+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Roger Waters -- The Wall Live

I thought it was incredible, and I'm not a Pink Floyd enthusiast.

Banned clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    I went downtown yesterday to pick up my wife from work, and there must have been 50 semi tractor-trailer trucks parked adjacent to the Toyota Center. I've seen Pink Floyd twice, and by the looks of those trucks, this must have been a similar audio-visual spectacle. I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by clear lake horn View Post
    I went downtown yesterday to pick up my wife from work, and there must have been 50 semi tractor-trailer trucks parked adjacent to the Toyota Center. I've seen Pink Floyd twice, and by the looks of those trucks, this must have been a similar audio-visual spectacle. I'm jealous.
    Typical Pink Floyd laser shows ala DSOTM and Pulse have absolutely nothing on this show. It is one of the most amazing sensory experiences you could ever witness.

arbiter of taste huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge Shaggy Gold Club huge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugthug42 View Post
    Typical Pink Floyd laser shows ala DSOTM and Pulse have absolutely nothing on this show. It is one of the most amazing sensory experiences you could ever witness.
    I saw Floyd/Gilmour show at Alamodome in 94. This production was 10x the spectacle. I've never seen anything like The Wall.

asshat TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser's Avatar
    I wanna go now...

asshat heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoobieWah View Post
    Quite the spectacle.

And Heinhorn, I was about one section to your left on the front row.
    We were on the aisle dead center to the stage 13 rows up...great seats because we were basically at eye level with the wall and had a great perspective of the whole thing. The only negative was the massive power cables running from the ceiling to the soundboard area that kinda blocked the view. You can see the black vertical line in the pictures I posted.

asshat spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? spankytoes's Avatar
    Texas Turncoat in Manhattan; Humblebragging Travel Douche; Dirty Liberal
    I hate all of you. I had to turn down some passes to make my vacation time work this year. Why couldn't he have come on the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by huge View Post
    I saw Floyd/Gilmour show at Alamodome in 94. This production was 10x the spectacle. I've never seen anything like The Wall.
    Damn, that's awesome. I was at the same concert in 94 and was blown away.

asshat DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah Shaggy Gold Club DoobieWah's Avatar
    I been up I been down Take my word I been round
    Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    I saw it at Rice Stadium. That was the show where God added his own special effects...

I have great seats for tomorrow, but I live in Dallas and likely can't make it because of stupid work conflicts. I already Fed-Exed the tix to a friend who is a lifelong Floyd fanatic and he will take his son if I can't make it. I've already seen the show twice (Dallas & London), but REALLY wanted to see it again before it moves to stadiums.

I hate my job.

been looking forward to this for the last 6 months.

asshat lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch's Avatar
    Going for my 2nd time this Thursday as well. I'm dragging the old man along this time. He doesn't understand the album so I wrote him up a quick synopsis going song by song on the relevance and context of each piece. I really hope he reads that $#@! because I don't think he will appreciate it to the full extent if he isn't aware of the themes and knows what's going on.

That being said he's a musician so at least he'll appreciate the musical aspects of it all.

I'm so excited, the last few weeks have been ridiculously overwhelming and this will be a great way to put it all behind me.
    Post please

My brother-in-law has two tickets in section 37 and can't go. He's a teacher and looking to make "market" at $225 each.

asshat TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? TheCruiser's Avatar
    that's how much they cost? $#@!, I feel guilty now.

I'm there in Austin tomorrow. I'm already $#@!ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Post please
    Huge wall of text incoming! This is meant for people who have no familiarity with the album, so folks who are really into it may debate my personal interpretation. This has been based on my thoughts from having listened to the album countless times, documentaries on the album and show, other folk's interpretations, my viewing of recordings of the original tour in 1980 and 1981, my experience with the film, and experiencing the new version of the show last year. I'll provide links to lyrics rather than include them in the post.

Introduction

This document is a quick analysis of Pink Floyd’s The Wall, one of the greatest concept albums of all time. In this document I will list lyrics of each of the songs and describe the context that each song should be taken in, and how the symbolism that may not be clear helps progress the narrative.

Background

The Wall was released in 1979, and was inspired by bassist Roger Waters’ experiences dealing with a rabid fanbase and the psychological destruction that led to Sid Barrett’s ultimate removal from the band. During a tour in the late 1970s, Waters began to loathe the constant act that he had to put on in each new city. He was outraged by the behavior of fans who would simply attend shows to get high and as a result, Waters eventually spat in the face of a sprawling fan who was trying to climb into the stage. The event proved to be quite traumatizing for Waters and helped inspire the idea of building a giant wall in between the audience and musicians at a show. Waters wanted to isolate himself from the fans so he could focus on the music, as he felt that the reaction and behavior of the fans ultimately distracted him from what he felt was important.

Sid Barrett was the original guitarist and visionary behind the band. His involvement with drugs eventually led the other band members to find a replacement, which is where David Gilmour came in. Following the addition of Gilmour, the band gained mainstream attention with the release of Dark Side of the Moon. The experiences with Sid and his psychological collapse is a significant inspiration in almost every album that the band wrote following his departure. The Wall is one of the best depictions of how an individual’s psyche can affect the lives of others around him or her.

Waters ultimately decided to write an album based on his desire to withdraw from others, and the resulting experience helped him realize how much of a negative effect that this behavior can have on an individual. The Wall is Pink Floyd’s most literally deep album, everything said, played, and shown is done for a reason, and as it has a resoundingly powerful message. Unfortunately, it can be extremely confusing at times, so I hope that I can help lead you through the whole album and give context in the ways that each song should be taken.

P.S. The movie sucks, and the show is much much better. It consists of the band starting like a typical show, but as it goes on, a gigantic wall is created between the band and audience, brick by brick. As the wall is being built, images are projected onto the wall, creating an entirely new visual element that replaces that of a typical concert. This show is groundbreaking, and the new version does a wonderful job recreating the impact that the 1980s shows did.

In the early 1980s, the show was only performed a few times, and ultimately was so expensive that the band lost significant amounts of money due to the theatrics involved. Waters has adjusted the show to be more based around politics and how money and war is the source of evils that corrupt people more than the original view of defensive reactions resulting in others to also have to reciprocate, causing a vicious psychological cycle that destroys relationships. This is my favorite album of all time, and I hope that you will be able to appreciate why I see it as such after listening to the album and reading my analysis.

In The Flesh?
    http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/htm...ll-lyrics.html

The Wall opens with abruptly to great fanfare as In The Flesh? plays. We see Pink, the hero of the story as the driving force behind a terrifying fascist political party. The lyrics show how we will delve into the situation to see what has led to Pink’s destruction to cause him to be such a terrible person.

In the original show, the band was not actually on stage during this performance. It was actually a group of session musicians wearing masks that depicted the actual band members’ faces. This was created because Pink Floyd was always a band that had no real recognizable people. Everyone knew who Pink Floyd was, but nobody knew any of the members names, what they looked like, and people always asked which one is Pink? Thinking that the band’s name came from a member’s name.

The image of a mask is clear, and it is a great way to show how things may be different than they seem. A mask is another form of a wall, a way for someone to isolate their true character behind an image of another.

The melodic theme will repeat at a later point in the show, and is part of the driving imperial state that we eventually will get to investigate.

The lyrics state that this isn’t your typical show or album. It is deep, complex, and real, just like the listeners lives, which helps you connect with it better.

At the end of the song, you hear a siren and plane crashing. This is depicting the death of Pink’s father (which takes place in WW2, mirroring Roger Waters’ father’s death). Pink’s father dies before Pink really is able to remember any times shared together.

The Thin Ice

The Thin Ice is a testament to how terrifying birth is and how as young children we are surrounded by countless numbers of dangers. You never know when the world around you will take advantage of you or the things you depend on will be destroyed when you need them most.

At the beginning of the song, you can hear an infant crying. This helps you associate that this is indicative of Pink’s experiences as he was very young.

Another Brick In The Wall Part 1
    http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/htm...ck-1-wall.html

This song is our first introduction to the notion of bricks and the creation of a wall. It describes Pink’s father’s death, and how he has no recollection of him. Pink is upset that his father did this to him and has caused him to grow up with no father figure.

At the end of the song we are introduced to the school teacher. He is a figure that Pink will attempt to use as a surrogate father, but ultimately will find that his idolization is clearly not what he anticipated.

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

This is usually attached to Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, and is the first easily recognizable piece of music from the show. It depicts how Pink’s experiences in school have negatively affected his psyche. Teachers would lash out at their students, making them feel inadequate and useless as a way for the teachers to feel alive and powerful, as at home they are useless to the controlling hand of their wives.

The helicopter at the beginning of the song is a cue sharing how the academic system is a way that big brother helps mold all of its citizens into idealized figures, rather than letting every individual find themselves.

Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
    http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/htm...ck-2-wall.html

This is an anthem sharing how the education system, something that should help raise kids to be powerful and intelligent adults is simply a ruse that ultimately imprisons the imagination and restricts everyone from reaching the pinnacles that they may seek to summit.

Waters was taunted by a teacher in grade school by his lyrics. This is something that he never really got over. Eventually he had the last laugh as he became a multi-millionaire from his lyrical and musical expression. The image of the teacher is one that will be clear during the show. The teacher is depicted as a gigantic hammer, intended to mold children into shape.

The solo at the end of this song is typically regarded as one of the greatest guitar solos of all time.

Mother

Mother is a song that investigates how damaging an overprotective mother’s behavior can have on a child. As you may remember, Pink is being raised without a father, and as a result, his mother clings to him to prevent anything negatively affecting him. Pink has no venue to allow him to think for himself, he has to ask his mother if everything is okay.

The image of the mother is the next great figure in this story. The mother’s arms fold together but slowly mold into brick walls. This allows for her to cradle a child in her arms and allow for the child to be protected from the evils of the world.

Ultimately Pink isn’t given the opportunities to learn how to deal with the real world, and this eventually causes him to make dire decisions instead of allowing him to rationally deal with the situation.

Goodbye Blue Sky

Goodbye Blue Sky is a look into young Pink’s upbringing in a war-time country. He tells of the enormous fleets of bombers darkening the sky to eventually destroy the lives of many others. The metaphor of blue sky is used to depict the lives of people who simply want to live happily on their own. Waters is a pacifist, and this song shows the evils of war and how they affect civilians.

Empty Spaces

Empty Spaces is a dark prelude to how twisted Pink has become. He has built up substantial segments of his wall but is now willing to fill them with the tiniest little issues. This song is legendary due to its depiction in the film. A scene referred to as “Flowers $#@!ing” is displayed on the wall, and it shows how passionate and hateful a relationship can be, all the while being a necessity for not only people's happiness, but also the future of a culture.

Young Lust

Pink has become a rockstar, and is now living the dream. Pink becomes consumed in drug use and sex. He finds comfort in the caress of women around him to feel real, alive, needed and appreciated.

At the end of the song we find out that Pink is actually married, but as he is on tour, he calls his wife but a man answers the phone. It is left up for interpretation if Pink’s behavior caused his wife’s infidelity or if Pink’s behavior is a reaction to a distant and non-responsive wife. The Wife/girlfriend image will appear later as one of the figureheads causing Pink to build up his wall.

This is also another one of the most popular singles from the album.

One Of My Turns

Now we get to see Pink absolutely lose his $#@!. He brings home a groupie from a show but is completely unable to connect with her. Pink no longer has any emotional response to stimuli except for his rage. Eventually out of nowhere, Pink freaks out and begins assaulting the woman that he brought home. Pink apparently has these bad turns that are the first indications of the monster that he will become. In an attempt to feel something, he lashes out at someone who simply wants to share an emotional connection with him.

Don’t Leave Me Now

Pink is ashamed of his behavior and is crying out as he is alone in his suffering. He doesn’t understand why the women that approach him cannot see why he abuses them for his own psychological health. “I need you, babe...To put through the shredder In front of my friends.” Pink is psychotic but reaching out for help, but he doesn’t know how to accept it other than by destroying relationships and physically harming those around him to feel alive.

Another Brick In The Wall Part 3
    http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/htm...ck-3-wall.html

Pink decides that the time has come to close off from the rest of the world. He looks back at all of the things that have ailed him and how they were bricks that eventually made him create the wall. Pink truley belives that nothing out there can possibly help him and he feels that he is completely in control of his life.

Goodbye Cruel World
    http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/htm...orld-wall.html

This is the end of act 1 or CD 1. It marks the completion of Pink’s wall. Pink has decided to lock himself up inside and has now prevented all outside influence from affecting him.

Hey You

Act 2 begins with the wall completely built. An undisclosed amount of time has passed since Goodbye Cruel World, and we now see a helpless Pink begging out for help. Despite his attempts at gaining help, the wall was too high and nobody was able to get in. The worms are a powerful metaphor often used to by Pink Floyd to represent psychological trauma. This is used in Dark Side of the Moon as well. The worms eating into his brain are the physical manifestation of the damages that Pink’s emotional turmoil are causing.

The line “Together we stand, divided we fall” is very touching, because it shows how people locked outside of Pink’s wall are helpless to his fate, despite their desire to aid him during his time of crisis.

This is also another popular single from the album.

Is There Anybody Out There?

Pink knocks on the wall and continues to see if there is anybody around to help pull him out of the grave that he has dug for himself.

Nobody Home

Nobody Home depicts the comatose state that Pink is in. He has created his emotional and psychological wall but still attempts to continue a physical life in the real world. He is no longer able to even tie his shoes, but internally he still feels a flash of goodness inside of him. When he attempts to channel the goodness that still remains in him, he is unable to help himself, as he doesn’t know what to do with it, since he has been encompassed in hate and pain.

Pink discusses his drug use, nicotine stains from smoking, a silver spoon for heroin, and all that he lives for now is his music. Many allusions to Sid Barrett's downfall are present throughout the song.

Vera

Now we investigate the causes of Pink’s tragic situation. He cries out if anyone remembers Vera Lynn, who was an actress and singer who helped Britain acquire war bonds during WW2. One of her most famous songs is “We’ll Meet Again” which tells of how a loving couple will be reacquainted at a later date, either in real life or in heaven as a soldier heads off to war.

Bring The Boys Back Home
    http://www.pink-floyd-lyrics.com/htm...home-wall.html

This song takes a step out of context of the story, and asks the audience if they can see how terrible things like war can be on the lives of everyone. It is a desperate cry for people to stop fighting, and to allow folks in the military to be available in the upbringing of their children. You probably will cry during this part of the show...Waters is a great showman and has some powerful imagery behind him for this.

Comfortably Numb

Comfortably Numb is one of the most recognizable songs from this album. It depicts Pink being addressed by a doctor as he administers some drug therapy. Pink has come so dependent on drugs to keep him alive that he can no longer feel anything but pain, and his medicine allows him to feel comfortable, numbing away his pain.

Pink associates the comfort of his drug to experiences he remembers from his innocent childhood. Pink clearly still associates himself as a child and feels that his emotional development has been arrested by the world he was birthed into and forced him to create his wall.

The 2nd guitar solo in the song is also often considered one of the greatest ever performed.

The Show Must Go On

Here we are given a glimpse that Pink is still saveable. He has a desire to be good again and to be freed from his prison, but has no idea how to handle it. He begs out for help to anyone who can hear him.

The message can be paralleled between the chance that Pink can break out through the wall and Pink's need for drugs to be able to allow him to continue his public persona.

In The Flesh

In The Flesh (no question mark) brings us back to the beginning of the show. Remember how Pink had become a fascist $#@!? Now we are back there again. In the absence of Pink’s sanity, he has taken advantage of his popularity of a rockstar to become a political figure. You see how his extremist ideals oppress those around him, ultimately causing them to all build up their own walls. This is where the theme of cycles really becomes apparent. As one person oppresses others, they become defensive, and if you become too defensive, you will spiral into a terrible situation that will ultimately cause you to lash out at others, forcing them to become defensive.

Run Like Hell

This song shows the oppression that Pink and his party enact on those he controls. The image of a hammer is wonderful because it can be used to build and destroy things. The head drives nails while the tail removes them. Government is typically seen as a figure of creating harmony, but Waters shows how this isn’t always the case, and how Pink’s implementation of government is quite destructive.

Waiting For The Worms

Pink is continuously falling into insanity. As he leads his minions through a scourge of the world around him, Pink continues to follow the worms, or his psychosis into sacrificing others for his “cause”.

Pink has effectively become a figure similar to Hitler, who Pink blames as the cause of his father’s death. Everything is cyclical.

Stop

Stop! Is Pink’s waking call. He realizes that he is waging war against the world and is completely powerless. He cries out for a chance to start over, let him be free. His isolation has caused him to be a drone that destroys harmony and happiness. Pink is ready to face the responsibility of his action, and is ready to deal with anything in order to be free again.

The Trial

The Trial is the battle between Pink’s conscience and soul whether he deserves to be set free from his prison. We see visits from the figures that helped build his wall, the teacher, mother, and girlfriend. Each figure feels that they can fix him by oppressing him in the manner they most enjoy, but Pink knows that somehow there is a way that he can fix himself.

He knows that he built the wall, but cries out that he must have made a door to allow him to get out.

The girlfriend is depicted as a praying mantis for her ferocity and terrorizing influence on Pink’s life.

The Judge is depicted as an actual $#@!. Waters is obviously making a statement about the law and how it can be complete $#@! at times.

Finally the judge decides that Pink needs to face the world and the problems he has caused, and forces him to tear down his wall. Upon this command the wall in the show physically collapses, and we once again are able to see the band.

Outside The Wall

Outside the Wall declares how we alienate those that are trying to help us when we build up our walls. Despite anything that our delusions may be telling us, they are simply trying to help us. When you are defensive and building up your defenses, you may not realize how hard others are trying to help you, and this is a wonderful close to the show, with a strong message to listen to those who love you.

To finish the cycles theme, as the song ends, you will hear the line “Isn’t this where...” RIGHT before the track ends. If you immediately start track 1, “In The Flesh?” you will hear that the very first thing spoken is “...where we came in?”. This is because as people build up their walls, they ultimately cause others to do the same, and a spiral begins.
    Last edited by Jugthug42; 05-03-2012 at 05:51 AM.

Thank you for the write up. I am a huge fan, but never really looked into the wall as a whole.

asshat bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb is a rep whore. bnb's Avatar
    Damn id like to see this but at 200 bucks and while i was searching for tickets jimmy buffet is 200 bucks. When did going to a concert become a vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by goofyboy View Post
    Thank you for the write up. I am a huge fan, but never really looked into the wall as a whole.
    No problem! Something about this album really speaks to me.

Banned clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? clear lake horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge?
    Quote Originally Posted by HornsN04 View Post
    Me too. I was the only guy there not on hallucinogenics.

Cares not for beans Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles's Avatar
    $#@!in stoked. Saw it last year in Houston. If you asked me anytime if I'd pay $150 to see The Wall in my hometown, I'd be down. Sitting at brick oven on red river, beer time. Heaven

And I jizzed in my pants.

The additions since Houston in 2010 are awesome!

Can't express in words how amazing this show is.

asshat flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco grows his own roses flaco's Avatar
    mind. blown.

asshat lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch Shaggy Gold Club lurch's Avatar
    I've never seen anything remotely like that... Fantastic performance

Cares not for beans Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles Shaggy Gold Club Homercles's Avatar
    Can't believe the FEC would actually be a good venue. Section 38 and much more intimate than what I saw in Houston 2010. Awesome.

asshat Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Old96er's Avatar
    Best show I have ever seen and I would never be mistaken as a huge fan. Sad day because I saw a show I'm not sure I will see topped with these eyes.

Way more than a concert. Just wowi

asshat hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. hookemATL is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn.

For good measure.

Such a better experience sitting close to the stage, chills the whole night. Bringing back the Stuka was an excellent touch. Roger in good form. Will always suck not having David on top of that wall but oh well. Completely drained today, had to get up at 5am this morning.

Ever since I'd read about the original Wall shows, I'd been dying to find good footage of it and thought I'd enjoy it better than the movie. Both times I've seen this show it was an excellent treat for this Floyd fan and a top notch way to close out Roger's career. I can't imagine he's going to tour anymore after this, and I'd much rather it be going out with his opus vs something like Pros and Cons.

Been rewatching my videos all morning. Nothing will likely ever top that spectacle for a show.

asshat dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia's Avatar
    bad. $#@!ing. ass. what a show.

asshat JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip's Avatar
    I been to a $#@! load of shows in my time but that had to be my favorite. Holy $#@!!!! I want to go again.

Obviously didn't bring my SLR but a few crap pics

Pre-Show

ABItW w/ Teacher

Mother

Goodbye Blue Sky was epic, epic, epic...B52's dropping dollar signs, McD's logos, religious symbols, etc

During intermission saw them moving some of the bricks around

Show so many videos I ran out of space towards the end

Greatness last night. Thanks Roger.

asshat dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. dirtonia's Avatar
    A few $#@!ty phone pics:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, bitches

What was the name of the dude that sang comfortably numb? Didn't roger sing most of it on the first leg of the tour (Dallas at least)?

The Gilmour parts were song by Robbie Wyckoff, and as far as I am aware has always sung the same parts since the beginning of the tour. At least he sang all of those parts at the Houston show in 2010.

It makes me so happy to see people who aren't huge Pink Floyd fans having a wonderful time at the show, it has had a huge impact on me and I love to see other people so moved by it all.

Here are some funny comparison pictures of my seats from my two viewings.
    Houston Show:

Austin Show:

Houston show I bought the tickets myself, so I could only afford the cheapest ones available. Turns out I was on the VERY back row of the Toyota center, and as you can see, the left third of the wall was blocked by a goddamn handicap seating platform. I literally had the worst seats in the house. They were purchased the very first day that sales opened too, lol...

This time my dad purchased the tickets, and we were 4 rows up from the floor. The seats were amazing...It is so funny the things you are given access to with a real income. =D

Also, does anyone know who the bleeding eye girl is on Don't Leave Me Now? She looks remarkably like Teagan Presley...

I got a kick about hearing old school Pink Floyd fans talking about other shows that they had been to (that weren't The Wall Live) and they had no idea what they were about to be a part of.

It makes me so happy to see people who aren't huge Pink Floyd fans having a wonderful time at the show, it has had a huge impact on me and I love to see other people so moved by it all.

I got a kick about hearing old school Pink Floyd fans talking about other shows that they had been to (that weren't The Wall Live) and they had no idea what they were about to be a part of.
    Your write up helped a lot, thanks again!

What are some major differences between the old show and this?

asshat Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Pimphand's Avatar
    Heading out to San Francisco to see the show at AT&T park this time next week.

This will make my 7th Roger Waters concert.

2000 In The Flesh - Houston
    2006 Dark Side of the Moon - Cleveland
    2006 Dark Side of the Moon - Seattle
    2007 Dark Side of the Moon - Toronto
    2010 The Wall - Houston
    2012 The Wall - Houston
    2012 The Wall - San Francisco

Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by lurch View Post
    Your write up helped a lot, thanks again!

What are some major differences between the old show and this?
    The old show is much less political. There were no huge anti-government or anti-corporate messages.

The projection is almost completely different. The older animated scenes, like the flowers $#@!ing, parts of goodbye blue sky, and the trial were from the original show, but they have all been updated to extend across the wall. The wall itself wasn't nearly as big, and they would often project the same scenes three times over across the wall rather than having one huge continuous scene.

All of the Gerald Scarf animations that are in the film are the main projections that were displayed. When those weren't being shown, the wall was blank. Like in comfortably numb the wall was completely blank the entire time.

The hotel stage that comes out of the wall was in the original, that has basically remained unchanged.

Waters was much less involved with the performance, he wasn't all over the place pantomiming like he does now. He still wore the jacket and with the hammer armband and all, and during comfortably numb he was dressed in a lab coat like a doctor out front trying to talk to pink who was on the other side of the wall.

There are some videos on youtube, the quality is very poor on all of them though. Here's one with most of the first act.

You can see the surrogate band wearing the life-masks in these you can see they look a bit stange, that part is pretty cool, but overall the wall isn't used as a visual platform nearly as much as it is in the new show. The 2nd act makes better use of it, but still there are plenty of times when there's nothing going on other than the band playing.

Here is Run Like Hell. In the new show you have the the awesome draperies and all where here its just blank.

The new show really really adds a ton to the experience. I want to say the Trial and Waiting for the Worms are the only two parts that retain the main idea from the original show in terms of the projected images.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimphand View Post
    Heading out to San Francisco to see the show at AT&T park this time next week.

This will make my 7th Roger Waters concert.

2000 In The Flesh - Houston
    2006 Dark Side of the Moon - Cleveland
    2006 Dark Side of the Moon - Seattle
    2007 Dark Side of the Moon - Toronto
    2010 The Wall - Houston
    2012 The Wall - Houston
    2012 The Wall - San Francisco

Can't wait
    I want to be you.

My wife loved it. Her favorite Floyd album is Division Bell...I don't blame her for that. She was enthralled and asked tons of right question on the way home, I was proud.

What killed me was the guys behind me who got drunk and loud, saying 'that sounds like led zeppelin dude they totally stole it'. Thinking back to the In The Flesh tour at Montreal...fans like that are what planted te seed of the wall in the first place.

asshat HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? HookMD's Avatar
    That show was second only to the 2001 San Antonio Tool show, where I had a pseudo-religious epiphany (without drugs, in case you were wondering). This show was simply amazing and I am so glad I had the opportunity to see it. The Wall has been one of my favorite albums, since I was 15 or 16. If you have a chance to see this, do not miss it.

Dirtonia, or anyone else above. Has anyone sat in seats similar to section 215 in the diagram below? Going to throw down on some tickets for this, and the best I can get that aren't on the floor are in section 215. So you think this would be a good view of everything? Last time I was in a section more like 253 and was very happy. When I walked further up the stairs at one point, it just seemed more epic though. So maybe every seat is good. I could go for floor, but man it will be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by thekube View Post
    Dirtonia, or anyone else above. Has anyone sat in seats similar to section 215 in the diagram below? Going to throw down on some tickets for this, and the best I can get that aren't on the floor are in section 215. So you think this would be a good view of everything? Last time I was in a section more like 253 and was very happy. When I walked further up the stairs at one point, it just seemed more epic though. So maybe every seat is good. I could go for floor, but man it will be expensive.

My seats for the austin show were at about the section 214-213 area in your diagram. They were wonderful. If you look a few posts up where I have a picture of my seats you can get an idea of what the view will be like, just imagine you're a bit closer.

There's still a decent amount of space between the front of the stage and the Wall, so I don't think you'll have any line of sight issues or anything.

Eddie this is BC Place in Vancouver. Wife and I are going to BC for Memorial Day Weekend, and it turns out Waters is hitting Vancouver on Saturday the 26th. Do you know anything about the size of this place relative to plays like Erwin Center/Toyota Center?

For the most part, almost any seat will be decent, and the farther back you are doesn't necessarily mean the seats are worse. Just try to avoid being behind the mixing booth, that's where the thick wire leading up to the projectors is and I think that would be annoying.

asshat SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin GORN SBBruin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Homercles View Post
    What killed me was the guys behind me who got drunk and loud, saying 'that sounds like led zeppelin dude they totally stole it'.
    I very likely would have punched him in the face.

As mentioned earlier, went fall of 2010 at Staples. Epic beyond words. But he's coming again in 2 weeks to the Coliseum. Stadium shows suck. Last stadium show I went to was Pink Floyd (Gilmour version) in the early 90's at the Rose Bowl. Great music, but too damn big. You lose too much. I vowed then to never go to a stadium show again.

asshat Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite grows his own roses Mr.Dolemite's Avatar
    Roger Waters profiled on 60 minutes in a few minutes.

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    Just left the show and I have lots of thoughts, but basically wow. Outstanding.

asshat Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock Shaggy Gold Club Buzzrock's Avatar
    View from the floor

asshat UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech grows his own roses UTCzech's Avatar
    goin' down the grade makin' 90 miles an hour
    Bump.

"Roger Waters The Wall" doc premiers next month at Toronto film festival

A rib-rattling, sonically stupendous document of the Pink Floyd frontman’s continent-crossing concert tour with his epic stage show The Wall Live.

Fans of Roger Waters and Pink Floyd's monumental The Wall, get ready. This immersive experience of Waters's The Wall Live tour, shot in three cities across two continents, is a rib-rattling, sonically stupendous piece of filmmaking. With its 500-foot set, which is gradually built throughout the show into the famed wall, the ambitious and immensely successful concert production features one of the most iconic pieces of extended imagination that rock 'n' roll ever produced, and will remind many of the sheer ambition and scope of music in the 1970s, the era in which it was first created.

Waters, from whose head the original Wall emerged, has, along with co-director Sean Evans, made a film that captures his original vision completely. Sumptuously shot so as not to miss anything the show had to offer, Roger Waters The Wall is also beautifully mixed so that these live renditions of the album's many anthems sound crystal-clear and vibrantly present.

But the film, like the piece of music on which it is based, is also drenched in Waters's politics and memories. Scarred by the fact that his father was killed in action in Italy in 1944, when Roger was not yet six months old, his work is a plea for peace and understanding — as "walls" create fear, misunderstanding, and often lead to war and death. Roger Waters The Wall includes a highly personal and moving journey through France and Italy as Waters visits the WWI cemetery in which his grandfather, killed in 1916, is buried, and the monument near the Anzio beaches on which his father's name is inscribed. On the hundredth anniversary of the First World War's outbreak, this film shows that art so often springs from memory — and we can never forget.

+ Reply to Thread