+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: "Texas is afraid of the SEC"

no longer an asshat TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland Shaggy Gold Club TexonLongIsland's Avatar

asshat Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Old96er's Avatar
    Academics 101 ($$$)

Billion $+ Endowments (systems included)
    SEC

Vandy - 2.6
    UF - .8

TX - 11.6
    TAMU - 4.9

PAC 12

USC - 2.7
    Stanford -12.2
    Cal - 5.2
    Wash - 1.4

BIG 10/12

Minn - 1.9
    Neb - 1
    Mich - 4.9
    Ohio St - 1.7
    ILL- 1.1
    Mich St - .9
    NW - 4.2
    Penn St - 1.1
    Purdue - 1.3
    Wisc - 1.1

Domers - 3.6

One of these is not like the others

Stop pounding sand. The University of Texas is about way more than rabid football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_endowment

asshat sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore. sidis is a rep whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackamacgowski View Post
    u mad?
    no, just frustrated that we keep giving audience to clowns like clay travis and their misinformation campaigns through this $#@!.

guys like him knows there's a lot of attention to be leveraged by pandering to the texags type...

asshat TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Hymen View Post
    Academics 101 ($$$)

Billion $+ Endowments (systems included)
    SEC

Vandy - 2.6
    UF - .8

TX - 11.6
    TAMU - 4.9

PAC 12

USC - 2.7
    Stanford -12.2
    Cal - 5.2
    Wash - 1.4

BIG 10/12

Minn - 1.9
    Neb - 1
    Mich - 4.9
    Ohio St - 1.7
    ILL- 1.1
    Mich St - .9
    NW - 4.2
    Penn St - 1.1
    Purdue - 1.3
    Wisc - 1.1

Domers - 3.6

One of these is not like the others

Stop pounding sand. The University of Texas is about way more than rabid football

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_endowment
    I saw what you did there, using 2005 numbers instead of 2010. So by your metric, we should be coming along with (in $ billions)

TCU 1.048
    SMU 1.069
    Rice 4.1
    Washington University (St. Louis) 4.473
    MIT 8.31
    Yale 16.652
    Harvard 27.557

That's an awesome conference! And by awesome, I mean horrible.

asshat longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl is a rep whore. longhornsgirl's Avatar
    There is nothing SEC about Texas. This thread is dumb.

asshat Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Tex Pete's Avatar
    Living off all my Super Bowl squares winnings!
    Quote Originally Posted by JNip View Post
    http://outkickthecoverage.com/texas-...of-the-sec.php

I agree.

We Texas deserve the best, and SEC is the best right now.
    You probably eat other men's $#@! out of your wife's pussy.

Sack the $#@! up.

asshat bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    I just heard something so stupid and unbelievable that I want to get it off my chest, and this thread would be the right place, but I'm not posting it because don't want to have you people bitching at me about it.

possible cretin

hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain is a rep whore. hitbyatrain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bozo_casanova View Post
    I just heard something so stupid and unbelievable that I want to get it off my chest, and this thread would be the right place, but I'm not posting it because don't want to have you people bitching at me about it.
    i believe in you, Santa

asshat longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan slams and goes hard. longhrnfan's Avatar
    Not his first anti-texas article, won't be the last. Stop giving him web traffic.

asshat Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog grows his own roses Snow Dog's Avatar
    Somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert
    JNip's rep=

bunghole smokindopeimonmycellphone is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? smokindopeimonmycellphone is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? smokindopeimonmycellphone is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? smokindopeimonmycellphone is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? smokindopeimonmycellphone is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? smokindopeimonmycellphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWolf View Post
    I saw what you did there, using 2005 numbers instead of 2010. So by your metric, we should be coming along with (in $ billions)

TCU 1.048
    SMU 1.069
    Rice 4.1
    Washington University (St. Louis) 4.473
    MIT 8.31
    Yale 16.652
    Harvard 27.557

That's an awesome conference! And by awesome, I mean horrible.
    I believe he is using the numbers to show schools in major conferences in FBS. Amazed you didn't understand that without me explaining it to you. /sarcasm

asshat TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? TexasWolf's Avatar
    Your ideas are intruiging to me...spill it.

Quote Originally Posted by StregaHorn View Post
    I believe he is using the numbers to show schools in major conferences in FBS. Amazed you didn't understand that without me explaining it to you. /sarcasm
    Ha. And I am saying that a conference's total financial endowment is NOT the main determining factor in our move. If so, we would be applying the Ivy League.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWolf View Post
    Ha. And I am saying that a conference's total financial endowment is NOT the main determining factor in our move. If so, we would be applying the Ivy League.
    No, it isn't. But academics ARE important to the move. Remember Loftin, $#@! up that he is, saying this is a hundred year decision? Well, why the $#@! would you go the SEC knowing that how good a conference/team is in football is cyclical? All it takes is one team in the SEC to go down for cheating and the whole damned conference is going to go down because they will all start pointing fingers. It will happen.

Alright, you totally cannot keep us in suspense like that. Spill.

thanks obama jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt GORN jt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimphand View Post
    Texas IS afraid of the SEC......and rightfully so due to their horrible academics
    you mean, as opposed to the big12's?

usnwr rankings:

17. Vanderbilt
    45. Texas
    58. Florida (tie)
    58. Texas A&M (tie)
    62. Georgia
    75. Alabama (tie)
    75. Baylor (tie)
    82. Auburn
    90. Mizzou
    97. Iowa State
    101. Tennessee (tie)
    101. Kansas (tie)
    101. Oklahoma (tie)
    111. South Carolina
    124. Kentucky
    128. LSU
    132. Arkansas (tie)
    132. Oklahoma State (tie)
    143. Ole Miss (tie)
    143. Kansas State (tie)
    157. Mississippi State
    160. Texas Tech

looks pretty even to me, and you could make a case that the sec > b12

asshat HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. HornGrandioso's Avatar
    We should go to the SEC because this guy is calling us chicken. Actually, we should just make all of our decisions based on dares.

The SEC has the large state schools of each of those states. Texas Tech and OSU are third and second tier schools in their respective states. Only Mississippi and Alabama have their second (Miss St. and Auburn) tier schools in the conference. I would argue that Kansas would have a higher ranking if they had admission requirements (all Kansas residents get in). Similarly to OSU, Kstate is the second tier university in Kansas.

asshat randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. randomscribbles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornGrandioso View Post
    We should go to the SEC because this guy is calling us chicken. Actually, we should just make all of our decisions based on dares.
    Any ag will tell you that real men make their decisions based on emotion. You are a man, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    you mean, as opposed to the big12's?

usnwr rankings:

17. Vanderbilt
    45. Texas
    58. Florida (tie)
    58. Texas A&M (tie)
    62. Georgia
    75. Alabama (tie)
    75. Baylor (tie)
    82. Auburn
    90. Mizzou
    97. Iowa State
    101. Tennessee (tie)
    101. Kansas (tie)
    101. Oklahoma (tie)
    111. South Carolina
    124. Kentucky
    128. LSU
    132. Arkansas (tie)
    132. Oklahoma State (tie)
    143. Ole Miss (tie)
    143. Kansas State (tie)
    157. Mississippi State
    160. Texas Tech

looks pretty even to me, and you could make a case that the sec > b12
    that would matter if we had to choose between SEC & B12 from a 3rd location.

same goes for Pac having WSU and ASU, would matter if they weren't already ingrained in the conference.

but we're not choosing between sec & b12's academics, we're already in the b12 as the result of a marriage of convenience despite attempting to go west 19 years ago. we're weighing acc's vs. sec's vs. pac vs. big10's academics since none of them are convenient options for us geographically and politically. at that point, yes, academics are now a major factor.
    Last edited by al pastor; 09-14-2011 at 04:56 PM.

asshat Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Yossarian's Avatar
    So we're the Scottish food of conference reallignment?

asshat drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Pete View Post
    You probably eat other men's $#@! out of your wife's pussy.

Sack the $#@! up.
    Wow.

I mean...that's all I that needed to be said from the start, and this thread is over.

asshat JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip slams and goes hard. JNip's Avatar
    I just think that SEC is the best fit for Texas and if they allow our LHN then I do not understand why it is not an option, it makes no sense to me, that's it. People who think that the ACC is a better fit because of academics is a fool. Really.

And how hilarious would it be to join the SEC with A&M and our Longhorn Network.

And NO, I am not afraid of LSU, Florida, Tennessee, the Mississippis, Vanderbilt, Arkansas (btw, how great would it be to play them again), Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Georgia, or South Carolina. Bring'em on bitches!!!
    Last edited by JNip; 09-14-2011 at 05:10 PM.

asshat bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova Shaggy Gold Club bozo_casanova's Avatar
    Back up in your ass with the resurrection
    Alright, you totally cannot keep us in suspense like that. Spill.
    Oh fine, but I said it was stupid and unbelievable.

Here's the last part of a text exchange with a person I'm acquainted with who has some thin connections of medium quality:

Person I know: so after OU gets declined by Pac12 it shakes out as 1- Baylor and Tech to Big East, 2- KU and K-State to ACC, 3- Mizzou and ISU to B10, and 4- OU, Okie State, Texas and aTm to SEC. In that order.

Bozo: that's balogna

Person: book it dude, it's the only way everybody wins. And it's a done deal.

asshat Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub's Avatar
    making unappreciated vitriolic personal attacks
    I just think that SEC is the best fit for Texas and if they allow our LHN then I do not understand why it is not an option, it makes no sense to me, that's it. People who think that the ACC is a better fit because of academics is a fool. Really.

And how hilarious would it be to join the SEC with A&M and our Longhorn Network.

asshat drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore. drew8117 is a rep whore.
    I'm afraid to go to the SEC because I saw Deliverance once.

Didn't read thread, so sorry if I repeat.

There is a Waffle House in Austin, so I guess we could do this. But.. I don't want to play with a bunch of cheaters. I don't want Austin filled with dumb SEC $#@!s every other weekend. Whichever conference we join will end up on top. This $#@! is dumb.

asshat elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo slams and goes hard. elguapo's Avatar
    Arkansas (btw, how great would it be to play them again)
    That would be the opposite of great.

And NO, I am not afraid of LSU, Florida, Tennessee, the Mississippis, Vanderbilt, Arkansas (btw, how great would it be to play them again), Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Georgia, or South Carolina. Bring'em on bitches!!!
    SEC is the best fit for Texas?!? Are you $#@!ing retarded?

asshat Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub is a rep whore. Kdub's Avatar
    making unappreciated vitriolic personal attacks
    SEC is the best fit for Texas?!? Are you $#@!ing retarded?

asshat Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drew8117 View Post
    I'm afraid to go to the SEC because I saw Deliverance once.
    Just don't go to starksvile, the rest of places are pretty nice gameday experiences. Starksville still has a "colored" entrance...convieniently it leads right onto the field

asshat mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost's Avatar
    You know what Texas is really scared of?

Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Quote Originally Posted by mdmost View Post
    You know what Texas is really scared of?

Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.
    So true.

Hey McFly...what are you? Yellow?

asshat Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator slams and goes hard. Tokengator's Avatar
    Texas fits into the sec about as much as uf does..g-ville is pretty damn southern but the students are generally from the Tampa/orlando/south Florida area

You guys can also join the annual tradition spurrier started (and Foley has continued) of turning in at least one sec team into the ncaa every year

We dont have many friends in the sec
    Last edited by Tokengator; 09-14-2011 at 05:46 PM.

asshat Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn. Dolemite is probably pretty witty. or good at photoshop. or porn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimphand View Post
    Texas IS afraid of the SEC......and rightfully so due to their horrible academics
    SEC schools as a whole are ranked higher in aggregate by US News and World Report than the Big12 schools are.

Vandy 17 Texas 45
    Florida 53 A&M 63
    Georgia 56 Baylor 79
    Alabama 79 ISU 94
    Auburn 85 Missouri 94
    Tennessee 104 Kansas 104
    Carolina 111 OU 111
    LSU 124 KSU 132
    Kentucky 129 OSU 132
    Arky 132 Ttech 159
    Ole Miss 143
    MSU 151

Avg 98.7 101.3
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09-14-2011 at 05:47 PM.

asshat formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore.
    Oh fine, but I said it was stupid and unbelievable.

Here's the last part of a text exchange with a person I'm acquainted with who has some thin connections of medium quality:

Person I know: so after OU gets declined by Pac12 it shakes out as 1- Baylor and Tech to Big East, 2- KU and K-State to ACC, 3- Mizzou and ISU to B10, and 4- OU, Okie State, Texas and aTm to SEC. In that order.

Bozo: that's balogna

Person: book it dude, it's the only way everybody wins. And it's a done deal.
    I wouldn't bitch at you over that, bozo. It's not your fault that your friend is a complete and total imbecile.

You should save that text for posterity, though, and never, ever let him forget when absolutely none of that happens.

I have no problem with Texas to the SEC. All this "academics" brew ha ha is just a bunch of bull$#@!. The only down side to a Texas move to the SEC is that it would be significantly harder to win the conference and a MNC. The academics argument is complete horse $#@!. I have news for you jack offs, the SEC with or without A&M has better academics than the Big XII. The Big XII is at the bottom of the academics ranking with it comes to BCS conferences. Maybe the Big East is worse but I doubt it. Let's compare the two with their respective US News and World report rankings shall we?

SEC - #17 Vandy, #58 A&M, #58 Florida, #62 Georgia, #75 Alabama, #82 Auburn, #101 Tennessee, #111 S. Carolina, #124 Kentucky, #128 LSU, #132 Arkansas, #143 Ole Miss, #157 Miss St

Big XII - #45 Texas, #75 Baylor, #90 Mizzou, #97 Iowa St, #101 Kansas, #101 Oklahoma, #132 Okie St, #143K State, #160 Texas Tech

SEC highest ranked school beats Big XII's highest ranked school by a LONG shot, #17 Vandy over #45 Texas. The SEC has more schools ranked in the top 100 with 6 (5 without A&M) to the Big XII's 4. The SEC's lowest ranked school, #157 is higher than the Big XII's bottom dweller, Tech at #160. The average rank of the SEC schools is #99.17 which is higher than the average rank in the Big XII at #104.89. (Neither average included A&M) If A&M was added to the SEC it would only make the disparity greater.

So for all you $#@!gots with your cute little gifs attacking the idea of the SEC what are you basing your opinion on? Just why exactly is the OP such an idiot and you're so $#@!ing smart? We see now that it has ZERO to do with academics as some of you may say because the SEC would actually be a significant step up from the Big XII. And if it was a $#@! academic conference and threatened to pull down our academics stature at Texas then why the hell is VANDY in the SEC? Sure doesn't seem like they're too concerned with academic reputation being tarnish by SEC membership. Wonder why that is? Maybe cause it's never negatively affected them as they're one of the most respected institutions of higher learning in the world. But Texas going to the SEC, "academic Armageddon!! Oh no!! They'll drag us down!!!".

So what is it, the competition? All I see is you $#@!gots saying in every thread is how "We're Texas" and we're not afraid to play anybody but then I open another thread and I see people talking about wanting a conference with the easiest path to the BCS/CCG/MNC. Why the double talk? If "We're Texas" and we're not afraid of anybody then what's the fear of entering the SEC? Don't come at me with this academics horse $#@! either because that's all that is, horse $#@!.

So just why exactly is the SEC such a bad idea?

And for the record, I don't really even give a flying $#@! anymore. This whole ordeal is so $#@!ing tired it's unreal. The only thing that makes it even more unbearable is having to listen to a bunch of know nothings spout off at the mouth about "academics this and that" and act as if you know anything more than what you pull straight out of your ass. I'm not saying I want the SEC or anything else, I'm just tired of $#@!sure $#@!s spouting off at the mouth about how the OP is a dumb ass and then talking SEC academics smack when there's not a damn thing to support their case. Just shut the $#@! up already.

asshat formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore. formermav43 is a rep whore.
    Quote Originally Posted by drycreek View Post
    derp
    You should have saved yourself all that work. This is a much more concise version.

Quote Originally Posted by formermav43 View Post
    You should have saved yourself all that work. This is a much more concise version.
    Brilliant response. Obviously you have nothing to bring to the table. Please tell me you didn't attend the University because if you did then my Alma mater has completely hit the $#@!s. Can't even muster a well articulated response. "derp" How cute.

bunghole Pip is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Pip is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Pip is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Pip is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? Pip's Avatar

usnews rankings are horse$#@!. They weigh $#@! that really is insignificant (i.e. private schools get heavily weighted)

for example, miami has been skyrocketing up the ranking based solely on class sizes (which is killing uf because of statewide budget cuts). If you look at the rankings of the various offerings at both schools..uf pretty much blows miami out of the water (based on the previous rankings)

(Higher ranked school listed with ranking, lower ranked school's ranking in parentheses)

National university: Miami 47 (53)

GRAD SCHOOLS -
    Engineering: Florida 30 (122)
    Business: Florida 47 (85)
    Law: Florida 47 (77)
    Education: Even (52)
    Medical: Even (45)
    Fine Arts: Florida 58 (119)

SOCIAL SCIENCES -
    Economics: Florida 48 (NR)
    English: Florida 52 (87)
    History: Florida 48 (71)
    Psychology: Florida 45 (60)
    Sociology: Florida 41 (82)
    Criminology: Florida 12 (NR)
    Political Science: Florida 49 (NR)

SCIENCES -
    Biology: Florida 46 (82)
    Chemistry: Florida 36 (94)
    Computer: Florida 39 (NR)
    Earth: Miami 39 (54)
    Math: Florida 59 (98)
    Physics: Florida 36 (122)
    Statistics: Florida 27 (NR)

Miami is higher than UF in Physical Therapy (7 to 15).

They also have programs ranked that UF either does not have or were not ranked (unclear as to which): Public Affairs (100) and Nursing-Anesthesia (72).

Florida, however, is ranked higher in the following categories: Nursing - Florida 44 (79) and Nursing-Midwifery - Florida 26 (34).

UF is also ranked in several programs that Miami does not have or were not ranked: Audiology (6), Analytic Chemistry (8), Theoretical Chemistry (18), Ceramics (14), Latin American History (9), Occupational therapy (13), Pharmacy (9), Physicians Assistant (43), Public Health (29), Rehab Counseling (48), Speech Pathology (12), and Veterinary Medicine (12).

Miami being ranked higher has to do with 2 things and 2 things only.....private schools are always ranked higher, and class size is lower. USNWR unfairly weights those factors.

Quote Originally Posted by drycreek View Post
    Brilliant response. Obviously you have nothing to bring to the table. Please tell me you didn't attend the University because if you did then my Alma mater has completely hit the $#@!s. Can't even muster a well articulated response. "derp" How cute.
    I did. Believe me, I'm equally embarrassed that you apparently attended. I responded at the level I deemed appropriate for your remarks.

asshat mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? mdmost's Avatar
    For not really giving a $#@! you certainly wrote some long ass paragraphs.

asshat runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone Shaggy Gold Club runthebone's Avatar
    If something is soft, you can get it hard
    We Texas shaggybevo deserves the best, and SEC is the best so I'll stop posting right now.
    fify

Beer Me TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. TouchdownTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tokengator View Post
    usnews rankings are horse$#@!. They weigh $#@! that really is insignificant (i.e. private schools get heavily weighted)

for example, miami has been skyrocketing up the ranking based solely on class sizes (which is killing uf because of statewide budget cuts). If you look at the rankings of the various offerings at both schools..uf pretty much blows miami out of the water (based on the previous rankings)

(Higher ranked school listed with ranking, lower ranked school's ranking in parentheses)

National university: Miami 47 (53)

GRAD SCHOOLS -
    Engineering: Florida 30 (122)
    Business: Florida 47 (85)
    Law: Florida 47 (77)
    Education: Even (52)
    Medical: Even (45)
    Fine Arts: Florida 58 (119)

SOCIAL SCIENCES -
    Economics: Florida 48 (NR)
    English: Florida 52 (87)
    History: Florida 48 (71)
    Psychology: Florida 45 (60)
    Sociology: Florida 41 (82)
    Criminology: Florida 12 (NR)
    Political Science: Florida 49 (NR)

SCIENCES -
    Biology: Florida 46 (82)
    Chemistry: Florida 36 (94)
    Computer: Florida 39 (NR)
    Earth: Miami 39 (54)
    Math: Florida 59 (98)
    Physics: Florida 36 (122)
    Statistics: Florida 27 (NR)

Miami is higher than UF in Physical Therapy (7 to 15).

They also have programs ranked that UF either does not have or were not ranked (unclear as to which): Public Affairs (100) and Nursing-Anesthesia (72).

Florida, however, is ranked higher in the following categories: Nursing - Florida 44 (79) and Nursing-Midwifery - Florida 26 (34).

UF is also ranked in several programs that Miami does not have or were not ranked: Audiology (6), Analytic Chemistry (8), Theoretical Chemistry (18), Ceramics (14), Latin American History (9), Occupational therapy (13), Pharmacy (9), Physicians Assistant (43), Public Health (29), Rehab Counseling (48), Speech Pathology (12), and Veterinary Medicine (12).

Miami being ranked higher has to do with 2 things and 2 things only.....private schools are always ranked higher, and class size is lower. USNWR unfairly weights those factors.
    Yeah I agree with what your are saying. There are obviously serious flaws in the rankings. All I was trying to do is make the point that all this talk about the SEC academics being an impossible barrier for Texas' entry into the conference are just horse $#@! as evidenced by the fact that excellent schools like Vandy, UF and UGA are all in the conference not to mention the fact that the Big XII has ZERO to brag about when it comes to academics outside of Texas and formerly Texas A&M.

asshat DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof Shaggy Gold Club DigglerontheHoof's Avatar
    I've never said a word about academics, I just don't want Texas to be that closely associated w/ the "Deep South". I grew up in Louisiana, still have a lot of family on my mom's side down there. I love them and all but I thank God every day my dad moved us back to Texas when I was in middle school. You think Texas has a large racist element....

Quote Originally Posted by DigglerontheHoof View Post
    I've never said a word about academics, I just don't want Texas to be that closely associated w/ the "Deep South". I grew up in Louisiana, still have a lot of family on my mom's side down there. I love them and all but I thank God every day my dad moved us back to Texas when I was in middle school. You think Texas has a large racist element....
    Agreed. Lived in Louisiana when I was young and all of my mom's family still lives in the down state. Thankfully most of my family went to LA Tech. It was the only way they were going to get a real education in Louisiana.

+ Reply to Thread