Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman shows up at my house with wine

Banned Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel's Avatar

Woman shows up at my house with wine

She lives close. She rang my door bell. I answered it. She had brought a bottle of wine and 2 glasses. We sat in chairs on my deck and talked for a couple of hours. We had a good time talking (and drinking).

But, she has a boyfriend and they are planning to move out of town together.

I didn't know what to think -- Why is this woman showing up at my house at 10 o'clock at night?

asshat TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TEXAS SOB's Avatar
    she wants to know how to ask a woman out on a date?

bunghole Mr Bean is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Mr Bean is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Mr Bean is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Mr Bean is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Mr Bean is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Mr Bean is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Mr Bean's Avatar
    In the first post of the Official 2010 Texas Rangers Thread
    booty call?

For $#@!. Or, for discussion about another man's $#@!. It really depends on what you say and do when a woman rings one's doorbell with a bottle of wine and two glasses at 10:00. It can go either way.

Banned Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel Grendel's Avatar
    Yeah, she's a cutie. She gave me two big hugs when she left about midnight or so.

Maybe she was just drunk.

I suppose I will have to ask her out for an interesting activity, music event, or a meal.

But, I was just surprised that she showed up on my doorstep with red wine and glasses at a moderately late hour.

I was a bit confused, but I will almost never turn away the company of a woman.

It was a little odd though since I have known her for a couple of years.

I don't know, maybe she is rethinking about her move to California with her current boyfriend.

And, she invited me to a party at a neutral location scheduled 2 weeks from now. -- Is she "switching shoes" now, or is it that we're just friends?

asshat Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps Shaggy Gold Club Scraps's Avatar
    I will give it to you.....you got balls for posting this

I will now sit over here and watch the show

asshat Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper's Avatar
    maybe she's getting cold feet, or is trying to sabotage her relationship. shes moving away, might as well make a move. keep your louisville slugger handy for the boyfriend though.

thanks obama jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt's Avatar
    you had a chancce and you grendelled it. you slow-played, or no-plpayed, a wolf situation. she was looking for some strange before she moved in w/ homeboy.

asshat longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan's Avatar
    I was a bit confused, but I will almost never turn away the company of a woman.
    Are there times that you turn down the company of a women?

Wait, are you even single?

asshat CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname grows his own roses CleverNickname's Avatar
    I can honestly say every time a woman has brought a bottle of wine for just the two of us it led to sex.

Since the wine didn't work, maybe she will set it up next time so that a ton of bricks actually falls on your head.

asshat AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman Shaggy Gold Club AbeFroman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Since the wine didn't work, maybe she will set it up next time so that a ton of bricks actually falls on your head.
    how in the hell do I keep coming up as guest? You would think a guy with 10 posts would have a little pull around here

Follow the same steps that you did when you stalked this woman:

So, there's someone I like ... and I'm not sure what to do.

I suppose the obvious answer is that I should just ask her if she'd like to spend a couple of hours with me some evening.

I guess I need to get my cojones in order.

I've known this woman for about 2 years. I remember where we met -- Scholtz's. A friend and I talked to her for a few minutes and we both turned away and said "wow." I didn't see her for a couple of years but then I worked fairly closely with her for the last 4 months ... but we were in a work relationship so I couldn't ask her out.

I don't know what most people think is the most important thing in their life is, but for me it has usually been relationships with women (and of course family relationships are important). ... other than golf ...

I don't know what she's like now, but she's #1 in my heart, ahead of my ex-wife and other primary girlfriend. There was another woman who I would put as #2 in the list of 4, but that's another story.

This potential woman seems like she could be the 5th significant woman in my life.

Like I said, I have her cell phone number and personal e-mail address, so it's not like she hasn't been willing to give me personal information.

This woman looks like a "keeper." But, who knows? She may dump me in 4 months. I'm older ... she's younger ... but she's also in her 30's, law school grad, and never been married.

Yes, I probably am overthinking this. Ok, here's another kicker -- she's one of my 3 references on my "one page" resume (edit: that's a joke from another thread)... so, maybe I ought to just leave it alone. It's complicated. Well, I could have other references on my resume but she's a good one. However, if I asked her out I think I would have to replace her with someone else.

For some closure and potential explanation, I worked with this woman for about 300 hours of overtime in a 4-month span. Primarily, we have had a professional relationship. That's not to say that we didn't have lunches and dinners together, along with other staffers. And not that we didn't spend much time in each other's office just talking about random $#@! when work was slow.

It's just weird to make the transition from a work relationship to a personal relationship, though now I suppose I could.

And, I do exchange e-mail with her almost every day. We're making the transition to a personal relationship, though it's not like you can snap your fingers and change things in a day or a week or a month for that matter. It's mostly always going to be about work.

And I think that those of you who poo poo the value of a job reference probably haven't been in the working world that long. Until I secure my next job assignment, I need her mostly as a job reference rather than a date.

I'll be sarcastic ... "oh, ok, we've just been working our asses off on politics and public policy for 4 months, so let's get into a relationship." I'm sorry, but I just don't see it working like that.

Obviously, several of you think I'm wrong, but I know where she works and she's not going anywhere. I have time.

So, no, I haven't asked her out at this point. And as I said earlier, it's a little more complicated than just saying "ask her out."

I asked her to lunch and offered to bring her the food of her choice tomorrow if she wanted. She likes Whole Foods. I also asked her if she wanted to go to Blues on the Green as someone suggested above.

No, she's very cool. She's a lawyer. She's very smart. She's also very personable. And like I said, we used to hang out in each other's offices for a half hour at a time and just talk.

But it was work, so we couldn't really talk about personal relationships with the fear of a sexual harassment lawsuit constantly hanging over our heads.

It's only 10 a.m. and I haven't received a response to my e-mail. I wouldn't expect anything before 5 p.m. My schedule is probably not going to get me to her office today.

No.

And at this point I don't think she's going to ... at least not with regard to my request for lunch, Blues on the Green, or something else she would like to do.

I guess it's just going to be a work relationship. So ... ok.

I called her personal line at work and left a very brief voice mail saying that going to lunch would be nice. I called another guy at work and he said that she was on the phone. I believe that he was telling the truth.

I suppose I'll ball-up tomorrow and make time just to go chat with her at work.

Well, she and I work in the same environment. I'll be seeing her fairly regularly.

I'm not closing the door on any potential future relationship. I'm going to try again later, maybe in a couple of weeks or so.

I'll just try to figure out a better approach.

As I referenced in an earlier post, you have to put out effort to pursue and achieve what you want. Maybe she's the kind of person that wants me to ask about 5 times before she says yes. ... I'm ok with that ... and that's what I'm going to do. She seems worth it.

And, as I said earlier, she was sort of my supervisor and sort of not, she hired me, but she gave me a job to do but had little oversight of how I did that job. She just trusted me to do my job. And I did it ... pretty damn well I think.

One of the few things that is funny, is that we had some important business to do ... we had to liaison with another group of people ... she simply told me to go ask several specific questions ... and she told me to go ask the questions for 5 days in a row because we wanted to make sure that we did things right.

Yes, I know ... I've done what I can do ... and I'm not going to ask her out again as I said earlier.

We'll continue to have a work relationship and she'll be a great reference for me for future jobs.

I thought I might go talk to her on Monday. I decided not to do that. I sent her one freakin' e-mail. It's Friday now and I haven't "stalked" her. So, no, I don't think I'm obsessing at all.

I have rose bushes. I would have 15-20 roses every week. The women in the office liked having them on their desks. And, instead of just letting them die on the vine, I would bring them into the office.

Maybe I'll go to her work tomorrow and grab a grapefruit juice out of the fridge and ask her again if she'd like to have a sandwich for lunch. I have a couple of nice red roses in my front yard. Maybe I'll take one in.

I would have 15-25 roses on my bushes in my front yard every week. It was cool to see the roses when I pulled into my driveway, but I figured that the people at work would like having roses to put on their desks (guys too). So, I would cut them and take them into work.

Everybody loved receiving them.

I really don't understand why some of you think this is weird.

And of course, regarding the main topic of this thread .... sure ..., I'm trying to show this woman that I'm a thoughtful guy.

I won't be asking this woman out again anytime soon (unless the Magic 8 Ball tells me otherwise).

However, I probably will drop a rose off at her desk (and for the rest of the staff) tomorrow or the next day. ... Not as some sort of dating thing ... but the staff knows that I grow roses.

We'll see.

But now, I've decided to wait until Christmas and buy her a Guns and Roses CD, and tie a little toy tricycle into a bow tie knot and slip a black long-stem rose through it as wrapping paper.

Here's another funny one for y'all to play with -- her birthday is April Fool's Day.

Although mine is Aug. 10 (a couple weeks away), if anyone wants to get something for me.

I realize y'all are just having your fun, but one e-mail and one phone call in two weeks is not stalking.

Grendel, do you just make this stuff up? A woman shows up at your house at 10 PM with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses and you're not sure what it means?

Jesus.

thanks obama jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt has a gigantic e-peen. jt's Avatar
    amazing, since he's an expert in every other aspect of life. chicks and car batteries excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by longhrnfan
    No he isn't single. He's been divorced and he's dated a couple people in the past, which obviously translates into not currently single.

Quote Originally Posted by wild_turkey
    Quote Originally Posted by longhrnfan
    No he isn't single. He's been divorced and he's dated a couple people in the past, which obviously translates into not currently single.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel
    Ak, is this question for me?

good $#@! - here's your choices:

a) currently married
    b) currently dating someone
    c) single

just pick one.
    b)

1. Wrong forum

2. This is not real.

asshat NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX Shaggy Gold Club NCAAFBALLROX's Avatar
    Jesus built my car. Its a love affair. Mainly Jesus and my hot rod.

Re: Woman shows up at my house with wine

Why is this woman showing up at my house at 10 o'clock at night?
    What... a couple of women can't enjoy a nice bottle of Chianti now & then without people getting the wrong idea?

asshat Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    Quote Originally Posted by jt
    amazing, since he's an expert in every other aspect of life. chicks and car batteries excluded.
    That's gonna leave a mark.

Banned mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses mini-baller grows his own roses

Re: Woman shows up at my house with wine

Quote Originally Posted by NCAAFBALLROX
    Why is this woman showing up at my house at 10 o'clock at night?
    What... a couple of women can't enjoy a nice bottle of Chianti now & then without people getting the wrong idea?

asshat Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22's Avatar
    If you had played your cards right, you would be posting in NSAA about how you got pooper. But noooooo, you can't seem to stop holding yourself back.

NAACP National Champ Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks GORN Snacks's Avatar
    Dude, you are like high school sports on a Sunday in July... No game.

She has a "boyfriend" and they're planning on moving out of town together? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierHorn
    Dude, you are like high school sports on a Sunday in July... No game.

mm, a little strung out and lengthy. but you stuck the landing. i give it a 6.5.

asshat Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    Quote Originally Posted by jt
    you had a chancce and you grendelled it. you slow-played, or no-plpayed, a wolf situation. she was looking for some strange before she moved in w/ homeboy.
    If this thread was legit, then this is the right answer.

But this isn't legit.

It has been a while since Praise on First Grendel has been the center of attention around here.

Back when Shaggy was in its infancy, we focued on him for a while. But the board has evolved and moved onto other things.

I guess Praise on First Grendel is looking for some love.

why the $#@! is this a thread?

asshat naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo is a rep whore. naked_bongo's Avatar
    Dude, if you're gonna talk $#@! about someone, at least be man or woman enough to register.

possible cretin

hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain's Avatar
    holy mother of god

i am $#@!ing ASHAMED it took me 12 hours to find this.

Jazz,

Grendel, do you just make this stuff up? A woman shows up at your house at 10 PM with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses and you're not sure what it means?
    Apparently, people in my neighborhood have a different sense of ~~ community ~~ than the people in yours. Things like this happen all of the time, though usually it's her boyfriend that brings things by.

He grows his own produce, so he stops by and brings zucchinis, and cucumbers and things, along with ~~ home made wine ~~ so I have sat with him often and told him stories of my travels. He tried to kiss me once, so I think he might be bisexual, but I didn't reciprocate. The home made wine wasn't ~ that ~ good. I don't see why this is a big deal to you people. Sexuality is something to be embraced between two people, not to be shunned.

jt,

You continue to speak out of your ass. I have never claimed to be an expert in anything except the legislative process, literature, classic Greek architecture, democracy, nation building, rose gardening, international politics, travel, social interaction, Spanish, mandarin Chinese, and Italian. Li godo. Ciò non è errata. That is Italian, just so you know.

Turkey,

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand. When I check a box on any type of application that asks it, I check "divorced," not " ~~ single. ~~

Dallas,

1. Wrong forum
    I always have difficulty deciding which forum to post in. If this thread is in an incorrect place, I apologize. Unlike others on this forum, I can admit when I am wrong.

possible cretin

hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain Shaggy Gold Club hitbyatrain's Avatar
    Yeah, she's a cutie. She gave me two big hugs when she left about midnight or so.
    please, god post pictures

wait, did grendel say he wasn't praise of folly?

interesting.

asshat Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22 Shaggy Gold Club Eastwood22's Avatar
    So if he is bi, then there is an opportunity for some DP...

asshat MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan Shaggy Gold Club MilkmanDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise of Folly
    Apparently, people in my neighborhood have a different sense of ~~ community ~~ than the people in yours. Things like this happen all of the time, though usually it's her boyfriend that brings things by.

He grows his own produce, so he stops by and brings zucchinis, and cucumbers and things, along with ~~ home made wine ~~ so I have sat with him often and told him stories of my travels. He tried to kiss me once and slip me the zucchini, so I think he might be bisexual, but I didn't reciprocate.
    Yeah, that's a different sense of community than my neighborhood.

asshat DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. DieUCLA98's Avatar
    The grendel bashing continues...

Its getting to the point where the people bashing/impersonating him are as annoying as the man himself...

possible cretin

GOLD, JERRY, GOLD!

asshat Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper is a rep whore. Viper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Praise of Folly[/b]]
    Not this again.

Quote Originally Posted by MilkmanDan
    Quote Originally Posted by Praise of Folly

He grows his own produce, so he stops by and brings zucchinis, and cucumbers and things, along with ~~ home made wine ~~ so I have sat with him often and told him stories of my travels. He tried to kiss me once and slip me the zucchini, so I think he might be bisexual, but I didn't reciprocate.
    Yeah, that's a different sense of community than my neighborhood.
    $#@!ing allsome

Quote Originally Posted by DieUCLA98
    The grendel bashing continues...

Its getting to the point where the people bashing/impersonating him are as annoying as the man himself...
    That's the first Praise of Folly sighting in a long time. That's not grendel by the way.

Leanin' ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53's Avatar
    goddamnit...

asshat The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower grows his own roses The Tower's Avatar

holy $#@!. I really don't know if this deserves classics or the fail board

First, let me say that the situation was a bit out of the ordinary. I'll try to describe things below.

Second, I don't post under Praise of Folly here; just Grendel. That person who posted under PoF is just another Internet douchebag. And, he probably ought to be banned but I understand that they don't do that here. Oh well.

Scraps,
    I will give it to you.....you got balls for posting this
    Yes, I am a glutton for punishment. I expect the abuse and ~somewhat~ accept it. It was midnight when she left. She has lived next door to me for about 3.5 years and had to go to work in the morning, so it's not like we were going to be rabbits and f-word till 4 a.m.

Viper
    maybe she's getting cold feet, or is trying to sabotage her relationship. shes moving away, might as well make a move. keep your louisville slugger handy for the boyfriend though.
    I am fairly sure that is what is she is thinking. I agree that she is getting cold feet about moving to California.

I still have the Louisville Slugger, though it is aluminum; not wood. I have met the boyfriend. He's a cool dude as far as I can tell. We have "block parties" every couple of months when everyone brings some sort of food and some brews.
    As an aside, she asked me about résumé and job interview advice since she will be looking for a new job. Sorry, I just had to throw that in.
    Fan,
    Are there times that you turn down the company of a women?
    Yes, some women are bat$#@! crazy. I try to avoid them. So, when someone knocked on my door at 10 p.m., I unlocked my door (yes, the door was locked) because I knew it was going to be a neighbor. She brought the wine, but she didn't bring bread, however, she did bring herself. We had a good time.

LadyFriend
    Have you always been a confidant, or at least a platonic friendly face? She may have just wanted someone she could trust to talk to.

Has there been any undercurrent or open flirtation leading up to this? The wine makes me think she wanted more than just a friend.
    Well, we have lived next door to each other for several years. We talk almost on a daily basis. We have similar political, religious, philosophical, and family perspectives. But, she has been my neighbor and very congenial so I did not want to mess it up -- and she has a boyfriend of many years and I don't like to intervene in those situations. I think she just wanted to talk, release, and vent a little.

Jazz
    A woman shows up at your house at 10 PM with a bottle of wine and 2 glasses and you're not sure what it means?
    She's my neighbor; about 50 yards away which is about a half pitching wedge, you might call it a chip shot. We talk almost every day. But, as an earlier poster said, she might have been wanting to talk to someone she trusted.

po,
    wait, did grendel say he wasn't praise of folly?
    I am PoF on HF but I am only Grendel on SB. That other poster who has claimed my name and posted under it is just another jackass impersonator who thinks he/she is funny.

Starman
    That's the first Praise of Folly sighting in a long time. That's not grendel by the way.

Leanin' ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53 Shaggy Gold Club ldogg53's Avatar
    man this thread is like watching two old people $#@!...

possible cretin

good $#@! - here's your choices:

a) currently married
    b) currently dating someone
    c) single

just pick one.
    b)
    Oh snap, I missed this one. Grendel's currently dating?

asshat bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns grows his own roses bigup2dahorns's Avatar
    wow, just found this thread

if a woman shows up late at nite at your place with wine, this is when you take out your 4-iron and show her your skillz

possible cretin

Quote Originally Posted by bigup2dahorns
    wow, just found this thread

if a woman shows up late at nite at your place with wine, this is when you take out your 4-iron and show her your skillz
    or show her your vacation slides

asshat Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Blain's Avatar
    f-word

I should not be, but I am amazed.

Closed Thread