restaurants. The Old Port, with its IMAX theatre and river cruises, is steps away from the Palais des Congrès convention center, Multimedia City and downtown Montreal.

The Formula One Grand Prix Du Canada is the longest running Grand Prix held outside of Europe, running over 30 editions in Montréal. It is one of the most sought-after races to attend on the annual calendar, and draws some of the largest crowds in the circuit. Scheduled for June 8-10, 2012 in Montréal, QC, Canada, this package will provide all the romance of Formula One in an unforgettable way. This package represents a once in a lifetime opportunity for any true Formula One racing fan, as well as the opportunity to help Austin-are children.

New construction photos from the Statesman. I was wrong about there being new cuts made for Turn 12. It looks in the aerial like it's still uncut.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4212490&type=1

asshat Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes's Avatar
    Check out this amazing Canadian GP package Hellmund & his wife Aryn just donated to the Austin Children's Shelter's fundraising auction. Very cool.

http://www.austinchildrenshelter.org...ction_Formula1
    Did you jack off to pics of Tavo when you posted this?

I just think it's funny/sad that they cut out of the project the guy who conceived it and knows F1 & promoting backward & forward and they continue to load the staff with horse racing & hockey people. Then they make a big show, during the same season as their first race, of trying to learn how to put on a GP?

Ah well...at this point I'm just hoping they don't embarrass us with the whole world watching...

I go to the FFA when I'm bored. Been too busy to be bored lately.

BTW, Austin Police will implement same strategy as that used for South by Southwest:

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...ty-plan-for-f1

Anyone heard anything about the Fire/EMS strategy?
    how many F1 events has hellmund promoted? that seems to be the standard you're hoping for. a couple of ARCA events hosting a few thousand people doesn't exactly compare.

yes someone with an international motorsports background would be optimal in terms of launching, ramping, and managing operations, but I'll take Churchill Downs over Mr. Arca when it comes to those needs. do you not see how someone experienced in handling large events at a major entertainment venue around the calender might have the necessary experience to manage large events at a major entertainment venue around the calender?

Tavo's "experience" is his daddy. That's great, and his heart's in the right place, but you're trying to portray him as Normand Legault when he's anything but.
    Last edited by al pastor; 03-22-2012 at 05:01 PM.

asshat VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d slams and goes hard. VoodooChi|d's Avatar
    While I appreciate all the aerial photos, it does seem like a better use of funds would be to get the track done on time.

asshat Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes Shaggy Gold Club Gardner Barnes's Avatar
    Here are the facts: no matter how much Hellmund you want to suck off. Who gives a $#@! who got this "started" or whose daddy knows whom. Your Tavo love is $#@!ish.

In a November 2011 interview, Ecclestone said he had terminated the contract with Hellmund because he was unable to deliver the promised financing. On December 7, 2011 a new deal was agreed to between Formula 1 and the investors, McCombs and Epstein.

Period.

Construction update:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...d_stand_a.html

Includes an update on the critically injured team member. Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardner Barnes View Post
    Here are the facts: no matter how much Hellmund you want to suck off. Who gives a $#@! who got this "started" or whose daddy knows whom. Your Tavo love is $#@!ish.

In a November 2011 interview, Ecclestone said he had terminated the contract with Hellmund because he was unable to deliver the promised financing. On December 7, 2011 a new deal was agreed to between Formula 1 and the investors, McCombs and Epstein.

Period.
    Nice!

+ rep.

I'm so confused.

I have food poisoning.

BTW guys, a Speed TV F1 forum poster posted this aerial, shot yesterday. It's a bit closer & more detailed than the one posted by COTA. He took it on a flight out from ABIA in Austin.

OK, so some of the boys over at F1Technical.net were trying to make the case that COTA construction is on par with or even ahead of where India was last year at a similar point.

I decided to look into that idea and see for myself. The results were interesting to say the least. I came to this "similar point" by looking at photos and calculating how many days each project had remaining until FP1.

The COTA grandstand is well behind Buddh's grandstand at a similar point in the construction. With 242 days remaining until FP1, the structure of Buddh's much larger, concrete, 29000-seat GS was all but done. At 235 days out, Austin's 9000-seat GS (reduced in size due to time and cost concerns) has really just gotten underway.

Will COTA get these buildings and the track done in time to race? They probably will. They should. Outside the circuit itself, the plan has been gutted to the point of emasculation. Is Austin behind India at a comparable point in time? Certainly.

Buddh Main GS...242 days til FP1:

Austin Main GS...237 days til FP1:

Buddh's and Austin's pit buildings, aside from the lack of walls in Austin's, seem somewhat close in development at this point.

Below is a Google Earth shot of the Buddh Circuit from January 16, 2011. At this point, Buddh's Media Center, Medical Center, and Team Buildings are clearly visible So are the several of the 13 Restroom structures and/or their foundations, the Entrance Gate, and the Administration Buildings. You can also clearly see the outline of the cut of the entire circuit, the runoff areas, and circuit's clearly defined perimeter access road.

The COTA track cut is not yet complete and the perimeter road cut appears incomplete. Runoffs are visible (but only 2 or 3 are clearly visible) from T18 to about T7. There are no buildings visible other than the Pit Building, Media Center, Medical Center, and the foundation & limited construction on the Main GS. There apparently are no Team Buildings, Restrooms, Ticket Office, or Admin Building any longer in the COTA plans.

Buddh Circuit...286 days from FP1:

Here is COTA on Feb 9, 2012...280 days from FP1:

Here, again is Stampchez's Friday aerial shot of COTA (237 days from FP1):

Mass gathering Permit, Emergency Planning, road worries surround COTA:

http://www.kvue.com/news/Travis-Coun...144313125.html

asshat crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski's Avatar
    Is there an official rendering of what the finished product will look like? Sorry if it's back in this thread somewhere. That's a lot of pages.

A quick google search revealed this, but that just seems so...bland.

asshat updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses
    I just don't see how they are going to get so many people in and out of there. It just seems like its not being addressed and is going to be a complete cluster$#@!

I bet there will be bike lanes planned though

Quote Originally Posted by crackamacgowski View Post
    Is there an official rendering of what the finished product will look like? Sorry if it's back in this thread somewhere. That's a lot of pages.

A quick google search revealed this, but that just seems so...bland.
    Here you go. These are the latest I know of. They've changed so many times with all the scaling down...

From everything I've heard, the only stands remaining in the plans are the Main GS, Turn 1, and some around the Stadium section. No Team Buildings. No permanent restroom facilities. Only 1 of 4 pedestrian bridges across the circuit remain. Gonna be a long-ass walk around the track.

Anyone notice what's featured prominently in most of these?

I think this amphitheater has been cut. The tower remains.

I just don't see how they are going to get so many people in and out of there. It just seems like its not being addressed and is going to be a complete cluster$#@!

I bet there will be bike lanes planned though
    Good thing there'll be 8 Helipads. Now, if I could just find the keys to my chopper.

Seriously. Hard to believe there's still not even an agreement with county over Elroy Road.
    Last edited by mandingo; 03-27-2012 at 11:55 AM.

asshat crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski's Avatar
    No permanent restrooms? This sounds like a complete cluster$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by crackamacgowski View Post
    No permanent restrooms? This sounds like a complete cluster$#@!.
    I'm sure there's be some in along the both sides of the front straight, but from what I hear the rest will all be temps of some sort. By comparison, freaking India's new Buddh Circuit has 13 permanent restroom buildings spaced around the course, not counting any they have on the main straight.

+ Reply to Thread