+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Words with Friends question

asshat Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man's Avatar

Words with Friends question

I just started playing this game, and never played scrabble before, so I'm kinda figuring out the rules as I go along. I had one frustrating turn where I couldn't figure out why it wasn't letting me make my move (it said "Invalid tile placement"), I figured out which tile was the problem and removed it, but I don't understand why the move wasn't allowed.

____G
    _STRAW
    ____Z
    _VALET
    VET_RUE
    _T___G

^^ That's what is on the board (in the section in question) with _ being blank spaces. I wanted to put an H below the T in STRAW to form "THAT" vertically, and it wouldn't let me do it. wtf? Am I being really retarded in some way, or is there a rule against doing that, and if so, what? Or is it just being buggy?

asshat random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn's Avatar
    was 'H' the only tile you were placing on the board or were there others?

asshat Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Celery Man's Avatar
    I was trying to do that move, and also put some other tiles down in another area. I can't recall for certain but I think in trying to figure out what was wrong I also attempted to put only the H down (and got "Not a valid tile placement" on all attempts until I removed that H).

asshat random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? random horn's Avatar
    you caused a glitch in the matrix by trying to play tiles in different, unconnected areas. don't know why it said that when you were trying just the H though.

I may have not tried just the H, can't remember if I did that or just thought about doing that. Are you not allowed to play tiles in multiple areas?

afaik it's just one horizontal or vertical line at a time. you can't make a word in one area with a few letters and another word in some other area of the board with a few more. they'd need to be separate moves. moose out front should've told you.

Thank you very much, sir.

asshat MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    are you that $#@! that i was playing that took a day between each move?

No, but I'm playing him. $#@!er even had the nerve to cross my "VET" with another "VET".

asshat MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10 Shaggy Gold Club MNLonghorn10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celery Man View Post
    No, but I'm playing him. $#@!er even had the nerve to cross my "VET" with another "VET".

if you're ever playing someone who is obviously cheating use this website: http://www.scrabulizer.com/

also, they have an iphone app that will read your games and give you the best possible answer...

or you can be a douche and use it anyways

asshat kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun Shaggy Gold Club kevwun's Avatar
    People who cheat at word with friends suck. That is all. And I'm so going to use that site to $#@! with someone I play with who cheats on every single play.
    Last edited by kevwun; 08-03-2011 at 04:48 PM.

asshat Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light's Avatar
    don't you know it's all about Hanging With Friends now?

asshat Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Esque can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night.
    If any of you bitches want to get ROFLstomped, open up a game against Dragonesque

asshat MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. MyQuick=FrenchToast's Avatar
    I may have not tried just the H, can't remember if I did that or just thought about doing that. Are you not allowed to play tiles in multiple areas?
    have you never played scrabble???

asshat heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn's Avatar
    I have a WWF ethics question for the class. Do you consider it cheating to reference a site like this one? http://osxreality.com/2010/01/01/beg...ith-friends-2/

It has every 2 letter and 3 letter word combination. I sometimes use it to eliminate letter combinations when trying to make a big word. I think it simply saves time b/c I would try every combo anyway.

asshat Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Bobby Light's Avatar
    I just started playing this game, and never played scrabble before, so I'm kinda figuring out the rules as I go along. I had one frustrating turn where I couldn't figure out why it wasn't letting me make my move (it said "Invalid tile placement"), I figured out which tile was the problem and removed it, but I don't understand why the move wasn't allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyQuick=FrenchToast View Post
    have you never played scrabble???
    have you never read the OP???

Quote Originally Posted by heinhorn View Post
    I have a WWF ethics question for the class. Do you consider it cheating to reference a site like this one? http://osxreality.com/2010/01/01/beg...ith-friends-2/

It has every 2 letter and 3 letter word combination. I sometimes use it to eliminate letter combinations when trying to make a big word. I think it simply saves time b/c I would try every combo anyway.
    yes, that is cheating

asshat heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn slams and goes hard. heinhorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Light View Post
    yes, that is cheating
    I think it's a grey area. I'm still almost always coming up with the full word on my own, just eliminating possibilities. Anyways, I have most of the 2 letter combos memorized so I rarely use it.

I just got stumped in that game, which is still going on, and realized that I never went back and played that spot, where I wanted to put the H. I had used my H, but i had a W.

And yeah, Quick, never played Scrabble. We had the game in the closet growing up, but I never played it. Always been more of a crossword type when it comes to wordgames.

+ Reply to Thread