+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slow loading gifs

asshat SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin's Avatar

Slow loading gifs

Am I the only one who has issues loading pages that have gifs? Any page with gifs loads very slowly and gifs take forever to get up to speed. Can't even bother with the lol pic thread anymore. And yes, BL, I'm using chrome and not IE.

asshat Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme's Avatar
    Your'e not the only one. LOL and the Holy $#@! pages drag when they start getting to the end of the page.

The worst part is while I am waiting for them to load my wife picks up the phone and it disconnects me from the internet.

You do realize that you could be downloading hundreds of megs every time you open that thread, that's why it takes forever. Then there's the memory involved for Chrome to render all this $#@!, just try going to one of the music threads where every post is a youtube video or 8.

Its why everyone should be using gfycat for gifs.

asshat TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR's Avatar
    Don't notice on too many gifs, but tapatalk images take forever for me. Makes the butt-stalker thread slow as hell.

asshat UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn Probably Shaggy Upper Class UPennHorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SBBruin View Post
    Am I the only one who has issues loading pages that have gifs? Any page with gifs loads very slowly and gifs take forever to get up to speed. Can't even bother with the lol pic thread anymore. And yes, BL, I'm using chrome and not IE.

asshat 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335 GORN 244335's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SBBruin View Post

The state of CA is throttling your internet because they believe that it's contributing to global warming.

asshat SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin Probably Shaggy Upper Class SBBruin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 244335 View Post
    The state of CA is throttling your internet because they believe that it's contributing to global warming.

asshat Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
    The worst part is while I am waiting for them to load my wife picks up the phone and it disconnects me from the internet.
    Do you have "party line" internet?

asshat Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Bullneck's Avatar

bunghole Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Smoke Wagon's Avatar
    I think you know the problem just well as I do.
    "Post a gif" pretty much locks my computer at this point.

benevolent dictator blacklab has disabled reputation blacklab's Avatar
    report the big ones and I'll remove them

dipshit Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers's Avatar
    Perhaps asking people to post large/slow loading gifs with the '[spoiler] tag' might help?

Should donate, but I died Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron Probably Shaggy Upper Class Captain Ron's Avatar
    "FUCK THAT" STORY: http://tinyurl.com/m2q292l
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
    Perhaps asking people to post large/slow loading gifs with the '[spoiler] tag' might help?
    Why? The GIF still loads, despite not being visible on the screen.

asshat NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop's Avatar
    I won't report it because it might just be because of my $#@!ty computer, but if $#@! like this is what yall are talking about, then yeah, that $#@! takes forever to load.

dipshit Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers grows his own roses Super Nintendo Chalmers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
    Why? The GIF still loads, despite not being visible on the screen.
    I did not know that. Never mind then, silly suggestion on my part.
    Last edited by Super Nintendo Chalmers; 02-20-2015 at 08:55 PM.

asshat Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme Probably Shaggy Upper Class Beef Supreme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    It's boobs right? I'll wait.

asshat RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM has a gigantic e-peen. RPM's Avatar

Hell, I get the same thing on pic threads of any sort where people are posting multiple pics per post. One page of a thread can have 150+ pictures. Takes forever to load.

asshat NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop Probably Shaggy Upper Class NorthLoop's Avatar
    LF68 should probably make a separate thread for his slow loading gif's. He cripples damn near every page of the lol thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthLoop View Post
    LF68 should probably make a separate thread for his slow loading gif's. He cripples damn near every page of the lol thread now.
    Both the LOL and the Holy $#@! pages are crippling.

How do you post Gfycat again? Almost to the point of starting a specific Gfycat LOL and HS thread just to avoid the bull$#@!.

Sunovabitch HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09 GORN HousHorn09's Avatar
    I won't report it because it might just be because of my $#@!ty computer, but if $#@! like this is what yall are talking about, then yeah, that $#@! takes forever to load.
    Nope, that crazy ass $#@! loaded up instantly. And holy $#@! that was crazy ass kung fu bull$#@!.

Perfect example.

But yeah, once it loaded up, damn, errbody was kung fu fightin', those chicks were fast as lightnin'...
    Last edited by SBBruin; 02-25-2015 at 06:57 PM.

• + Reply to Thread