+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,750 of 4516

Thread: Austin, TX F1 USGP?!?!

thanks obama jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt's Avatar
    we constantly talk about how the cota group doesn't "market" the races for $#@!. now, personally, i get every email for every race, see billboards, hear radio ads and wonder what else they could be doing - even though i realize i am their easiest demographic to capture.

did anyone even know about the houston gp until say...weds or so of last week? i certainly hadn't. is auto-racing simply a niche sport/event that doesn't really reach the masses?

asshat Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom Shaggy Gold Club Prepuce of Doom's Avatar
    Didn't know where else to put this, but a gnarly wreck from yesterday's ALMS race at VIR.

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    we constantly talk about how the cota group doesn't "market" the races for $#@!. now, personally, i get every email for every race, see billboards, hear radio ads and wonder what else they could be doing - even though i realize i am their easiest demographic to capture.

did anyone even know about the houston gp until say...weds or so of last week? i certainly hadn't. is auto-racing simply a niche sport/event that doesn't really reach the masses?
    i've had it on my calendar since last year.

asshat mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo's Avatar

I knew about it since the deal was struck, but I follow the $#@!. That said, from everything I've heard, they did a great job of promotion. I talked to several people who had planned for it for months and saw lots of billboards in Houston just in our very limited travels Sunday. One guy I talked to was just in town from SoCal and saw a billboard, so he made a day of it. It was a great crowd...despite cold & rain until noon and despite it being Sunday in an NFL town. Maybe COTA should get these promoters busy on their events. I haven't seen official attendance figures, but 100K+ won't surprise me (weekend).
    Last edited by mandingo; 10-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.

asshat mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo Shaggy Gold Club mandingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepuce of Doom View Post
    Didn't know where else to put this, but a gnarly wreck from yesterday's ALMS race at VIR.

$#@!.

Vance found this new COTA F1 ad before it was removed.

Um...

I saw that. What the $#@!? Someone commented "Promoting it like NASCAR" or something. Spot on. 'Merica! Crashes!

Will there be shuttles for the USGP this year? First Vance found this:

https://www.facebook.com/FoF1ATX/posts/718033318211216

Then just a few minutes ago John Maher & the Statesman released this article about roads with the following quote from COTA spokeswoman Julie Loignon:

http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/for...ting-facelift/

A September draft of the circuit’s transportation plan for the November F1 race shows a shuttle lot at the corner of Moore and Burklund Farms roads. But circuit spokeswoman Julie Loignon said Monday it had not yet been determined whether there would be a shuttle lot there for this year’s F1 race.
    Last edited by mandingo; 10-08-2013 at 05:03 PM.

thanks obama jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt's Avatar
    i talked to a couple of sales guys at a conference a couple of weeks ago and there was no location chosen as of then. leave it to them to $#@! up the one thing they did super awesome right off the bat.

Choo Choo Motherfucker The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason Shaggy Gold Club The_Reason's Avatar
    Where are all you $#@!ers who went to the V series performance lab the last 2 days? I know my contingent and JT are in the morning session tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Reason View Post
    Where are all you $#@!ers who went to the V series performance lab the last 2 days? I know my contingent and JT are in the morning session tomorrow....
    Went. It was cool. I did better than last year. Listen to the instructor & push a little & you start to pick up speed each time thrtough a corner. Just wish I could get some serious lapping in without taking out a 2nd mortgage. Talked to Johnny O'Connel quite a bit about the Houston win for the championship, the Bondurant school, food, more. Loves Austin, but not sure Bondurant will be back.

bunghole ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco slams and goes hard. ninjacoco's Avatar
    Didn't do the V lab this year. Waited a week and hooned someone else's McLaren instead.

Me gusta. Pedals felt a little weird, but me gusta anyway. Stupidly easy to drive fast.

Some dude with a huge chin showed up in the afternoon. Also hooned a McLaren. (Not that one, though. The 12C.)

I could reach the pedals in the F1 car, but the wheels weren't on when I got to sit in it and poke around...booooo! Hehe.
    Last edited by ninjacoco; 10-19-2013 at 12:58 AM.

asshat crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski's Avatar
    How was the seat?

asshat updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses
    Damn ninja. You seriously got to drive one of those mclarens? I saw that Leno was there filming a show or something

asshat crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski Shaggy Gold Club crackamacgowski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by updawg View Post
    Damn ninja. You seriously got to drive one of those mclarens? I saw that Leno was there filming a show or something
    Leno's Garage. I've never actually watched it, but knowing what I know about him and his garage makes me think I'm missing out. Cool seeing him in McLaren gear.

too $#@!ing cool ninja!

Any clues as to when ticketmaster will send out tickets? Receipt date was supposed to be early October.

Quote Originally Posted by crackamacgowski View Post
    Any clues as to when ticketmaster will send out tickets? Receipt date was supposed to be early October.
    Lots of people been asking this on some of the other boards and our page. Like you say, COTA said they'd send tix by now, so what gives? We're hearing some pretty abysmal sales figures. Not sure if that has anything to do with the delay.

COTA's FAQs say tickets should be mailed 3-5 weeks prior to the race. On Friday there will be 3 weeks remaining until GP Friday.

PM fired ticket guy for info.

Quote Originally Posted by skipperj View Post
    PM fired ticket guy for info.
    que?

Quote Originally Posted by mandingo View Post
    que?
    I don't know. Was trying to make a lame joke. Wasn't there a ticket promotions guy recently fired?

I don't know. Was trying to make a lame joke. Wasn't there a ticket promotions guy recently fired?
    NP. I thought you might be referring to that but wasn't sure. We thought that might be the case too, but we've also heard they had no VP of ticketing. I guess the closest thing to a head ticketing guy would be the marketing guy Geoff Moore or the ticketing guy. Can't remember his name now, but we think a guy who left recently might have been his brother. Definitely a high amount of turnover out there in recent weeks. Pretty crazy with a GP coming up so soon.

A guy on another forum says someone at COTA just told him tickets would be FedExed on the Wednesday.

Still no schedule of events & no word on shuttle arrangements.
    Last edited by mandingo; 10-21-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Very well, thanks Mandingo.

Good to know. I wonder how bad sales actually are

Quote Originally Posted by vicerous View Post
    Good to know. I wonder how bad sales actually are
    If what we've heard is true, it's pretty bad.

We know there's still high availability in GA and the GSs at T3, 4, 5, 9, 11E, 11W, & 12...in other words everything but the permanent GSs, and there are seats available there, too. We just don't know how many.
    Last edited by mandingo; 10-21-2013 at 12:43 PM.

asshat Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club Bill Brasky Shaggy Gold Club
    so I should probably go this year before management $#@!s up and loses the date on the F1 schedule?

COTA has finally released its schedule of events for the 2013 USGP:

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/schedule

Quality is up to their usual impeccable standards.

Sunday, November 13

8:20am
    MEDICAL INSPECTION
    8:30am
    TRACK INSPECTION AND TRACK TEST
    9:00am
    FIRST PRACTICE SESSION
    11:00am
    PRACTICE SESSION
    11:30am
    PADDOCK CLUB PIT LANE WALK
    12:30pm
    TRACK INSPECTION
    1:00pm
    SECOND PRACTICE SESSION
    3:00pm
    PRESS CONFERENCE – PRESS ROOM
    4:00pm
    PRACTICE SESSION DRIVERS' MEETING
    5:00pm
    MARSHAL PIT LANE WALK

Monday, November 13

7:30am
    TEAM PIT STOP PRACTICE PADDOCK CLUB PIT LANE WALK
    8:20am
    MEDICAL INSPECTION
    8:30am
    TRACK INSPECTION AND TRACK TEST
    9:00am
    THIRD PRACTICE SESSION
    10:30am
    QUALIFYING SESSION
    11:05am
    TRACK INSPECTION
    12:00pm
    QUALIFYING SESSION
    2:00pm
    FIRST RACE (10 LAPS OR 25 MINS)

Tuesday, November 13

10:00am
    DRIVERS MEETING (IF NECESSARY)
    10:30am
    SECOND RACE (10 LAPS OR 25 MINS)
    11:05am
    11:15am
    MARSHALING SYSTEM TRACK TEST
    FORMULA ONE DRIVERS PARADE
    11:45am
    STARTING GRID PRESENTATION
    12:00pm
    MEDICAL INSPECTION
    12:10pm
    TRACK INSPECTION
    12:30pm
    PIT LANE OPEN
    12:45pm
    PIT LANE CLOSED GRID FORMATION
    12:46pm
    NATIONAL ANTHEM
    1:00pm
    GRAND PRIX ( 56 LAPS OR 120 MINS)

USGP Race Day Schedule 2013Nov 13, 2016-Nov 13, 2018
    Venues
    FERRARI CHALLENGE
    Formula One
    TRACK ACTIVITY
    Popular
    Last edited by mandingo; 10-22-2013 at 09:34 AM.

WTF? Idiots.

What in the goddamned world is going on there?

I dunno what to tell y'all. They're clueless as ever.

Looks like only one support series.

Also, Tuesday Grands Prix are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by crackamacgowski View Post
    Also, Tuesday Grands Prix are the best.
    Especially Tuesday Grand Prixs that are actually on the Wednesday before.

Especially Tuesday Grand Prixs that are actually on the Wednesday before.

bunghole HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4 is a rep whore. HOOKEM4's Avatar
    I clicked the link and saw the $#@!ed up times, came back here to laugh, saw you have that handled so i re-clicked the link and it is updated. Those people are dumbasses.

Why can we not get some proper support races? Total BS.
    Last edited by HOOKEM4; 10-22-2013 at 10:13 AM.

How long does the race last there? Surely this the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOKEM4 View Post
    I clicked the link and saw the $#@!ed up times, came back here to laugh, saw you have that handled so i re-clicked the link and it is updated. Those people are dumbasses.

Why can we not get some proper support races? Total BS.
    Were they announced initially last year? I seem to remember assuming they would be there and seeing them on a more detailed schedule closer to the race.

So, between Ferrari Challenge & F1, only 4 hot-lapping sessions Friday, 4 Saturday, & 2 Sunday. Pretty sparse on the action.

With only 3 weeks to go, it's possible they could announce another series, but it's pretty damn late. Now I guess we know why they put off this announcement for so long.
    Last edited by mandingo; 10-22-2013 at 11:32 AM.

asshat RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas is a rep whore. RottenBananas's Avatar
    When is the best time to buy tix? Probably going solo so I'm hoping the shuttle situation is released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RottenBananas View Post
    When is the best time to buy tix? Probably going solo so I'm hoping the shuttle situation is released soon.
    Man, with these guys, who knows? They seem a bit desperate this year as they keep lowering prices with their Ticketmaster & LivingSocial deals, but then again I'd hate to tell you to wait only to have them arbitrarily end GA sales or all sales...or something like that. They're kinda unpredictable like that.

Wow.

After telling people yesterday that tickets would be FedExed tomorrow, apparently COTA is now saying they'll be sent "in the next week or so".

Also, responding to complaints about the lack of support races, they're telling people to "expect more soon". So with 3 weeks to go they're still trying to line up support races?

Oh my.

i thought there was no shuttle this year. have they not confirmed this one way or the other?

asshat updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses updawg grows his own roses
    What's a good way to get a parking pass. What's a good lot. Last year I rode with someone that had a pass in that lot east of the track (the one you had to take a shuttle from). It worked well and I'd do it again but I'm wondering if there are better options

i thought there was no shuttle this year. have they not confirmed this one way or the other?
    Nope. No confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by updawg View Post
    What's a good way to get a parking pass. What's a good lot. Last year I rode with someone that had a pass in that lot east of the track (the one you had to take a shuttle from). It worked well and I'd do it again but I'm wondering if there are better options
    If that worked for you before then I'd suggest doing it again if they offer it again. How much was that btw? Wasn't it a reduced price?

Quote Originally Posted by mandingo View Post
    If that worked for you before then I'd suggest doing it again if they offer it again. How much was that btw? Wasn't it a reduced price?
    It was 40$ for lot Q I believe. Worked fine except for diverting the shuttles the wrong $#@!ing way on Sunday afternoon

Holy $#@!. On the tickets they actually said "we're mailing those out beginning the next week or two"

Quote Originally Posted by vicerous View Post
    It was 40$ for lot Q I believe. Worked fine except for diverting the shuttles the wrong $#@!ing way on Sunday afternoon
    That sounds like the one we used. We got on one of the first busses back to the lot and the driver wasn't sure which way to go. She was on the radio getting directions and the rest of the drunk bus was yelling at her where to go. Turns out she went the right way because if she followed our directions it would have caused traffic problems. It was pretty funny but I felt bad for her

Unless I find something better I'm doing that again. It was real easy to get in and out of on the back roads.

How long after the race did you get on the bus? We were kind of worried about a line do we left right after it

asshat Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain's Avatar
    I didn't go last year and wanted to go this year. But I'm leaning towards "$#@! it" the closer it gets.

+ Reply to Thread