+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Scott: Pac isn't done expanding

asshat USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC's Avatar

Larry Scott: Pac isn't done expanding

@JJSportsBeat
    Jeremiah Jensen
    Just sat down with Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott. He said conference isn't done expanding. Expects more realignment in college football

If A&M could wrap there heads around, California recruiting. Opening up California to them would be huge

asshat victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USAOROTC View Post
    @JJSportsBeat
    Jeremiah Jensen
    Just sat down with Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott. He said conference isn't done expanding. Expects more realignment in college football

If A&M could wrap there heads around, California recruiting. Opening up California to them would be huge
    Cali kids and a&m are like water and oil.

bunghole FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies slams and goes hard. FrankSolichGaveMeRoofies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USAOROTC View Post
    If A&M could wrap there heads around, California recruiting.
    For most ags, this is what they see when trying to wrap their heads around that idea.

Shaggy OOTP Commissioner Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by victory88 View Post
    Cali kids and a&m are like water and oil.

That's simply not true. They snagged the #1 Class of '95 California running back. Sirr Parker; he obviously went on to score the game-winning touchdown for their only conference championship since 1993 or something like that.

We had to settle for the #2 California back, some dude named Ricky Williams.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 07-26-2011 at 01:11 PM.

No. I want them as far away from us as possible. Let them go be MSU in the SEC. Won't bother me.

It's only a matter of time. As long as the Big12 is alive, we will hear the same $#@! all year long. I give it 2 years max.

I just hope Oklahoma joins us and aggy takes a ride to the bottom of the SEC.
    Last edited by Agent Michael Scarn; 07-26-2011 at 01:13 PM.

asshat Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler is a rep whore. Texas_Straggler's Avatar
    I don't think the P12 takes aggy in any way shape or form.

asshat TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf's Avatar
    The Pac 12 would take Aggy and Tech if it meant getting us. Scott has to chip in with this talk because Slive is making noise about going to 16.

asshat victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88 can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. victory88's Avatar
    Good Cali recruits: "Hmm... which of these do I prefer??"

UCLA:

USC:

ASU:

oregon:

aggy:

The PAC16 East Division (Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, OU, Okie St, Tech, Texas, aggy) would have been fun.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    False Chip Brown Tweets: http://jizzmop.tumblr.com/
    $#@! it lets go

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimohorn View Post
    The Southwest Division (Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, OU, Okie St, Tech, Texas, aggy) would have been fun.
    indeed. but how can you so easily dismiss our historic and oh so meaningful Baylor rivalry?!

asshat mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost's Avatar
    It's all a question of who makes the first move. None of these conferences are going to stand pat if one of the others gets the ball rolling.

asshat TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by al pastor View Post
    indeed. but how can you so easily dismiss our historic and oh so meaningful Baylor rivalry?!
    Ha. Yeah, what's 100 years. Screw tradition.

Culturally, A&M belongs in SEC. Cheating wise, A&M belongs in the SEC. Football success wise, A&M belongs in Conference USA.

There'd be no reason for them to go west. Too many hot chicks and cities with running water.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWolf View Post
    you're the only $#@!et on this entire board that considers Baylor a "tradition." we no longer play UH, SMU, TCU, Arkansas. We no longer play in the SWC, we no longer play for the Cotton Bowl. $#@! changes.
    Last edited by al pastor; 07-26-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by al pastor View Post
    you're the only $#@!et on this entire board that considers Baylor a "tradition." we no longer play UH, SMU, TCU, Arkansas. We no longer play in the SWC, we no longer play for the Cotton Bowl. $#@! changes.
    But there's several heteros that think so.

Confusionist SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12 is a rep whore. SHOOTER12's Avatar

UCLA:

USC:

ASU:

oregon:

aggy:

Reactions:
    1.) Oh Lawdy
    2.) Aw Hell yeah
    3.) Give it to me baby
    4.) Freakin' A...
    5.) Oh holy hell just shoot me...

bunghole etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13's Avatar
    What are we, aggy or something? Just because a team is 1.5 hours away and a guaranteed win every year ($#@!ing gilbert...) doesn't mean they have any business being in our conference. If we could ditch baylor that would perfectly fine with me and probably most others.

asshat Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine is a rep whore. Hagbard Celine's Avatar
    the gift of aggy keeps on paying dividends, and the best news of all time is that this current bitchfest cluster$#@! has put them on the whiteboard in the disney boardroom.

osborne was able to obfuscate, gerrymander and self-rationalize enough cognitive dissonance on the national stage to skate with very little recognition of factual history and the truth about who/when/why.

fortunately this time, aggy has spraypainted a $#@!ing gigantic target on their backs, and there is NO DOUBT, NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER, on the national stage about the who/when/why of the current cluster$#@!.

please aggy, go.

get.
    the.
    $#@!.
    out.

how can anyone want these bastards around anymore? how can anyone justify keeping them on the schedule in any post beebe scenario? $#@! them. it's not a rivalry, it's a 100-year abortion on acid.

+++++++++

also, baylor, sorry, buh bye.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 07-26-2011 at 01:49 PM.

asshat TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G's Avatar
    Washington
    Washington State
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Cal
    Stanford
    USC
    UCLA

Arizona
    Arizona State
    Utah
    Colorado
    Texas
    Texas Tech
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State

I would $#@!ing LOVE that conference. The football schedule would be great: One trip to Arizona every year, one trip to Colorado/Utah, one trip to the West coast, and keep our date at the Cotton Bowl each October. Nine game conf schedule, CCG rotates between Arlington, Glendale, Pasadena and Seattle. Best of all, the aggies are the doormat of the SEC and we don't have to put up with their infantile pissing and moaning anymore.

Please, I pray to the Gods of college football, let this happen.

It wouldn't matter if I was the only person in the world who thought so. Playing a team annually for 100 years is the definition of tradition. I'm also one of the few posters who is against the abortion known as the Pac 16. It feels good to be right.

asshat WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex Shaggy Gold Club WhoooTex's Avatar
    They all suck football player $#@!

asshat TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TrashMaster G's Avatar
    It wouldn't matter if I was the only person in the world who thought so. Playing a team annually for 100 years is the definition of tradition. I'm also one of the few posters who is against the abortion known as the Pac 16. It feels good to be right.
    If the tradition sucks, brings no emotional sway to the fanbase, and is outshined by pretty much EVERY OTHER TRADITION YOU HAVE, then why keep it? At that point you are advocating tradition for tradition's sake and you are no different than aggy.

asshat mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost Shaggy Gold Club mdmost's Avatar
    You miss playing TCU and SMU, too?

Shaggy OOTP Commissioner Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Huckleberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    I'm still trying to get us to renew the traditional game with Southwestern.

asshat Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey Shaggy Gold Club Jive Turkey's Avatar
    The nurturing biosphere of the mothership.
    we could schedule Baylor as a non-conference game every once in a while, like we've done with Arkansas and TCU and Rice.

Quote Originally Posted by etexhorn13 View Post
    What are we, aggy or something? Just because a team is 1.5 hours away and a guaranteed win every year ($#@!ing gilbert...) doesn't mean they have any business being in our conference. If we could ditch baylor that would perfectly fine with me and probably most others.
    Hmm...last year should have opened your eyes to the idea of "guarantees" in college football. And life in general. That sense of entitlement is the driving force behind many of the problems we tend to run into.

You assume that our current run will continue indefinitely into the future. A golden age without end. Take a look at history and see the progression of UT football. Note that there have been down years. Sometimes these down years cluster together for several years in a row. It's during the down times that a team relies on its conference.

Ditching nearly all the teams that are close by for teams half a continent away is foolish. Cutting ties with historical rivals is stupid. When a string of 5-6 tough years comes by again (and it will), we know that teams like Baylor, A&M, Tech, etc will help fill the stadium. They will maintain a basic level of interest in the program. That will not be the case with teams like Arizona, Washington State, and Oregon State. There is no shared history. No geographic ties. Nobody will care to see that garbage during tough times because there isn't any incentive to do so.

The push to drop all of our rivals so some alums can visit the west coast is short-sighted. To jump on the bandwagon of ditching in-state rivals for the hell of it is flat-out retarded. We are the best because we have built ourselves a foundation of beating up the bears, raiders, aggies, sooners, etc. Throwing those teams away is the same thing as throwing the foundation itself away.

asshat formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses formermav43 grows his own roses
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I'm still trying to get us to renew the traditional game with Southwestern.
    We used to have a great series with Sewanee, and it dates back all the way to 1898! I say bring it back.

I could see us keeping Baylor on the schedule even if they aren't in our conference. The only way we'd make the Pac 16 jump is if we had regional partners jumping with us like Tech, OU, oSu. That way we aren't hopping across the country week after week to play them. Arizona isn't that far away and the word last time was we would play Arizona in Tempe and have Arizona State come to Austin and vice versa every other year. Then we would play 1 or 2 of the other Pac 16 division, one at home and one away every year. We could still keep Baylor and aggy on the schedule under those terms and have one extra OOC game. The Cal and USC games coming up on the schedule would just be shifted to conference games.

I'd take the Pac 16 in a heartbeat. I think OU would too as then they have 1 visit a year to expose their program to more Cali recruits.
    Last edited by mdmost; 07-26-2011 at 02:19 PM.

If I had to choose one in-state private school pushover to play on an annual basis, I would go with Rice over Baylor. And this has nothing to do with Baylor's (ahem) "resurgence", but an acute distaste for their hypocritical, loud-mouthed preachy fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    Not really.

I draw dicks. No homo. THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? THujone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrashMaster G View Post
    Washington
    Washington State
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Cal
    Stanford
    USC
    UCLA

Arizona
    Arizona State
    Utah
    Colorado
    Texas
    Texas Tech
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State

I would $#@!ing LOVE that conference. The football schedule would be great: One trip to Arizona every year, one trip to Colorado/Utah, one trip to the West coast, and keep our date at the Cotton Bowl each October. Nine game conf schedule, CCG rotates between Arlington, Glendale, Pasadena and Seattle. Best of all, the aggies are the doormat of the SEC and we don't have to put up with their infantile pissing and moaning anymore.

Yes. THis is what i was hoping for last year. I pray it still happens. 'Twould be an awesome conference.

asshat Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06 slams and goes hard. Heel06's Avatar
    This isn't the first time they've said this. I thought the SEC would be the first to go superconference to get the pick of the litter, but I could very well be proven wrong.

Washington
    Washington State
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Cal
    Stanford
    USC
    UCLA

Arizona
    Arizona State
    Utah
    Colorado
    Texas
    Texas Tech
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State

Oh, and just think how drunk you'd get pregaming for those occasional west coast late starts. Sign me up!

asshat Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Basil Your Face's Avatar
    I would be willing to bet that over 75% of the married posters on this board have heard some form of this from their wives:

"I don't know why you're making such a big deal about [not going to some $#@!tastic wedding, birthday party, funeral, whatever] it's just the Baylor game."

"

bunghole Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ slams and goes hard. Elihu ESQ's Avatar

UCLA:

3 4

USC:

Yes, Yes

ASU:

3,2,1,5,6,4, not sure

oregon:

only top row, 2,3,1,4

aggy:

oh hell no......

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjazz View Post
    If I had to choose one in-state private school pushover to play on an annual basis, I would go with Rice over Baylor. And this has nothing to do with Baylor's (ahem) "resurgence", but an acute distaste for their hypocritical, loud-mouthed preachy fans.
    Thanks for posting that. Most of the "let's ditch this school" talk is due to the above. It's a good thing to dislike the teams you play. And their fans.
    So far there hasn't been a compelling argument for going Pac or banning Aggy...beyond the vacations to the west coast or the fact that aggies are retarded.

Thanks for posting that. Most of the "let's ditch this school" talk is due to the above. It's a good thing to dislike the teams you play. And their fans.
    So far there hasn't been a compelling argument for going Pac or banning Aggy...beyond the vacations to the west coast or the fact that aggies are retarded.
    There've been a billion compelling arguments, but you've chosen to discount each one. That's your thing, and that's cool, but are you really wanting to do it again? I mean really?

asshat USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC slams and goes hard. USAOROTC's Avatar
    OU admn & coaches covet the Pac

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_Straggler View Post
    I don't think the P12 takes aggy in any way shape or form.
    PAC12 wants no part of that cult...

bunghole etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13 slams and goes hard. etexhorn13's Avatar
    She doth protest too much. Seriously dude, not to sound like a Texas fan (ok, $#@! it i love saying this) but WE ARE TEXAS. We are the most profitable athletic department in the country for a reason. Everyone knows what "hook 'em" is for a reason. We don't need Baylor or ISU around to make us feel good about ourselves. If we have a $#@!ty year, people will pack their stadiums to see their teams take down the almighty Texas. If we are boss hogs, people will pack their stadiums to see their team play Texas. To say we need Baylor around is poppy$#@!. (no homo)

If the tradition sucks, brings no emotional sway to the fanbase, and is outshined by pretty much EVERY OTHER TRADITION YOU HAVE, then why keep it? At that point you are advocating tradition for tradition's sake and you are no different than aggy.
    I'm advocating cost/benefit analysis. What benefit do we receive from ditching a team we've played each year for a hundred years...that is a 2 hour drive away... And replacing it with a team with zero history/tradition that is 6 times as far away...logical points that I haven't seen addressed on this board.

Again, the only reasons I see are better vacations and stupid aggies. I can take a vacation anytime. Aggies have always been a bit stupid. Neither is a reason to make a significant change to the football program. #Especially when things are set up perfectly at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    That's simply not true. They snagged the #1 Class of '95 California running back. Sirr Parker; he obviously went on to score the game-winning touchdown for their only conference championship since 1993 or something like that.

We had to settle for the #2 California back, some dude named Ricky Williams.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0256394/ loko

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickMcHorn View Post
    There've been a billion compelling arguments, but you've chosen to discount each one. That's your thing, and that's cool, but are you really wanting to do it again? I mean really?
    Your definition of compelling differs from mine. The key issues are control, ease of access to BCS, and money. So far nobody has delivered a top-to-bottom argument that the PAC wins on each factor.

Quote Originally Posted by THujone View Post
    Yes. THis is what i was hoping for last year. I pray it still happens. 'Twould be an awesome conference.
    'Twould. 'Twould.

wh

I'm advocating cost/benefit analysis. What benefit do we receive from ditching a team we've played each year for a hundred years...that is a 2 hour drive away... And replacing it with a team with zero history/tradition that is 6 times as far away...logical points that I haven't seen addressed on this board.

Again, the only reasons I see are better vacations and stupid aggies. I can take a vacation anytime. Aggies have always been a bit stupid. Neither is a reason to make a significant change to the football program. #Especially when things are set up perfectly at the moment.
    and as always, you ignore the real argument, we're replacing baylor with U of A, CU, UU, and ASU. we're replacing the north schools w/ the west coast schools.

we gain divisional games of greater consequence vs. OU, TT, OSU/Aggy, CU, UU, UofA, and ASU. 90 years of tradition with Baylor buys us nothing next year. 0 years of tradition costs us nothing when playing ASU, UofA, CU, or UU on abc.

in short, you're always pretty much a liar when it comes ot this topic.

Your definition of compelling differs from mine. The key issues are control, ease of access to BCS, and money. So far nobody has delivered a top-to-bottom argument that the PAC wins on each factor.
    sure people have, you just stick your fingers in your ear going "la la la la, you just want west coast vacations, baylor is a tradition that i remember going to as a student and being super excited about driving to waco, la la la la." you're the dumbass who raised the argument that our poor starving college kids who can afford to go to every big12 game suddenly won't be able to afford going to CU/UU or ASU/UofA once a year and how that would completely ruin college b/c they're so poor and sad and the utmost priority in anything the AthDept does.

so you're not only a liar, but lying and dumb. you're a good fit for aggy.
    Last edited by al pastor; 07-26-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Everyone's definition of compelling differs from mine. The key issues are control, ease of access to BCS, and money. So far everyone has either minimized the need for a top-to-bottom argument, or explained how we would make more money and have the same access as the BCS. The PAC wins on each factor.
    Yeah. I know right.

How about because everyone would rather see us play GOOD teams than most of the $#@!tastic Big XII? You choose not to read what you see. I'd much rather have USC, ASU, CAL, and ORE as well as OU than having OU, BU, ISU... see what i mean?

did not see al pastor before posting whoops
    Last edited by etexhorn13; 07-26-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etexhorn13 View Post
    She doth protest too much. Seriously dude, not to sound like a Texas fan (ok, $#@! it i love saying this) but WE ARE TEXAS. We are the most profitable athletic department in the country for a reason. Everyone knows what "hook 'em" is for a reason. We don't need Baylor or ISU around to make us feel good about ourselves. If we have a $#@!ty year, people will pack their stadiums to see their teams take down the almighty Texas. If we are boss hogs, people will pack their stadiums to see their team play Texas. To say we need Baylor around is poppy$#@!. (no homo)
    That's an emotional response. Thanks for proving my point.

+ Reply to Thread