Closed Thread
Page 93 of 108 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,650 of 5367

Thread: 2011-2012 Texas Rangers Offseason Thread

$#@!ing love napoli.

Napoli told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, "I don't even know why he did it. You don't do that. I am not taking it as a prank. You know, I haven't even talked to him since the end of last season. We don't have that type of relationship.
    wanna know how we know nobody likes str8douche?

I'm not having no conversation about Twitter.
    for such a sophisticated hipster he's a $#@!ing idiot. also, lulz that he only has 116,000 twitter followers. $#@! that guy no lube.

fucktard AirWolf is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? AirWolf's Avatar
    Wow...Just locked up Dutch with a 5 year 28 Million deal.

asshat PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Evidently 2 club option years. Can't figure that out though. Does that mean up to 7 years? Or is that included in the 5?

i really love locking up young guys to long-term contracts like this. it's worth it to 1) avoid arbitration 2) avoid a year or two of FA and 3) have a manageable contract that has huge value if you ever need to move them. jd just gave newberg a facial.

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Great deal for both sides.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    pay a little more during arb eligible years to hopefully pay less during the first few FA years. did the same with MYoung i believe. smart business from both sides.

asshat PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares? PaleWriter is probably perfectly normal.  Probably. Maybe. Who cares?
    Yes, the MY contract is a model of fiscal wisdom. Wacka Wacka Wacka.

asshat Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Duck of Death's Avatar
    talking about his 2005 contract, $#@!$#@!.

asshat Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleWriter View Post
    Evidently 2 club option years. Can't figure that out though. Does that mean up to 7 years? Or is that included in the 5?
    the Texas Rangers have signed Derek Holland to a five-year, $28.5 million deal. The extension will cover Holland’s remaining arbitration years, and his first year of free agency. It also includes club options for 2017 ($11 million) and 2018 (11.5 million).
    ,.;'

if he lives up to his potential the $11m and $11.5m in 17 and 18 will be a $#@!ing steal. sure, he has to be healthy and all that but once again this is a great contract for the rangers if they ever have to move him.

can't believe he'd give a club option for those 2 years. either he will be well worth it and be underpaid for 2 of his prime years, or he will not be worth it and they won't pick it up. guess thats what he exchanged for being overpaid wrt his arbitration years

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club
    Remember a week or two ago when Wash specifically said they wouldn't hide Yu from LAA or any of the West teams in Spring starts? Yeah, well...

· Texas faces the Angels on Sunday, Darvish’s day to start, but the Rangers will have him work in a minor league or intrasquad game that day, giving the Los Angeles assignment instead to lefthander Robbie Ross.

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    He's not going to do things the way things do just because that's how he said he does it.

And this thread is going to go nuclear when Holland has his first bad-Dutch performance.

Quote Originally Posted by spystud13 View Post
    Remember a week or two ago when Wash specifically said they wouldn't hide Yu from LAA or any of the West teams in Spring starts? Yeah, well...
    Read that this morning and thought the same thing. Happy that he changed his mind, though.

asshat Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear can play the whole course with a 4 iron. At night. Dr Fear's Avatar
    Seriously, what's the point? With the schedule backloaded with divisional teams we don't see LA until May 11 (3 games) and June 1(3 games) before the all star game. Yu will clearly be a different pitcher by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    do you always let them pee on the stairs or just on their birthdays?

Quote Originally Posted by EsTyne View Post
    He's not going to do things the way things do just because that's how he said he does it.

And this thread is going to go nuclear when Holland has his first bad-Dutch performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Fear View Post
    Seriously, what's the point? With the schedule backloaded with divisional teams we don't see LA until May 11 (3 games) and June 1(3 games) before the all star game. Yu will clearly be a different pitcher by then.
    TAG and nadal talked about this yesterday. originally that question of whether or not wash was going to hide yu was asked in a large media-day type setting and TAG said it seemed wash was taken offguard and the "i'm not hiding him" was a knee-jerk response to the question. both TAG and eric agreed yesterday that they expected wash to not pitch yu against the angels. it's a lose-lose situation for us if he does pitch. it makes no sense to give the angels a preview of what his stuff's like in a game that doesn't mean anything if we win. even if he is a different pitcher by the beginning of may the movement on his pitches won't change.

world wide leader is currently ranking the 500 best players in the major leagues. wanna know who is number 472? neither do i. w - - ---t- - -- - -f- --- --

asshat spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club spystud13 Shaggy Gold Club
    I think you meant # 473. Darwin Barney hasn't done anything to us.

And I'm just $#@!ing glad Durrett is back.

asshat ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc's Avatar
    How I've missed you my friend...

pics of new area behind batters eye?

asshat ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc Shaggy Gold Club ludosc's Avatar
    pics of new area behind batters eye?
    Couldn't really see much from the gift shop...except the outside of it...will take and post pics the first game I go to (right now the 8th of April)

one time dealer CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT Shaggy Gold Club CBT's Avatar
    Anyone see the 30 on 30 on MLB? Good stuff till Bowa broke down how good BSE was last year in terms of errors and FD%.

So Cabrera is out 2 weeks. That'll bring him to regular season. His inevitable fail at third just got inevitabler.

And I'm just $#@!ing glad Durrett is back.
    $#@!ing this. Hopefully Master will go back to covering women's high school soccer or whatever he did before.

Weed & mrscracka are screwed now...

The Rangers have returned C/IF Tommy Mendonca, IF Yangervis Solarte and OF Kyle Hudson to Minor League Camp.

And here's my new pipe dream since you kids know how much I like versatile utility players:

Murphy starts in LF, Josh in CF against righties, my boy comes in late for defense.

Josh in LF, CG in CF vs lefties, & this guy is our RH 25th man...

Brandon Snyder has shown the Rangers an ability to play various positions, including catcher. He's shown a bit of pop at the plate, with a Spring Training home run. He's working in the outfield with coach Gary Pettis.

In other words, he's doing whatever he can to try to win the opening on the Rangers' bench, and Texas manager Ron Washington has noticed.

"We've certainly seen him at first and third," Washington said of the 25-year-old, who was selected by the Orioles with the 13th overall pick of the 2005 First-Year Player Draft. "He can swing the bat. He's a gamer and he has versatility."

Snyder, who was drafted as a catcher, could find himself behind the plate in the bullpen, and it's possible that he could catch in games by the end of camp.

Of course that includes $#@!stick being back in RR.

Gentry is obviously a MUCH better late-inning defensive/PR option than $#@!stick, so I think my plan may have a small chance of success.

And looks like either Gonzalez or Hernandez will be our backup SS. Blanco isn't expected to make Wash's roster though.

asshat EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne Shaggy Gold Club EsTyne's Avatar
    Jamey Newberg ‏ @NewbergReport
    Just don't see it happening here for Borbon. Another two PLUM's in the outfield today. Change of scenery time?

And he had two baserunning errors in Vegas. My above scenario keeps looking better!

most MLB ready college outfielder. remember that?

PLUM?

Also, Borbon is and always will be a $#@! up.

I can only assume it stands for Plays Left UnMade.

PlaysUnMade.

Of all of Jamey's little Jameyisms, that one doesn't bother me too much.

asshat Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine might be a clever chap. or know the right people. know what i mean, nudge nudge? Beau Vine's Avatar
    goddammnmotherfuckersonofabitch$#@!!

MESA, Ariz. -- Texas Rangers right-handed starter Neftali Feliz did not come out to pitch for the fourth inning on Tuesday because of right shoulder stiffness.
    The team said he will continue to be evaluated.

WTF is going on with "Database Error"?

Database error? WTF is going on here?

Database WTF? error is going on here?

I like more and more thinking about the Holland contract. We are going to look back on this day as a great one for many years I think. He would be the best pitcher on more than one AL team through the life of this contract.

Quote Originally Posted by EsTyne View Post
    PlaysUnMade.

Of all of Jamey's little Jameyisms, that one doesn't bother me too much.
    its not a jameyism, its been used for years by scouts and talent evaluators and has worked its way into the broadcast booth more than once.

its not a jameyism, its been used for years by scouts and talent evaluators and has worked its way into the broadcast booth more than once.
    Ah.

Also, would...

Phil Rogers (Chicago Tribune) speculates that the Rangers and Cubs could match up on a deal for center fielder Marlon Byrd, noting that Texas is “trying to move reliever Koji Uehara, who could provide innings in an uncertain Cubs’ bullpen.”

That's nothing but Phil Rogers daydreaming.

Theo Epstein is a lot smarter than Phil Rogers.

Why do these two mother $#@!ers always have excuses for $#@!? Bow up & do your $#@!ing jobs, you $#@!s.

"I'm a command pitcher and I'm not content with how I'm throwing the fastball," Uehara said. "Maybe I'm not acclimated to the Arizona weather."

Uehara admitted that his split-fingered fastball doesn't break the way he'd expect out here.

"The splitter doesn't split," Uehara said.

Julio Borbon was not credited with an error in the first despite a ball going off his glove in center. Borbon had a long way to run, but the ball hit his glove and dropped. Starlin Castro was given a triple.

"I was going full speed on it and it came out of my glove," Borbon said.

A few innings later, Borbon tried to sprint over and cut a ball off in center, but missed it. It turned what appeared to be a Blake DeWitt double into a triple.

"I wasn't close on it," Borbon said. "I took two steps forward and by the time I could try to cut it off, I couldn't get there. I could see [Craig] Gentry out of the corner of my eye and I didn't want to dive and run into him."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas...s-clean-inning

Why do these two mother $#@!ers always have excuses for $#@!? Bow up & do your $#@!ing jobs, you $#@!s.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas...s-clean-inning
    Koji IS doing his job. (He's a kamikaze pilot)

Nice SBNation piece talking about how good a deal the Rangers might have just gotten with Holland.

Rangers Sign Derek Holland To Five-Year Contract Extension

Derek Holland is a 25-year-old lefthanded pitcher. Yes, 25, even though his facial hair makes him look like he's about 16. In 2011, he had a solid season, going 16-5 with a 3.95 ERA and 1.35 WHIP, and leading the American League in complete-game shutouts with four.

Tuesday, the Rangers are reportedly rewarding that performance with a contract extension:

If Holland continues his 2011 performance level over that five-year period, Texas could be getting quite a bargain. Fangraphs says Holland's 2011 season was worth $16.1 million in current dollars, and the average annual value of the deal, according to the Heyman tweet, is just a little over $5 million.

This is part of a trend in which teams are locking up younger players, buying out arbitration years and the first year or two of free agency, paying some money now in order to avoid paying more later. You might even call it the new market inefficiency, or at least trying to take advantage of market conditions before they burn you. The deal also includes team options that could keep Holland in a Rangers uniform through 2018:

Perhaps by the end of the five (or seven, if the Rangers exercise both options) years, Holland will be able to grow a proper mustache.
    http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/3/20/28...ngers-contract

Doucher just keeps on douche'n it up:

MESA, Ariz. - Former Ranger C.J. Wilson didn't really feel like discussing his "prank" of tweeting one of Mike Napoli's cell phone numbers.

Our Rick Gosselin stayed behind in Surprise today and watched Wilson pitch for the Los Angeles Angels against Kansas City today. After Wilson tossed five shutout innings that included no walks and five strikeouts, Gosselin asked for a simple explanation of the "prank."

Here is a transcript of the exchange:

Gosselin: "What purpose did it serve tweeting Napoli's phone number?"

Wilson: "Next question. If you ask baseball questions, we'll talk."

Unfortunately, there was no next question. If there had been, it could have been "What baseball purpose did it serve?"

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-to-discu.html

Pretty bad when your new team's home state has it 60-40 that your prank wasn't funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...&pollId=135721

Let's all be honest, CJ outperformed expectations as a starter. The guy is a quality SP in this league, and I don't think anyone doubts that.

But his level of self-importance and 'persona' $#@!ing shatter his performance. In all reality, he's a good #2 P, and that's most likely his ceiling. As much as we hate WeaverWright, and as much as I will love to hate Pujols on that squad, CJ is no doubt target #1 in LAA. He was a douche with us, he's a douche now, and now we don't have to pretend to like the $#@!.

tl;dr cliff notes...$#@! you, you arrogant, overtweeting, unclutch, pansy ass piece of vaginal excretion. I hope Nap lines one back to your $#@!ing temple.

WeaverWright, that one's gonna have to stick. Nice work.

Pretty bad when your new team's home state has it 60-40 that your prank wasn't funny.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/fl...&pollId=135721
    That's one thing you always hear about Alaska. They hate it when you tweet someone else's number.

Closed Thread