+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What To Do With A Texas Broil/Beef Chuck Shoulder

asshat TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR's Avatar

What To Do With A Texas Broil/Beef Chuck Shoulder

I have an excess to needs 'Texas Broil' that I pulled out of the freezer this morning to thaw. Was going to make kabobs at the tailgate but our SUV pilot was an idiot and the whole thing was a cluster$#@! (think 'he forgot the tickets at his house').

Anyway, I have this chuck shoulder and need some ideas on how to prepare it. I know it's not a good cut to grill like a steak, but ideally the grill is how I'd like to go- still too warm for cranking up the oven. So that's the first choice. But if there's a better way to make this chuck more edible, I'd love to hear 'em. No problem experimenting and possibly ruining the cut, Star Pizza is nearby.

So, what should I do Shaggy? I can provide documentary food and gun pr0n but no boobs on your recommendation.

asshat HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? HenryJames's Avatar
    Do you have a crock pot?

asshat Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    Cut it up for chili.

asshat Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines slams and goes hard. Austinvines's Avatar
    If you can control the temp on your grill, you should try and do it like a brisket. Kruez sells it as Shoulder Clod and it is pretty damn good. How big is it? Is it shaped like a steak or like a football?

asshat TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR Probably Shaggy Upper Class TOR's Avatar
    No crockpot, but thanks for reminding me to get one.

Chili sounds good, still a little warm though.

It's a cheapie charcoal grill, no temp control. This is kind of the way I want to go but I don't want to stay up all night watching it/tending the grill. Shaped like a steak, btw.

asshat Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses Wiler77 grows his own roses
    What's wrong with your original idea of kabobs? Marinate in some soy/teryaki/pineapple juice/garlic/EVOO/lime juice/whatever, and make kabobs with onions/bell peppers/mushrooms/pineapple/whatever.

Serve on top of your favorite grain, and then you've got a pretty good meal.

Thirsty Virgin Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Hank Scorpio's Avatar
    Carne Guisada.

asshat judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag's Avatar
    Yeah, if you want to "grill it", kabobs is probably the best way to go. I can't think of any other way to grill it.

beef bourguignon.

Cowboys and Texans fan ! tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? tx 3 putt's Avatar
    carne g / chili / kabobs / stew / beef soup

asshat threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets is a rep whore. threesheets's Avatar
    Either this:

or braise it.

Shag's Crazy Uncle Cookie MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? MrPhlegm's Avatar
    liquid smoke + metal turkey + then boil it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhlegm View Post
    I think I have a winner...

asshat Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb grows his own roses Jame Gumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPhlegm View Post
    You have to brine it first.

asshat juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? juz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsoda3 View Post
    beef bourguignon.

this or kabobs

asshat mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2 might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mez2's Avatar
    showin' naked ass in the great state of Texas
    carne guisada ftw

Still haven't decided how to cook it yet, but here's the cut

With a little s&p; TENDERIZE, you sunnuvabitch!
    Last edited by TOR; 09-08-2010 at 07:01 PM.

what're u gonna do with it? i'm gonna suggest boeuf bourguignon again.

asshat judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag GORN judge roybeanbag's Avatar
    Shoulder Clod Portnoy is a good recipe.

Threw it in a marinade of dr. pepper, olive oil, Treebeards hot sauce, soy, diced onion, and garlic salt. Going to let that sit overnight and see what happens when I braise it.

+ Reply to Thread