Oh, I know what it means just wondering your thoughts on its use as well.
Oh, I know what it means just wondering your thoughts on its use as well.
tap dancing WTF?
Lincoln Theodore Monroe Andrew Perry, did he ever $#@! Shirley Temple?
2. Drums are more entertaining and louder. Plus you can mimic hip hop beats with them. Can't do that with the others.
3. Ashley was my era.
Why do inner city black kids learn better with a white fish-out-of-water teacher with radical new ideas on learning and bonding?
How many pairs of sneaks do you have?
Are they all Nike?
Do you wear soccer style kicks like Puma or Adidas?
why can't the brother get behind rock and roll? I mean $#@!, Chuck Berry and Jimi Hendrix changed the world and it's like black folks walked away from R&R
1) Why do my long-time black friends from HS insist on me calling them "n"? Of course I know it was an endearment back then but it makes me uncomfortable now that we're much older. They don't seem to respect that and feel slighted - as if I was discounting the good times back in the day. Should I give in? My late best friend, a black minister who himself used the term quite often, told me they were ignorant and self-serving and that I should just use my best judgment. Sound advice?
Most of them hated mayo and made fun of me for being addicted to it. Maybe that's the problem.
2) I'm part Mexican but look puro gringo. Should I be pissed when friends call me beaner or spic? It really doesn't and it seems petty, but I don't want to encourage the casual use of a racial slur.
Awesome thread. So repped.
2. Yes mostly Jordans though
3. I did(Pumas) a few years ago.
4.I think in a generation or 2 there will be increased interest in the rock and roll genre from the black race.
2. You allow them to call you that and you are no better than them for wanting you to call them nigga etc..
Last edited by neverwenttoUT; 06-23-2010 at 02:06 PM.
I'm finding this to be a very interesting thread. Thanks for your candid answers.
For some perspective on your answers, how old are you and where have you lived?
would it kill a brother to buy a suit at Brooks Brothers, Hickey Freeman or Zegna? why must they all shop at Charles Barkley's Big, Tall, and Black suit store? is it the free alterations? And why so many buttons?
neverwent: You give sage advice. My gratitude. Screw my friends and they're sandy vags when I tell them to, "watch this beaner".
Have you got that dude's TV back yet?
City white people call country white people rednecks. What do you call rural black people?
How do you feel about "keeping it real"?
why can't a group of black people laugh without falling out of their chairs and beating the $#@! out of each other?
What do you really call it? Does anyone of your ilk really use "Alabama blacksnake"?
3.Always have to keep it real, but part of keeping it real is being smart about it as well.
4.Somethings are really funny sometimes. A standard haha doesn't get the point across of just how funny it was.
we should have a reciprocal thread for white people. I will start it.... generic answers and most of them will cover most questions
1) because our parents fed us mayo as children and we got used to it
2) my parents told us it was because nazis emmigrated here after WWII and mostly decided to become property appraisers...we would have been happy to let you live in our neighborhood but we would have lost half our equity. I dont believe them though.
3) mostly because everyone else we knew decided it was cool even though we all knew it wasn't
4) nobody in our families valued music with rhythm or encouraging us to dance. The improved fine motor and balance control happened to be a foundation skill for basketball - who knew?
5) we fear women who outweigh us and might overpower us in bed
6) fitting in included getting good grades, really sucks that wasn't true for everyone
7) silly fear leads to decreased cross-cultural understanding, lack of empathy, and therefore increased conviction rates...we dont really like it either
8) we assume you cant swim because that is what we were told, we never invite you to the pool, vicious circle ensues
9) we are afraid if there was a free genetic test we would find out just how un-white we really are
Are your clocks and watched set to CPT?
Last edited by neverwenttoUT; 06-23-2010 at 02:38 PM.
If you had to choose...cognac or grape soda?
I can't believe it's taken 4 pages for this to be asked, but why do jorts look good on you, but ridiculous on white people?
Is it true that there are more black people in Springsteen's band (1) than there are black fans of the Boss?
Omar or Stringer Bell?
2. Interesting question, I never would have imagined Omar would be as accepted as he is as a character considering he was a homosexual by the black masses. But he was, I guess most looked past it due to what he stood for on the streets and because he was kind of a "good" character. Some are fascinated by the Stringer Bell character but they can't respect the way he went out, snitching on Avon, so Omar wins.
I hear a guy say "I'll be there in a whole minute" and the dude takes forever to get there. Is there a table to reference b/c a minute is pretty definitive.
And the whole "cutty" thing? Is it like cousin?
Please help me with the Ebonics from another thread: I got dat work on my pussy like a dope bitch
What does she mean?
2. Cutty is normally used for sexual related things. Like my cut-buddy would be someone I am having casual sex with. Or if I say I got some cutty, that means I got some pussy.
Do you hope that the, Eminem, Ms Peachez and Smokahontas, new releases will contribute to the "playing out" of rap music the way it is in its current state?
Is there any other race on the planet that is more motivated by advertising? I am thinking maybe big city Asian folk would give the average african american a run for their money?
What up with the African American thing...can we squash this one already??
How long can hearing about someone buying a new car, house , jewlery, ugly ass dog, or tossing a few thousand dollars in the air to a dope beat be marketable??
Last edited by Ducksmith; 06-23-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Well then, if it is the second meaning, that is going to be my new theme song.That can me a couple things. It could mean she got $#@!downed real good or she could be saying she is good at $#@!ing.
Does cutty stem from trim?
what kind of crackers to you like?
What is up with $2000 rims and a $5000 stereo on a $1000 car?
Have you ever known a lactose intolerant black person?
Swimming and getting wet, I get. But what's wrong with cold weather?
*Edit for Ghost
We look better in shorts, well one because we call the shorts, and two because our legs just look better. Must be the extra muscles or something.
As long as there is a market for it there will be profits. And there has been a market for it for a long time, not sure its ever going anywhere.
2. 50% of black people are lactose intolerant. 80% of those people don't realize it.
3. What is right about cold weather? Our bodies don't handle it well, plus its hard to be stylish when dressing to have to stay warm.
Last edited by neverwenttoUT; 06-23-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Yeah, I manage to be in the loop of all the bottom of the barrell new rap because of being loosely associated with the music business. As far as Rap, it and classic rock, and 80's rock were all I listened to growing up till right after 50 Cent went "in Da Club" ....after that happened and limp bizkit broke up and a black golfer started dominating golf and a white rapper started dominating rap....
I just said $#@! it and went back to listening to white people music...rock and country
What year did you graduate HS? Which one?
Never mind, saw you posted your age above.
A curious Shaggy female wants to know if it's really true....
More power to the state or feds?
Is it common in black culture to put way too many spices on food or is it just bad experiences on my end?
Despite Tiger, do black people actually watch golf, I sure as hell don't.
Bud light or Miller light?
Last edited by BigPoppaPump; 06-23-2010 at 04:18 PM.
I know you already answered the one about black people taking their sweet time at the crosswalk. My question is why does it seem black people are incapable of actually crossing at the cross walk. There could be one 10 feet away and most black people I see cross behind the cars at the light or in the middle of the street. More mistrust of whitey?
ok....it's bang a white chick/swallower day...
do you bang the extremely idiotic wigger Kendra "poor girl caught on tape" Wilkinson or the larger............Chloe "looks very close to being a tranny" Kardashian?
It seems to me that black people always drink from straws. Is this the case? If so, why?
2. Common for a white person to think a black person puts to much spices in there food.
3. Nope we only watch Tiger.
4. Not a beer drinker but its about split even with people I know.
Last edited by neverwenttoUT; 06-23-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Because there's a law on the books about this called jaywalking and black people seem to have some strange notion that cars won't kill them.The place we are trying to get to is no where near the crosswalk. Why should we walk all the way to the crosswalk and then double back? Just doesn't make sense.
I know black people.
why do younger black folk walk around with their phones/ipods/whatever blaring music all the time? why not use headphones?
All i have to say is that I roomed with two black dudes in law school - and they hated the AC (at least it felt like it to this white guy of irish descent).
Does the part of that movie offend you? What about a movie like Blazing Saddles?Originally Posted by neverwenttoUT
Can't believe this question hasn't been asked before page 5...
Wall Street Journal or Financial Times?
Football .. Basketball .. Baseball .. Other Sports .. RC Didn't Offer .. Gamboool
Varsity .. Hole in the Wall .. PCL .. Einstein's .. Nasty's .. GM Steakhouse .. NSAA
Bada Bing .. Can you help me with this? .. Shagslist .. Cloak Room .. Classics .. Bellmont