+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid 2011-2012: The Road to Trophy 10

asshat Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned's Avatar
    Inter were very lucky to survive against Barcelona. The first leg was a total joke in terms of officiating (ironic, considering Barca's recent history) and then Mourinho basically sent his team into a shell during the second leg. It's tough to win when you have 9-10 players playing defensive-minded football against you for the entire game. After Inter's sendoff (lolbusquets), JM literally ran a 4-5-0. With no passing lanes to exploit, Barca's offense stagnated. Had they not lost 3-1 in the first leg, they surely would have advanced.
    Last edited by Bodowned; 08-29-2011 at 01:32 PM.

asshat Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by In10se View Post
    Then you were never a Barca fan, $#@!.
    What would you call it when you root for a team because a player you really like went there? I root for the Seahawks/Mariners because I live in Seattle and they are my local teams, does that not make me a fan?

You can take your stupid fandom rules and go and eat $#@!s. K?

asshat 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar's Avatar
    Tons of new soccer posters in here over the past couple years. Nice. Maybe we ll get our own forum someday soon??? Did anyone else see the CL group draw and the award given to Messi? Cristiano looked SO uncomfortable up there next to Xavi and Messi. You could totally tell dude was sick of hearing about Barca and what geniuses they are lol. Ronny has a hard time masking his displeasure. I wonder if he regrets leaving United where he was King, only to go to Spain and be in the shadow of Messi.

asshat JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaville View Post
    I do think Inter was better at parking the bus than we are though. Hopefully some combination of aggressiveness like in first supercopa leg and Copa del rey and defensive a la Inter will work.
    ur forgetting about something very important, the fact that Real Madrid will end up with at most 10 players by the end of the match. $#@!in referees.

asshat 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar is a Model Citizen 281_allstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JNip View Post
    ur forgetting about something very important, the fact that Real Madrid will end up with at most 10 players by the end of the match. $#@!in referees.
    Well to be fair, what are the refs supposed to do, ignore every single one of Barcas pussy flops and dramatic dives? When it happens so frequently theyre bound to call one of them.

asshat Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bodowned's Avatar
    Not everyone on Barcelona flops. Just Pedro, Busquets, Mascherano, Alves, and Adriano. :P

asshat WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club WBT Shaggy Gold Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JNip View Post
    Buncha choir boys on Madrid. Clearly Marcelo got all ball against Fabregas.

asshat hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. hobbes2702's Avatar
    Shut that cunt's mouth or I'll come over there and fuckstart her head
    No one was claiming that they are choir boys. They foul just as much as anyone and they have had some dirty plays recently against Barca. However when everytime they play Barca they get at least one weak red card it makes a huge difference. No one can make a logical argument that Barca doesn't flop. When Pepe gets a red in the Champions League when replays showed he didn't even make contact with Dani Alves it is a problem and proof of Barcelona taking advantage of poor officiating.

asshat JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WBT View Post
    Buncha choir boys on Madrid. Clearly Marcelo got all ball against Fabregas.
    nobody is whining about the red cards that deserved to be called red cards. Marcelo deserved that and I hope he pays for it. $#@!in embarrassing $#@! to see that from a fan.

oh... and sergio ramos deserved his red card too back in the 5-0.
    Last edited by JNip; 08-31-2011 at 12:14 AM.

p.s.

Chelsea, Inter, and Arsenal agree with Madrid. Just saying.

As if Ronaldo isn't prone to diving.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodowned View Post
    As if Ronaldo isn't prone to diving.
    Im sure he does it but not the way the players from Barcelona do. I have been watching him play for RM for two seasons and I dont remember him rolling on the ground in a play where he was not touched. Im sure there have been dozens of times when he feels contact and goes to the ground but thats so normal in the sport these days. Barcelona's players is different, those guys roll in the ground for a minute until the ref gives someone a card. FAKE getting slapped in the face when someone touches their shoulder.

Its different man. And when we talk about Barcelona we are mostly talking about Alves, Adriano, Pedro, Busquets, Mascherano, and Villa. I have full respect for Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Puyol, Fabregas, etc.

I wouldn't lump David Villa with the rest of those players. He's done it a couple of times, but it isn't to the extent of embellishment that those other players have set the bar to.

I wouldn't lump David Villa with the rest of those players. He's done it a couple of times, but it isn't to the extent of embellishment that those other players have set the bar to.
    alright alright. i have to agree with you.

I'm a Barca supporter and have never liked any of those divers lol. I almost resent when they make good plays, because I know that if they were on any other team, I would never support them. It's a struggle at times...I end up yelling at my TV, because I'm embarrassed when they pull $#@! like that.

I'm a Barca supporter and have never liked any of those divers lol. I almost resent when they make good plays, because I know that if they were on any other team, I would never support them. It's a struggle at times...I end up yelling at my TV, because I'm embarrassed when they pull $#@! like that.
    aye, i know what u mean. i was a bit embarrassed about Mourinho's $#@! and Marcelo's foul on Fabregas. But Ive played soccer and I know how heated it gets once you are on the field but some things should never happen and I am referring to Mourinho's antics.

asshat Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant Shaggy Gold Club Durant Durant's Avatar
    lmfao @ that messi kick into the stands. that $#@! looked like it would've hurt. if he did that to me and hit me/my girl/my kids i would've come after that midget. can't believe that didn't result in some kind of suspension.

bunghole alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville's Avatar
    Good read and good website http://www.surrealfootball.com/2011/...urinho-a-hero/

If Jose Mourinho is wrong, right – with whom I initially fell out in late 1991 – may well have lost my support for good. Football without Mourinho may as well not bother anymore. Football without Mourinho is tenuous narratives and questions of why, exactly, this, this and this matters – when none of it does.

According to those who would know, Mourinho is, ‘destroying Spanish football,’ and ‘outside of the spirit of the game,’ and – the old ones are the best – ‘an enemy to football.’ All correct. But look at the state of modern football. It deserves enemies.

A flicked wrist and pokey finger engaged the world’s ersatz anger button: Mourinho’s eye-gouge on Barcelona’s number two humped column inches for days. There are two ways of looking at the incident, not that you would know it from the blather: the first, that Mourinho was reckless and dangerous; the second, it was fun. And that’s even before mentioning his denial of the victim’s existence afterwards.

Amongst ten thousand shades of grey, all of which still manage to resemble $#@!, the Technicolor that the narcissist lunging off Real Madrid’s bench gives us are more than just light relief, they’re the only real stories we get. Though the men charged with writing 900 words every Sunday work diligently to turn Sir Alex Ferguson’s empty words and Arsene Wenger’s white lies into attractive prose and genuine conflict – there is, for the most part: healthy respect, kind regard or carefully guarded in football today – none of which makes for a thriller.

Mourinho does. What’s he got? Dissidence, smears and brash celebrations: the real, dirty, nasty conflict. The irony is that a media so comfortable making up their own stories now fears the real story. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the middle aged, middle class comfort zone: it would rather create its own mavericks – the Martin O’Neil, who says clever things, even the Wayne Rooney, who plays a cutting through ball. Mourinho makes our media men uncomfortable because he isn’t always in control. In a move outlawed a very long time ago, sometimes…he just does what he wants.

Mourinho made Alex Ferguson uncomfortable. The result? A Manchester United resurgence which hadn’t been coming; a Champions League win, some of the best football at that club in years.

Uncomfortable isn’t good – it’s essential. The popular lethargy movement calling itself the Premier League needs uncomfortable back. Those who fell off The Special One bandwagon after Eye-Gouge-Gate because it went too far “this time”, never deserved membership – gouging the eye, expressing the conspiracy theory, all with a clinical nonchalance, are what Mourinho is.

That though, falls well short of the bottom line. Sneering at Barcelona and occasional violence are worthy pursuits but not enough: football thirsts for Mourinho because the emotional extremes are just the tantalising starter, setting up a coach who happens to be the best there is for a more substantial two-fingered salute. After this season, he will have won the European Cup with three different teams, something that no other coach has ever done – or if they have, I’m not interested in looking it up.

Behind the facade, there’s a coach who has had the players of FC Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid ready to take a bullet for him. At Porto, his Champions League win was one of the biggest shocks of the 2000s, perhaps only surpassed by the fact that Steve Irwin, a man who poked animals for a living was killed in a freak incident involving one. At Chelsea, league titles arrived for the first time in 50 years, whilst European Cup failure came only as an unfortunate result of the John Terry Rule: John Terry is not allowed to lift or touch the European Cup.

Then there was the glorious resurrection at and of Inter. Forget the league wins, when his first season at the club passed with a flimsy run in Europe there were murmurs about a lost touch; when he lifted the European Cup for a second time a year later, there were not. He also chinned a journalist.

Inter had no right to win that trophy – Barcelona gave them a seeing to in the group stage and put them in what should have been their place. Mourinho wasn’t having it though, it was Mourinho’s win: Mourinho’s inch-perfect tactics against Chelsea, the confidence which came from Mourinho against Bayern Munich in the final and above all else Mourinho’s abject refusal to allow Barcelona past him in the semi-final. Football world: two fingers up. Next, please: Real Madrid.

His team are closer than any other to those Catalan smirks and he’s already nabbed one trophy, but he and his team have more to give us – Sergio Ramos actually threw the Spanish Cup under a bus in disgust at having won only it. No, the signs are there, Mourinho won’t be happy until Barcelona are disembowelled.

And that’s why we need him. Barcelona’s monopoly needs the board thrown from the table – someone needs to be hated. Mourinho makes the story and when he ends up writing history, rest assured he’ll go down as the man who’s made the ball worth kicking for the last ten years, not Barcelona.

asshat Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8's Avatar
    Was at the game against Getafe at the Bernabeu. This team is incredible. We score 4 times, and it doesn't feel like it's anywhere near enough. I was really disappointed at the atmosphere, though. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the opposition, but still. Seeing 6 goals was nice, though!

Did anyone heard the commentaries from Ronaldo??? He claimed that everyone is jealous of him because he is good at futbol and because he is good looking. HAhaha!!

bunghole alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville slams and goes hard. alphaville's Avatar
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...eferee?cc=5901

Ronaldo said: "I hope we will not have a repeat of this refereeing performance, it was shameful. Some referees allow them to give me stick like (the Dinamo players) did today. Referees always say before games they will protect players with more skill but few do. I do not understand it."

The former Manchester United winger went on to highlight jealousy as the reason why he feels he is often singled out by opposition players.

He said "I think it's because I'm rich, handsome and a great player. They envy me - there's no other explanation. We are very happy with the three points we took, but I'm not so satisfied with the refereeing. I hope we never have this referee again."

asshat Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon's Avatar
    He didn't say anything that wasn't true.

If he got half the calls the cataluñan hobbits got, he'd be putting away 15 penalties a season and they would never finish a match against 11 men.

In other news, RM lost yesterday :(

Barcelona is back on top by one.

asshat GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns's Avatar
    Madrid fan here. The wife is from Madrid and we normally spend a month or 2 there each year. I also have a friend in Barcelona (who is a huge Barca supporter) and we spent 2 weeks up there. I will just say that my opinion of Catalans did not improve after going there for the first time. Even when they are bragging it sounds like they are complaining. The whole anti-Madrid, anti-Spain, anti-Spanish language stuff I saw up there was pretty disgusting to me personally (as someone who loves the country of Spain and the culture). There are places where they refuse to use the Spanish language. Sure they will speak it to you and will be polite for the most part however what I mean is on menus, signs, etc. In one bakery we were in they had everything in Catalan with translations in English and German (not Spanish). Anyway after experiencing all of that I can really see why both sides hate each other so much. The Catalans have this weird inferiority complex and the Spanish don't like them for many of the reasons I just mentioned.

That RM / Barca rivalry goes MUCH deeper than anything I have experienced here. All of that said I respect Barca for the great team they are (minus the diving BS, which btw I will upload a funny photo I took at the train station in Barcelona). Of course I also appreciate them when they are playing for "La Roja". I hope all of the recent BS between both teams doesn't affect La Roja too much however I have my doubts.

This is the photo I was referring to taken at the Barcelona train station. Look at the name of the store that sells Barca gear.

Good stuff GiantHorns. I know exactly what you are talking about, there is a lot of resentment against the Catalunya community but they have brought it upon themselves. Not many fans outside of Spain understand the meaning behind the rivalry, there is so much about it culturally. I know the majority of Spain is behind RMadrid so the same reasons.

asshat GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. GiantHorns's Avatar
    LOL, I was looking at some of the diving videos you posted. Here is my favorite Busquets photoshop pic ...

Los blancos are kicking ass right now. Near flawless performances in UCL and Top of the table (by one point) in La Liga with +25 goal differential (Barca has 28). Higuain and Kaka are red hot. Benzema is cooking. If Kaka gets back to his AC Milan form then the team will be unbeleiveable.

Notable upcoming events:

November 19th Valencia

December 11th Barcelona

December 16th Champions League knockout stage draw for round of 16

December 18th Sevilla

February 14-22nd First leg of knockout round of 16

Finally

Felt like posting these:

Gucci bag, shoes and limo..

Hopefully we get this guy sometime in the next 12 months. Proud dad, starting Brazil forward and Copa Libertadores champ at 19 (mom 17 below).:

Last edited by alphaville; 11-02-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Neymar joining Real for 53 million pounds.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...r-L53m?cc=5901

Good stuff!!! I am excited about Neymar coming to Madrid next year but I am most excited about Kaka once again playing top notch football. Kaka has been injured and out of shape since he came to Madrid and 2 1/2 years later we are seeing the "real" Kaka. Higuain has been on fire, I think that he was averaging a goal every 40 minutes or something.

I wonder if Mourinho will stick to his regular 4-2-3-1 or play his BEST players. I still don't think that he will play Higuain and Benzema at the same time, except when trying to come back from a deficit. I just hope that they can play with an extra attacking mid (Kaka/Sahin) instead of playing with two defensive mids (Xabi, Khedira/Coentrao).

Pretty sure we officially clinched the knockout stage today. Cristiano had a nice free kick goal and then a pk.

I completely agree on Kaka. I had honestly lost faith in him. He just didn't look like the same guy who scored 10 goals in the champions league in 06 and basically won the thing. But he is 29 which is 4 years younger than Lampard/Drogba, 2 younger than Xavi and Gerrard, so he should still be near his best.

If I were to put my life on the game I would want this 4-2-3-1...

Benzema/Higuain (whoever is in better form)
    Cristiano - Ozil/Kaka(whoever is in better form) - Di Maria
    Xabi Alonso - Nuri Sahin (I think he played back here at Dortmund)
    Coentrao - Pepe - Albiol - Sergio Ramos
    Casillas

That leaves Benzema/Higuain, Ozil/Kaka, Khedira, Diarra, Marcelo, Ricardo Carvalho. Pretty mean coming off the bench with a lot of versatility.

In my opinion, this team with some luck, Mourinho and no bull$#@! red cards against Barca is good enough to win Champs League and/or La Liga.

Easily the most athletic, deepest, and best counter attacking side in the world in my opinion.
    Last edited by alphaville; 11-03-2011 at 12:32 AM.

Huge couple of weeks for Real.

Barca lost to Getafe today which puts us 6 points up two weeks from El Clasico. If we win that we will be +9 points in a league in which the winner usually has around 90. Basically an insurmountable lead.

The Valencia game was huge. The Atletico game today was huge too. That red card was a life saver.

Things are looking very good. In Jose we trust....

So I haven't bothered reading this thread, but if Madrid doesn't consistently dive in the box like Barca then I sure as hell hope you guys finish on top this year. I really only watch Barca in CL matches, and the $#@! gets me livid.

asshat Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon grows his own roses Napoleon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantHorns View Post
    LOL, I was looking at some of the diving videos you posted. Here is my favorite Busquets photoshop pic ...

Quote Originally Posted by housious View Post
    So I haven't bothered reading this thread, but if Madrid doesn't consistently dive in the box like Barca then I sure as hell hope you guys finish on top this year. I really only watch Barca in CL matches, and the $#@! gets me livid.
    Buckets was at it again today. Bein' a bitch like all Barça players can be. Love this quote from the write up on ESPN-

"Sergio Busquets wasted a glorious opportunity when he threw himself down theatrically in the box rather than shoot, cross or pass the ball, and was booked for his stupidity."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/323905?cc=3888

God I would love for more serious action to be taken against the diving that goes on at Barcelona.

And then Madrid got 2 from Cristiano Ronaldo and then one each from the Argentine Duo: Di Maria & Higuan

Vamos!

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, will this be the game that Madrid beats Guardiola?!??!

bunghole DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard.
    Not sure, but it is going to be a fun one. For some reason the hype is pretty lacking from the norm over here. Typically you see at least a few flags hanging out of the windows and all the little tykes sporting their gear on Fridays, but I haven't seen any of it. Doesn't mean its not going to be intense a $#@!, but just seems a little strange. Due to this, I think we see a hell of a match. The talk is that Barca are only going to play three in the back and Madrid will counter with three up front. Madrid supposedly is going with a midfield of Kedeira, Lass, and Xabi Alonso to break up Barca's hold on the midfield. Lets just hope Mourinho doesn't park the 747 in front of goal like he did with Inter a few years back. Not sure what is going to happen, but I am putting my money on a straight red for Pepe. The dude is absolutely $#@!ing nuts. I loath all things Madrid, but I want to see great counter attacking football from them and the Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi show from Barca. Gonna go 2-3 Barca.

Mourhino said that he's only going to play one striker between Higuain and Benzema, and he'll have Di Maria on the left wing and Ronaldo on the right wing.

I'm also rather certain that Pep will play a 4-3-3, since it's been stated that Puyol and Pique will be starting at CB. This leads me to believe that Alves and Abidal will revert to their normal spots on the backline. Then the problem becomes finding playing time for their midfielders and forwards: Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Alexis, David Villa, Messi, Pedro, etc...

The 3-4-3 may be a cute formation for lesser opponents, but Madrid will shred that that backline with their counter-attacking prowess.
    Last edited by Bodowned; 12-10-2011 at 08:37 AM.

bunghole DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard. DertyBerd slams and goes hard.
    Sure Mourinho says that, but basically Di Maria and Ronaldo (who only helps back when he feels like it) will be pushed up to counter and stop easy balls coming out of the back from Barca. They will pack three in the middle to disrupt Barca's flow and let Pepe and Sergio Ramos do their dirty (and I mean dirty) work. I agree that 3 in the back for Barca is playing with fire, but I was just reiterating what was said all week in the press. I don't think it would be smart.
    I don't see much of a problem with finding midfielders/forwards for Barca. In a huge match like this you take Messi, Villa, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets (defensive help) and choose between the rest. It is a beautiful luxury that every other team in the world would die for.

Personally, I might actually start Alexis over Villa, and I'd play Fabregas as a false 9.

No arguments here from that assessment. Just hope to watch a great match and ultimately a Barca. $#@! this country though for starting the match at 10pm. Only place in the world that does $#@! like this. Gonna be a long night.

Yes, it must be awkward :/ it seems like 4 EST is ALWAYS the match time for El Clásico.

already drunk waiting for this bitch to start

I should quit my bitching, but it is one thing to be twenty something and at the bar, and another thing to be thirty something and have a lil chittlin. Noches alegres, mañanas tristes.
    Last edited by DertyBerd; 12-10-2011 at 01:39 PM.

asshat Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8 grows his own roses Longhornmaniac8's Avatar
    Vamos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hala Madrid!

Hahahahahah...$#@! Barca.

What a start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!

Valdes is such a 'tard.

1-1 at half. Defensive lapse by Pepe let Alexis get in behind him.

Pepe is too eager to track the ball; I expect Barcelona to prey on that fault once more before the game is over.

Repping my Cesc jersey so hard.

$#@!ty result. We were unlucky with the Xavi goal deflection and it all fell apart after that. In retrospect we probably should have brought on 3 holding mids after the gift of a goal in the first minute and just tried to clog it up.

Only good news is we can beat up on every other team in the league just as well (or better) as they can so we can possibly win the league in spite of barca.

Its so frustrating. I don't think we will ever be able to beat these guys who have been playing together for 15 years in an open game until they get old. Even then, players like Messi, Thaigo and Cesc are pretty young. We need to play anti-football or get really lucky with a Xavi injury. I hope Jose can come up with something for the champions league because what we've got ain't working.

David Villa broke his leg and will be out 6 months. Sucks for Barca.

+ Reply to Thread